Author Topic: WHERE ARE THE BLACK FATHERS? The message Obama and the Left should be giving this Father's Day  (Read 218 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: FRONTPAGE MAGAZINE

URL: http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263188/where-are-black-fathers-crystal-wright

by: Crystal Wright

Father’s Day is a time for black America and our first black president Barack Obama to tell black men to man up, start marrying their women and stop killing each other.

More black babies (72%) are born out of wedlock – without fathers today, than into married homes. It’s no wonder that young black men end up being gang bangers, toting guns in the hood, or killed by another black.  In 1963, that figure was 23.6% for blacks, and 3% for whites. In a 1965 report to President Lyndon B. Johnson, "The Negro Family: the Case for National Action," then-assistant secretary of labor, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, warned that the black family was on the verge of “complete breakdown.”

Moynihan wasn’t lying. Nothing has changed for blacks. Instead, things have gotten a whole lot worse. So why won’t Obama address the nation and tell black men to start being fathers, getting married before they have babies, and to be a parent to the babies they have? This would be a great way to demonstrate that black lives truly matter.

I write at length about the collapse of the black family in my book Con Job: How Democrats Gave Us Crime, Sanctuary Cities, Abortion Profiteering, and Racial Division.

In his 1992 acceptance speech for the Democrat presidential nomination, Bill Clinton declared, “Governments don’t raise children; parents do and you should.”

Sadly, that’s exactly what’s happening to blacks, the government takes responsibility for raising blacks from cradle to prison to grave. According to a 2009 Brookings Institution study, if a person doesn’t finish high school, doesn’t marry and has a baby before age 21, his or her chance of becoming poor is  74%. From public housing programs, to government-funded day care in public schools, for teen moms, blacks are the largest consumers per capita of welfare programs.

It’s also no surprise that blacks represent roughly 13% of the population, but make up a larger percentage of federal and state prisoners (38%) compared to whites (34%).  Or that black males are 6.4 times more likely to be incarcerated. Blacks are procreating with irresponsibility – like they’re killing each other.

Over the 3-day Memorial Day weekend this year, 64 people were shot in Chicago, 6 of them killed – and 52 of the shooting victims are black. The people doing the shooting were not racist police officers. Where was the nation’s outpouring of grief and rage over this massacre, like we’ve seen for the terrorist victims in Orlando? 

“Today Democrats express open hostility toward anyone remotely suggesting that blacks’ choices may be responsible for the misery our race is trapped in, or that we should take individual responsibility to clear it up,” I wrote in Con Job.

When will Obama and Democrats demand black fathers be part of the black family equation? Better yet, if Hillary Clinton believes in feminism, why doesn’t she tell young black women to respect themselves more, focus on graduating high school, delay sex until marriage, and use birth control so their lives and their future children’s will matter? I’m fairly confident that we’ll never hear Obama point to a black teen Mom with multiple babies by different men and say “She reminds me of my daughters.” I’m also certain Hillary will never tell her granddaughters it’s okay to grow up to be teen moms. But it is okay for Democrats to coddle blacks in this generational state of pathology.

From Con Job:

A few years ago, my mother tutored a four-year-old- black girl in pre-K at a Richmond, Virginia public school. Helping the child make a card for her mother,  my mother told her that she was going to five Valentine’s Day cards to special people like her husband and her children.

The little girl looked up at my mother in disbelief, asking, “You can have a husband?”

Slightly shocked and a little taken aback, my mother simply responded, “Yes.”

It’s a sad state of affairs when the word husband is a foreign word to a little black girl.

When you don’t know what a father or husband is, you have no example to live up to.  Isn’t it time for Democrats to be honest about the deviancy they’re perpetuating in exchange for votes, power and huge costs to society and taxpayers?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:19:13 pm by SirLinksALot »