Author Topic: House committee votes to censure IRS head (Koskinen)  (Read 230 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
House committee votes to censure IRS head (Koskinen)
« on: June 15, 2016, 09:03:40 pm »
House committee votes to censure IRS head
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-committee-votes-to-censure-irs-head/ar-AAh5gZS?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Excerpt:

The censure resolution condemns Koskinen for a pattern of conduct "that is incompatible with his duties and inconsistent with the trust and confidence placed in him as an officer of the United States."

It asserts that Koskinen failed to comply with a subpoena and made false statements under oath as Congress investigated 2013 revelations that the IRS had given extra scrutiny to conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.

The resolution calls on Koskinen to resign or be removed from office, and it recommends that he be required to give up his federal pension and other benefits. It does not force Koskinen to give up his pension, though.

Because it expresses the sense of the House, the Senate is not required to act on the censure.

Some real hot button issues out there besides something like this. If better in the politics section, one is welcome to move it there.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: House committee votes to censure IRS head (Koskinen)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:16:09 pm »
Censure?...that's it...what happened to impeachment....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 09:22:54 pm »
Censure?...that's it...what happened to impeachment....

They are a totally feckless collection of cowards, have proven that true countless times, and we continue to elect them.  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 09:37:48 pm »
It may be a process, I think the article in full mentions "impeachment" even the excerpt above reads:

"The resolution calls on Koskinen to resign or be removed from office..."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 09:46:14 pm »
It may be a process, I think the article in full mentions "impeachment" even the excerpt above reads:

"The resolution calls on Koskinen to resign or be removed from office..."

From the article at the link you posted.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) has said there's no chance the Senate would act on impeachment
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien