Author Topic: Trump’s relationship with RNC sours (Party hires fired Rick Wiley to work on campaign)  (Read 1675 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump's relationship with RNC Sours

Tensions flare as the party hires a fired Trump aide and uses vendors linked to #NeverTrump, while fundraising flags.

By KENNETH P. VOGEL, ELI STOKOLS and ALEX ISENSTADT

06/15/16 10:27 PM EDT

Donald Trump is relying heavily on the Republican Party to bolster his skeletal operation, but his campaign’s relationship with the Republican National Committee is increasingly plagued by distrust, power struggles and strategic differences, according to sources in both camps.

In recent days, RNC chairman Reince Priebus has privately grumbled that his advice doesn’t seem welcome with Trump, according to one RNC insider. Other party officials have expressed frustration that Trump’s campaign is trying to take too much control over a pair of fundraising committees with the party while adding little to the effort, according to campaign and party officials familiar with the relationship.

While Trump had promised Priebus that he would call two dozen top GOP donors, when RNC chief of staff Katie Walsh recently presented Trump with a list of more than 20 donors, he called only three before stopping, according to two sources familiar with the situation. It’s unclear whether he resumed the donor calls later.

- Excerpted by MOD3

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-republican-national-committee-224403#ixzz4BlLSfzx0
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:41:04 pm by MOD3 »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Oceander

It'll be the Yuuugest C.F. ever. 

Offline Mechanicos

This article is funny. It contradicts itself on every point and its over all result does not match the headline.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It'll be the Yuuugest C.F. ever.

The RNC doesn't need to interfere in Trump's campaign.

What the RNC needs to do is support him or shut up.

It really is that simple.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:42:08 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Which will be policy and law if God-forbid your prince ever got into the White House.

Which is one reason we oppose him, among myriad and many others.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What a mess.

The Republican Party had a chance to save itself.  If Ted Cruz had been nominated, he could have moved the party to the right ... maybe not overnight, but gradually and surely.

Now this nightmare figure has single-handedly destroyed both the Party and the country.

One hapless man.

How did it happen?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It's not that simple.  Nobody sane can support Trump.  Even the pathetic RNC. 

Why do you think they should shut up?

No one shuts up, least of all Donald Trump.

Oceander

Why?  He's not the nominee yet (if ever).

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

LOL yeah the RNC shouldnt have ANY input on what the REPUBLICAN candidate says, does, or how he runs his campaign as the presumptive REPUBLICAN nominee.  Especialyl when he goes far off the reservation and creates massive risk to every other republican politician in America.

They should just shut up and do as they are told.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Which will be policy and law if God-forbid your prince ever got into the White House.

Which is one reason we oppose him, among myriad and many others.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But ... that's okay---I really don't want to know.   

If Ted Cruz had been nominated, he could have moved the party to the right

No question.  But folks just didn't want him.   :shrug:

Nobody sane can support Trump. 

I can and I do.

Offline sinkspur

What campaign?  There is no campaign.  There is just Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No question.  But folks just didn't want him.   :shrug:

Yes, lots of folks wanted him.  It was a weird campaign season.  Ted Cruz came in relatively unknown, except in Texas.

Trump came in on a wave of name recognition and with billions in free media.  He was news and the media covered everything he said.  He tapped into a well of resentment among people about the media and about the weak Republican elites.  He said things that we said "Amen" to.  He defied political correctness. 

In the early primaries there was 17 candidates and Trump was the only one who was widely known.  Even though he lost every debate and was clearly a fool, people didn't see it and they didn't want to see it.

Trump never got a majority in the early primaries.  With his opposition divided among 17 candidates, he managed to get a little over one-third of the vote.  Not fair?

By the time Cruz became nationally known and loved, Trump had amassed a large lead and a cult of followers who refused to see the dark side of Trump.

It was an improbably and ill-fated set of circumstances that we're still shaking our heads about.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I can and I do.

I know you're sane, but I'm afraid you are deluded.  Do you really think Trump can win with so many negatives?  What would you think about a Contested Convention and nominated someone who might beat Hillary?

Offline aligncare

I can and I do.

Well then, you're clearly insane. I got it on higher authority. Emjay says so.

Announcer voice over as we fade to black: TDS. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well then, you're clearly insane. I got it on higher authority. Emjay says so.

Announcer voice over as we fade to black: TDS. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Wait a minute ... I just said 'not insane, but deluded.'

geronl

What campaign?  There is no campaign.  There is just Trump.

exactly

Offline aligncare

Listen, if can be attacked as being insane for supporting Trump, then I can hit back and say Mr. #NeverTrump has a mental disorder.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well, no, there's a third option: they speak out against DT and stop this from happening.

geronl

Listen, if can be attacked as being insane for supporting Trump, then I can hit back and say Mr. #NeverTrump has a mental disorder.

#NeverTrump is extremely rational

Offline aligncare

Wait a minute ... I just said 'not insane, but deluded.'

No you didn't. You're having hallucinations ...  :silly:

Take a joke. This political stuff gets too darn intense...every now and then it's good to lighten up a bit.

Anyway, my reply was in a time lag. I stopped to respond to RIV. Didn't see your follow up.  :beer:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:10:06 pm by aligncare »

Oceander

Of course dear.  Just let it all out. 

Offline skeeter

Yes, lots of folks wanted him.  It was a weird campaign season.  Ted Cruz came in relatively unknown, except in Texas.

Trump came in on a wave of name recognition and with billions in free media.  He was news and the media covered everything he said.  He tapped into a well of resentment among people about the media and about the weak Republican elites.  He said things that we said "Amen" to.  He defied political correctness. 

In the early primaries there was 17 candidates and Trump was the only one who was widely known.  Even though he lost every debate and was clearly a fool, people didn't see it and they didn't want to see it.

Trump never got a majority in the early primaries.  With his opposition divided among 17 candidates, he managed to get a little over one-third of the vote.  Not fair?

By the time Cruz became nationally known and loved, Trump had amassed a large lead and a cult of followers who refused to see the dark side of Trump.

It was an improbably and ill-fated set of circumstances that we're still shaking our heads about.

Trump capitalized on a single issue; illegal aliens.

I thought it was great, until I realized he wasn't really serious. I heard him mention that great big beautiful door in the middle of that yuge wall and thought 'hang on a minute'...

Trump has one thing in common with Obama though - both were/are a clean sheet of paper on which we were invited to write our preferred list of presidential characteristics.

Some of us sat there with the paper in front of us waiting to hear or see something tangible from him that would be indicative of his beliefs (it never happened), others simply filled in what they wanted from Trump the president. And that became the Trump they're apparently still supporting.

Its why there is no grounds for discussion with them.