Author Topic: There Is No Other, More ‘Presidential’ Donald Trump  (Read 6622 times)

Offline aligncare

I'm new here so I've stayed out of the threads where long-time TBR posters deal with differences which might have recently emerged.  But I'm curious - given the advice you gave to FReepers above, which I've shown in bold, what is your purpose in posting on TBR?

Habit, and it's got better software too.

Plenty of people here that show me respect and so I show them respect back. MAC, DC, alicewonders, flowers, truth_seeker...sorry if I missed someone...

Offline aligncare

Let's stop playing these games.

We know who Trumpette references.  Those of us who support Donald Trump.

If you new folks want to have a civil conversation with a Trump supporter you gonna have to talk nice to us. It's common courtesy.

Like I said, I'm a counterpuncher. Insult me, you'll get it back.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Plenty of people here that show me respect and so I show them respect back. MAC, DC, alicewonders, flowers, truth_seeker...sorry if I missed someone...

ahem!!!! 8888crybaby

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline musiclady

By the way, I heard you engage in thoroughly trashing free republic. Is that true?

Yeah, you. You know who I'm talking to.

Ummmm............ you're certainly aware of the beating some of our newcomers have taken at TOS, aren't you?

NO one here has subjected you to that kind of abuse, and you know it.

There is NO comparison between criticizing the abuse that's taken place at TOS, and your going there to trash us.

Almost everyone here left TOS at some point because of the vile behavior there.  It's never been that way here, and it never will be because this is a well-run forum that allows multiple different viewpoints.

If this were FR, you would have been banned long ago for what you've done.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

Who used to be a decent person before Donald Trump got a hold of his soul..........   **nononono*

Exhibit A

Offline aligncare

My soul is in trouble, I have moral problems, and I used to be decent. Until I supported a Republican presidential candidate by the name of Donald Trump.

Unbelievable.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Could other Trump supporters from FR not also appreciate the software and enjoy the same respect you are shown?
James 1:20

Offline aligncare

ahem!!!! 8888crybaby

Lord, I knew the moment I started naming folks I was in trouble...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You'd get a lot more respect around here if you'd rebut the article and not make (stupid) personal attacks on those of us who don't support Trump.

How do you defend his wanting to take away the gun rights of innocent people?  How do you defend his accusations against our troops in Iraq?

How about a substantive response?

They can't.  They're too busy accusing us of making personal attacks and flagging every post to the Mod staff because we said something negative about their prince.

Meanwhile….. you and I are psychos.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

Could other Trump supporters from FR not also appreciate the software and enjoy the same respect you are shown?

Absolutely. There are plenty of new free republic arrivals who dropped the vitriol and speak to us Trump supporters like intelligent human beings.  Instead of Satan's seed.

Oceander

Let's stop playing these games.

We know who Trumpette references.  Those of us who support Donald Trump.

If you new folks want to have a civil conversation with a Trump supporter you gonna have to talk nice to us. It's common courtesy.

Like I said, I'm a counterpuncher. Insult me, you'll get it back.

Broad terms are par for the course.  They do not constitute personal insults and do not justify personal attacks in response. 

Offline ConstitutionRose

Your post is just sick coming from an adult.  A pre-teen juvenile trying to be clever - I can understand.  Not an adult, not someone who wants to be taken seriously and certainly not someone who wants to influence anyone.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline aligncare

Listen, I gave the refugees from free republic several weeks to decompress. Finally it's beginning to happen. But there are still hold out, who want to keep reliving the primary, or hope for a contested convention which will kill our chances to defeat the Democrats.

Primary is over. At least start "trying" to rally around the GOP nominee.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:05:20 pm by aligncare »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Trump supporters all, to one degree or another, mistake  disagreement for disrespect.  They are NOT the same thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

Absolutely. There are plenty of new free republic arrivals who dropped the vitriol and speak to us Trump supporters like intelligent human beings.  Instead of Satan's seed.

But your counsel to them, if they are Trump supporters, was to not come to TBR because they would not enjoy it, and that most TBR posters are #nevertrump with whom argument is like arguing with a fencepost.  Do you believe that, or do you believe that you are shown respect by many at TBR and that "plenty of new free republic arrivals ... dropped the vitriol and speak to us Trump supporters like intelligent human beings"?

Oceander

Listen, I gave the refugees from free republic several weeks to decompress. Finally it's beginning to happen. But there are still hold out, who want to keep reliving the primary, or hope for a contested convention which will kill our chances to defeat the Democrats.

Primary is over start. Trying to rally around the GOP nominee.

Did I miss the convention?   Did actual delegates cast actual ballots to actually elect Trump the actual GOP nominee?

No.  Trump is not the nominee right now and there is nothing to rally round, even if iron-fisted party loyalty were acceptable (which it is not).

Offline aligncare

Trump supporters all, to one degree or another, mistake  disagreement for disrespect.  They are NOT the same thing!

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. People recognize when they're being insulted. Any objective observer looking through these threads can see who has been insulting whom.

Offline aligncare

But your counsel to them, if they are Trump supporters, was to not come to TBR because they would not enjoy it, and that most TBR posters are #nevertrump with whom argument is like arguing with a fencepost.  Do you believe that, or do you believe that you are shown respect by many at TBR and that "plenty of new free republic arrivals ... dropped the vitriol and speak to us Trump supporters like intelligent human beings"?

I'm tired. It's the end of the workday, could you boil that down to an understandable question? Better yet, I'll get back to you after I decipher it...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. People recognize when they're being insulted. Any objective observer looking through these threads can see who has been insulting whom.
In the case of Trump and his caucus, everything is an insult.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Nah, we're just mental cases and tree stumps according to you.

Which would explain why pissing on a mentally deficient tree stump is perfectly acceptable to you and yours.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline HoustonSam

I'm tired. It's the end of the workday, could you boil that down to an understandable question? Better yet, I'll get back to you after I decipher it...

You stated on FR that Trump supporters should not come here because they would not enjoy arguing with fenceposts.  You've stated here that you, a Trump supporter, personally enjoy respect are spoken to like an intelligent human being.

Which is true?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I see a bunch of whining, pissing and moaning from some but very little of what I would call personal insults and when personal insults have occured they have been quickly and effectively dealt with by managment.    It is  my opinion that YOU'RE  insulted only because you havent been able to cajole others into seeing it your way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery

As a rather rabid #Nevertrumper (oh, let's not beat around the bush), I've never thought any of you all trumpers were Satan's seed (well..., maybe one or two of you), but rather stumpy who is Satan's seed.
Former Republican.

Offline musiclady

My soul is in trouble, I have moral problems, and I used to be decent. Until I supported a Republican presidential candidate by the name of Donald Trump.

Unbelievable.

No.  Donald Trump has made you mean.  It's not your support for him.  It's that your support has changed your behavior.

You obviously can't see it, but it hasn't happened to every Trump supporter.

It HAS happened to you, because you used to be nice, and now you do nothing but whine, attack, and now betray the people on this forum who have treated you well.

You're not the others.  You're YOU.

And you did use to be a polite adult......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

They can't.  They're too busy accusing us of making personal attacks and flagging every post to the Mod staff because we said something negative about their prince.

Meanwhile….. you and I are psychos.

@INVAR

I'm still waiting for his answer as to how he defends Trump's wanting to take guns from innocent people and why he blamed our troops for stealing in Iraq.

I'd like to find out how one twists and turns the truth enough to make sense out of these latest Trump idiocies...