Author Topic: Democrat hits Obama for 'radical Islam' silence  (Read 247 times)

rangerrebew

Democrat hits Obama for 'radical Islam' silence
« on: June 15, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »
 Democrat hits Obama for 'radical Islam' silence
Posted By Cheryl Chumley On 06/15/2016 @ 10:36 am In Faith,Front Page,Politics,U.S. | No Comments

Sen. Joe Manchin

Sen. Joe Manchin, a Democrat from West Virginia, took a potshot at President Obama over the commander in chief’s absolute refusal to call the Orlando massacre an act of radical Islamic terrorism, saying even he doesn’t have a problem stringing together the words “radical” and “Islamic” to describe the terror strike.

Manchin’s comments, reported by Politico, came in context of discussing Obama’s anger at those who criticized him for not using the term “radical Islam” in the wake of the terror strike at aN LGBT hot spot in Orlando that left 49 dead and 53 injured, committed by a Muslim man who reportedly pledged allegiance to ISIS. As WND reported, Obama said “there’s no magic to the phrase ‘radical Islam'” and suggested that fighting against the terror group would go forth the same, regardless of what label were affixed.

The ‘Stop Hillary’ campaign is on fire! Join the surging response to this theme: ‘Clinton for prosecution, not president’

But plenty of intelligence experts and politicians have disagreed, saying the first step in waging effective warfare is to name the enemy.

On “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday, Manchin said: “[I don’t] know a Muslim in West Virginia or a Muslim anywhere in the country that doesn’t believe that these people are radical if they have been radicalized to the point they want to kill innocent people or themselves.”

Manchin, who serves of the Senate Armed Services Committee, also said he hadn’t been formally instructed on the strategies of using the proper terminology to defeat ISIS, or other similar terror groups that are fueled by their radical Islamic beliefs.

But, as “Fox & Friends” host Brian Kilmeade said, the use of proper terminology makes sense.

Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.

“If we could start using the term radical Islamists, it shouldn’t offend moderate Muslims, because they’re not radical Islamists,” Kilmeade said. “And if we leave them in power for four and a half years, you know they’re just going to get stronger. They have a legal system, they have a tax system. They have a news service. How does that show that we’re effective in fighting ISIS?”

And Manchin’s reply?

“I know,” he said, the Hill reported. “And you know what, we have had radical Christians, we have had people go into the churches, Christians and kill people.”

But even with that view, Manchin added: Obama should have used the term “radical Islam,” he said.

“I would say that,” Manchin said, of the term. “I believe that they’re radical. Very radical. Anyone that acts this way … people want to do so much harm to people – innocent people and people of their own faith. So I don’t know, but as far as the strategy of how we’re going to defeat ISIS, I don’t think that’s part of the strategy. But basically not being – not saying it and identifying them, I believe that I don’t have a problem with that and the president has given his reasons why he’s not.”

Kilmeade then followed up: “But you would do it?”

“I would do it in a heartbeat,” Manchin said, in reference to the “radical Islam” label.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 WND

Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com

URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2016/06/democrat-hits-obama-for-radical-islam-silence/