Author Topic: Poll: GOP favorability falls to record low  (Read 452 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: GOP favorability falls to record low
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:47:22 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283650-poll-gop-favorability-falls-to-record-low

June 15, 2016, 05:24 pm
Poll: GOP favorability falls to record low

By Ben Kamisar

Less than one-third of Americans view the Republican Party favorably — the GOP’s lowest rating in the nearly-seven-year history of Bloomberg Politics' national poll.

Just 32 percent see the GOP favorably, while 49 percent see the Democratic Party favorably, according to the poll released Wednesday.

"This is obviously related to perceptions of [Donald] Trump,” said pollster J. Ann Selzer, who managed the Bloomberg Poll.

"This bleeds out into perceptions of the party and to other GOP politicians.”

Twenty-eight percent of Republicans said they had an unfavorable view of their party — an increase of nearly 20 points since late 2014.

In contrast, just four percent of Democrats view their own party unfavorably.

Twenty-seven percent of Republicans said Trump as the GOP’s presidential nominee will hurt the party.

Just 17 percent of Democrats feel the same way about their presumptive nominee, Hillary Clinton.

Overall, Trump has a 31 percent favorability rating, compared to Clinton's 43 percent.

The numbers are the latest in a series of bad polls for Trump, who has faced criticism in recent weeks for his attacks on the heritage of a Mexican-American federal judge and his reaction to the Sunday shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Fla., that killed 49.

Bloomberg polled 1,000 adults between June 10-13, with the final two days including the aftermath of the Orlando shooting. Findings about the entire population have a margin of error of 3.1 percent, while findings on likely voters of either party have a 4.5 percent margin of error.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Poll: GOP favorability falls to record low
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 10:50:07 pm »
Mission to destroy the GOP almost accomplished.

:shrug: I don't even care any more.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 06:16:17 am »
There probably is nothing dumber than a republican.

Nobody can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like a republican can.

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 06:22:58 am »
This and the previous election was the GOP's to lose - they did - and will again if they stick with Trump. Pathetic.

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 11:03:25 am »
It's not that Republicans are stupid.

It's that the desires of a unified plurality of the GOP based, those that vote in the primaries, are so far out-of-step with the rest of the voting populace.

That, and that unified plurality consumes it's news from an echo chamber, so they can never truly tell just how out-of-step they are.  Anything that is seen showing that is immediately dismissed from their own press.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 11:06:55 am »
Thanks, Trumpettes.  The stated mission of many of you was to break the GOP.  Well, you got your detestable, unelectable candidate to the point of nomination.  Quite a feat there... sounds like "mission accomplished."

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:01:41 pm »
Thanks, Trumpettes.  The stated mission of many of you was to break the GOP.  Well, you got your detestable, unelectable candidate to the point of nomination.  Quite a feat there... sounds like "mission accomplished."

And, despite getting exactly what they lusted after, many are quite upset about it.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 11:13:56 pm »
Mission to destroy the GOP almost accomplished.

:shrug: I don't even care any more.

Exactly.  I do care if we lose our country.  We are several weeks away from the convention.  Pray for a miracle.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.