Author Topic: Trump just caved on gun control  (Read 11081 times)

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Re: Trump just caved on gun control
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
If that's the case, why did Mr. Trump change his tweet to no longer say it?

The Neo-cons used to be a big problem for the conservative movement, now with all these Trumpdavidians running around we have a big Neo-Bolshevik problem. They are the best Neo-Bolsheviks. It's going to be bad. Very bad.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:32:30 pm by BigHomer »
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2016, 08:38:03 pm »
I would stick with the 45. The 357 is going to be awfully loud inside.

LOUDNESS OF A GUNSHOT

All of that is true.   But it has also been written about that in a tense life & death situation many people do not remember the loudness of the "bang" at all, or mentioned it in any post shooting interview, or complain of lost hearing or ringing. Did any of the theater survivors, or Pulse Club survivors mention how deafening it was?  In the case of the theater some first though it was from the movie, and at the club, some thought it was part of the show.  And in both cases AR style weapons were used, which are very loud.     This same thing can be said about all the self defense stories I have read in the NRA magazines.  Of the hundreds of stories I have read from the good guy who shot the bad guy, not one included in their story how loud it was.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2016, 08:50:12 pm »
At least one of the early wagon master's had a cannon for fighting Indians. They were also used for fighting fires in the oil fields back in the early days.
http://aoghs.org/technology/oilfield-artillery-fights-fires/

Just because they had it didn't mean it was really useful for anything other than using the loud noise to scare he Indians away.

I have no idea how they used cannons to put out oil fires. I know you can put out fires with explosives because a big one will suck all the oxygen away from the fire,but for the life of me I can't figure out how a cannon ball would do that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2016, 09:01:28 pm »

I have no idea how they used cannons to put out oil fires. I know you can put out fires with explosives because a big one will suck all the oxygen away from the fire,but for the life of me I can't figure out how a cannon ball would do that.

They just used the cannon to pierce the oil tank to let out the oil so it would burn on the ground.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2016, 09:12:53 pm »
They just used the cannon to pierce the oil tank to let out the oil so it would burn on the ground.

Ok. I don't see how that would be an improvement,but it wasn't my ground that was burning.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2016, 09:40:54 pm »
Pulse Club survivors mention how deafening it was?

I heard one remark how loud the shots were, yes.  But my experience has been like you said...in the heat of the moment, you don't notice, even though you're shouting afterwards.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn