Author Topic: Heavyweight breaks ranks with GOP, endorsing Clinton  (Read 1255 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Heavyweight breaks ranks with GOP, endorsing Clinton
« on: June 16, 2016, 06:51:14 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283750-armitage-breaks-ranks-with-gop-endorses-clinton

June 16, 2016, 12:12 pm
Heavyweight breaks ranks with GOP, endorsing Clinton

By Jessie Hellmann

Richard Armitage, who held top national security positions in the administrations of former Presidents George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, said he would vote for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton over her likely Republican rival, Donald Trump.

"If Donald Trump is the nominee, I would vote for Hillary Clinton," Armitage, who served as a deputy secretary of State under Bush and as an assistant secretary of Defense under Reagan, told Politico on Thursday.

"He doesn't appear to be a Republican. He doesn't appear to want to learn about the issues. So I'm going to vote for Mrs. Clinton." 

Clinton hit Trump earlier this month on national security, saying his ideas would put America in greater danger and inspire more terrorist attacks.

"A ban on Muslims would not have stopped this attack," Clinton added on Wednesday, referring to the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla. over the weekend.

"Neither would a wall. I don't know how one builds a wall to keep the internet out," she said. "Not one of Donald Trump's reckless ideas would have saved a single life in Orlando."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Heavyweight breaks ranks with GOP, endorsing Clinton
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 06:55:17 pm »
Never heard of the rino.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 06:56:25 pm »
No surprise.

The GOP has only a handful of actual Conservatives in it, so voting for the Mao Pantsuit is as easy for them as it was surrendering the power of the purse and the Advice and Consent clause to Obama.

The Ruling Class Oligarchy has been a uniparty for some time, and after the velvet coup in 2012 - Armitage does that which we now expect of the 'opposition party'.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:02:19 pm »
Wow.  I remember this guy.  He's a big player on issues related to national security.  It makes sense, though.  The brazen, lying fraud don is weakest on these matters.

Except for economics.

And  the Constitution.

And civics.

And telling the truth.

And immigration.

Oh, wait.  stump is weakest on everything.
Former Republican.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 07:10:22 pm »
Wow.  I remember this guy.  He's a big player on issues related to national security.  It makes sense, though.  The brazen, lying fraud don is weakest on these matters.

Except for economics.

And  the Constitution.

And civics.

And telling the truth.

And immigration.

Oh, wait.  stump is weakest on everything.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 07:16:55 pm »

So?  Putin and Kim Jong-un support Trump as well.  Not such good company if you ask me.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 07:21:27 pm »
who held top national security positions in the administrations of former Presidents George W. Bush

I sure do wish I knew what frightens the Bush clan so much about a Trump presidency. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 08:03:34 pm »

I sure do wish I knew what frightens the Bush clan so much about a Trump presidency.

Crazy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 08:07:58 pm »

He's not a member of their exclusive club.

And he is to the Left of Hildabeast and alongside Bernie Sanders on matters of trade.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 08:09:27 pm »

A lunatic with his finger on the nuclear launch button, perhaps. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 08:22:56 pm »

Ralph Reed that asked another entity to launder money for him so it didn't look like the money they were paying him actually came from them?  That Jake Abramoff and Tom Delay were sentenced to prison for?  That Ralph Reed?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 08:38:00 pm »
I haven't heard about that. I suppose it's the same Ralph Reed. Say, perhaps you should contact the authorities if you have any incriminating evidence on Mr. Reed that may be useful in a criminal trial. Who knows? Maybe you'll get a reward!

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 08:57:20 pm »
wasnt armitage the one who should have been in trouble for valerie plame? not scooter!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 09:35:34 pm »
I haven't heard about that. I suppose it's the same Ralph Reed. Say, perhaps you should contact the authorities if you have any incriminating evidence on Mr. Reed that may be useful in a criminal trial. Who knows? Maybe you'll get a reward!

Well, you've already ignored the character of one politician, why not the rest of them?  And Hillary's lying and stealing shouldn't be an issue at all.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 09:37:08 pm »
wasnt armitage the one who should have been in trouble for valerie plame? not scooter!

He is the one who unintentionally "outed" plame.
Former Republican.

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 09:48:08 pm »

Say, why don't you try a little less snark and a little more Google or Wikipedia?  You know, show respect to get respect.  That is the same Reed, as per the Wikipedia articles on him and he Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal.  The facts are reasonably apparent, but for whatever reason Reed wasn't charged or prosecuted (perhaps he provided assistance, who knows).  So this isn't a case of someone claiming newly discovered evidence. 

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 09:54:00 pm »
He is the one who unintentionally "outed" plame.

Plame was unintentionally outed by her employers in a mishap with a list that contained her name and other pertinent info.  Which is why she was riding a desk.  Then there was a magazine article with not so subtle reference to her employment.  All of that took place well before anything in the Bush administration.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 10:12:42 pm »
A lunatic with his finger on the nuclear launch button, perhaps.

You are the snarky one.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 10:37:11 pm »
A lunatic with his little finger on the nuclear launch button, perhaps.

There. Fixed it.  :tongue2:
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 10:39:30 pm »
Crazy.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the Bush Cartel crazy, Sink.  But there is something they want hidden. 

We'll know, I suppose, soon enough.   :shrug:

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 10:41:05 pm »
Ralph Reed that asked another entity to launder money for him so it didn't look like the money they were paying him actually came from them?  That Jake Abramoff and Tom Delay were sentenced to prison for?  That Ralph Reed?

So now Ralph Reed is a crook?   :facepalm2:

Offline bilo

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 11:01:36 pm »
Never heard of the rino.

IIRC, he worked under Colin Powell and was the guy who leaked the false information to the press that got another WH staffer imprisoned.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 11:06:09 pm »

That's it, Scooter Libby served time and was financially decimated for leaks to the press which Armitage later admitted he did. One of Bush's terrible moments. He should have listened to Cheney and pardoned Libby before everything got out of hand.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 11:08:24 pm »
You are the snarky one.

I think a few of us, including me, have been a little snarky.  And for my part in that I apologize.  That does not change that this guy has some serious character issues that need to be examined before thinking that his endorsement is some great thing.

Offline bilo

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 11:10:48 pm »
I wouldn't go so far as to call the Bush Cartel crazy, Sink.  But there is something they want hidden. 

We'll know, I suppose, soon enough.   :shrug:

Could be as simple as they recognize that Trump is a lying jerk.

I can never support hillary, but Trump is no better. So like a lot of "nevertrump" folks I'll vote for conservatives down the ballot and leave the vote for POTUS blank.