Author Topic: GOP senator [Toomey-PA] to offer bill to block terrorists from buying guns  (Read 1154 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Toomey has show us who he is -- a Judas.

I don't live in PA (actually wish I did), but if I was a voter there, he wouldn't be gettin' my vote again!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Well said @kidd. The point being overlooked here: If we know someone is a terrorist and have evidence to back it up, why are we letting them walk the streets? If you have enought to indict them go round them up, dont' put them on a stupid list. If you don't have enough to even indict only suspicion you should not be considering taking away Unalieanble rights.

Ever hunt for wild honey?

You don't catch a bee and put it in a jar. You follow it. See where it goes. It will eventually fly back to it's hive.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

The thing is, they are amending their idea with an exemption for real terror suspects under active investigation, letting them buy guns so they won't be tipped off that they are being watched.

I didn't make that up. I think Feinstein introduced it and the DoJ supports it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The cynicism is breathtaking.   Let's face reality - if we want to defeat the Islamofascist killers,  then on some level we have to trust the government and the Constititutional constraints placed on it.   Toomey's bill is a step in the right direction to keep guns out of the hands of suspected terrorists, while providing due process to address law-abiding gunowners' legitimate concerns.  We don't live in perfect country, but one that's still better than most - in large part because we can throw the rascals out at the next election.  So, no,  I don't subscribe to the kind of paranoia that the government will use the fight against terror - which must be a REAL fight to be effective -  to take the guns away from TEA party folks.

Kudos to Sen. Toomey.  I will proudly vote for his re-election.       
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:02:20 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline rodamala

I don't live in PA (actually wish I did), but if I was a voter there, he wouldn't be gettin' my vote again!

I assure you, he did not get mine... and neither did Kasich.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:15:44 pm by rodamala »