Author Topic: Joe Manchin: ‘Due Process is What’s Killing Us’ with Getting Gun Control Passed  (Read 1457 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Joe Manchin: ‘Due Process is What’s Killing Us’ with Getting Gun Control Passed

BY: Jack Heretik    June 16, 2016 9:07 am

http://freebeacon.com/politics/joe-manchin-due-proces-whats-killing-us-getting-gun-control-passed/

Sen. Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) appeared on MSNBC’s Morning Joe and said that, “due process is what’s killing us right now,” regarding passing gun control legislation in Congress.

“The problem we have and really the firewall that we have right now is due process. It’s all due process,” Machin said. “So we can all say, yeah, we want the same thing but how do we get there?”

exc

Offline sinkspur

Yeah.  That messy old Constitution keeps the gun grabbers at bay.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Why are liberals so afraid of due process?   College students are having their lives ruined every day by kangaroo courts heeding Obama administration "advice" to ignore due process when dealing with he said/she said allegations of date rape.   Now, if the Dems have their way, gun owners too will be denied their rights without due process.   

I say this as an advocate of changes to permit no-buy lists for suspected terrorists.   I support Pat Toomey's proposed approach, for example.  Yesterday I suggested employing the FISA courts -  courts created precisely to permit surveillance of terrorists to be conducted while respecting due process.

But we can't just throw the Constitution in the dumpster.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah.  That messy old Constitution keeps the gun grabbers at bay.

Not just the 2A...some idiot Dem senator in California is saying that anyone who says Global Warming isn't real isn't protected by the 1st Amendment.

IMHO...the only thing keeping the rest of the Bill of Rights propped up is the 2nd Amendment.  That goes the rest will fall like dominoes.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

What the matter, Joe?

Can't get 2/3 of both chambers and 3/4 of the states to go along with you to change or repeal an amendment?

....awwwwww, too bad.

Offline mountaineer

I'm sorry to say he's one of my senators.  He's not particularly intelligent. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Not just the 2A...some idiot Dem senator in California is saying that anyone who says Global Warming isn't real isn't protected by the 1st Amendment.

IMHO...the only thing keeping the rest of the Bill of Rights propped up is the 2nd Amendment.  That goes the rest will fall like dominoes.
This country is allowing it's rights to be taken away by Islamic terrorists. The government and media is so complicit in this process. They come out and say that it's only a tiny minority of Muslims, but then say we have to give up our freedoms.

This country is being bullied into group think about homosexuals, transgenders and who knows what else the future holds. Once again the government and media is complicit. I'm not saying individuals should be persecuted, just don't expect me to accept the lifestyle as moral. Others can, and I accept their right to hold those views. After all this used to be a free country.

This country is being bullied into group think about Global Warming (or cooling if it heads that direction) because the governments of the world want your money and AGW is a way to get it. And once again the media is complicit.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"I'm sorry to say he's one of my senators.  He's not particularly intelligent."

Is that loser going to get re-elected next time around?

Or have enough of the other "mountaineers" wised up to the point where they're willing to toss him out?

geronl

I say this as an advocate of changes to permit no-buy lists for suspected terrorists.   I support Pat Toomey's proposed approach, for example.  Yesterday I suggested employing the FISA courts -  courts created precisely to permit surveillance of terrorists to be conducted while respecting due process.

The first thing that happens is they exempt real terror suspects under active investigation, allowing them to buy guns so as not to tip them off.

The only people prevented from buying a gun are ordinary people added to the list wrongly.

Offline OldSaltUSN

I'm sorry to say he's one of my senators.  He's not particularly intelligent.

LOL!   Manchin  is one of the donkey's few "rock, solid, conservatives", too.

Offline mountaineer

He's occasionally conservative, but seems to be increasingly slavish to Obama. He probably would be reelected, sadly, even with this latest bonehead comment. Not sure who might run against him next time. I'm trying to cut way back on my involvement in state party matters and am out of the loop.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org