Author Topic: He was more angry at me than he was at the shooter!´: Birthday-boy Trump blasts Obama for afternoon terror lecture as he claims Orlando shooting proves  (Read 507 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He was more angry at me than he was at the shooter!´: Birthday-boy Trump blasts Obama for afternoon terror lecture as he claims Orlando shooting proves
political correctness is deadly´

Daily Mail [UK], by David Martosko, June 15, 2015

* Donald Trump rallied 9,000 people in Greensboro, North Carolina on his 70th birthday, grinning as the crowd sang to him
* Mood turned serious for a 50-minute speech about the threat of terrorism from immigrants' extended families, following Saturday night's massacre in a Florida 
   gay nightclub
* Trump dismissed a noontime lecture from President Obama, saying he sounded 'more angry at me than he was at the shooter'
* Republican presidential candidate said Hillary Clinton's plan to ramp up immigration from the Arab world shows 'she's no friend of women and she's no friend of
   LGBT Americans'

Donald Trump celebrated his 70th birthday in North Carolina with a serenade from an estimated 9,000 people and a vicious rebuttal to an afternoon of attacks lodged by Hillary Clinton and the president they both hope to replace.

'Happy birthday? Ah, don't tell me about my birthday!' he grinned as the singing started.

Trump's smile turned quickly into a pointed glare, though, as he blamed 'weak, ineffective people' in President Barack Obama's administration for what he said was an out-of-control immigration problem linked to the weekend's gun massacre at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

In a rare break from the no-drama-Obama voters have come to expect, the president unleashed an angry lecture on Trump in the afternoon, painting him as a know-nothing poseur whose lack of nuanced foreign policy knowledge and china-shop-bull approach to diplomacy would threaten to turn the Arab world against Americans and radicalize a new generation of Islamist jihadis.

Trump scoffed.

'I watched President Obama today. And he was more angry at me than he was at the shooter!' he marveled.

'The level of anger – that's the kind of anger he should have for the shooter, and these killers that shouldn't be here.'

And the presumptive Republican presidential nominee dismissed Obama's law-school oration questioning the value of branding extremist attacks as the work of 'radical Islamic terrorism' – a seldom-heard turn of phrase Trump has used for months to clobber reticent Democrats.

Trump said the U.S. had no hope of maintaining homeland security 'if you don't know what the term is, and if you don't discuss what the problem is, and if you can't say the real name.'

'We have a radical Islamic terrorism problem, folks,' he argued. 'We can say we don't. We can pretend like Obama that we don't, where Obama spent a long time talking about it and nobody at the end of that speech understood anything other than, "Boy, does he hate Donald Trump".'

Trump has sought for the past 48 hours to tie the Orlando murders to a lax immigration program that admits too many loosely screened Arabs, and to Clinton's pledge to increase America's commitment to resettle Syrian refugees by 550 per cent.

'Every year we bring in more than 100,000 lifetime immigrants from the Middle East, and many more from Muslim countries outside of the Middle East,' Trump said.

'A number of these immigrants have hostile attitudes toward women, toward gays and people of different faiths,' he added, claiming that 'Hillary Clinton's immigration plan would bring in millions of unvetted immigrants – or very poorly vetted – and how can you vet somebody when you have no idea where they come from, you have no idea about the paperwork?'

'It doesn't take a big percentage' to be deadly, he said. 'Look what one whack-job – look at this one whack, this one horrible savage – look what he did in a short period of time to great young people!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3642046/He-angry-shooter-Birthday-boy-Trump-blasts-Obama-afternoon-terror-lecture-claims-Orlando-shooting-proves-political-correctness-deadly.html#ixzz4BekeHtQK

Donald Trump rallied 9,000 people in Greensboro, North Carolina on his 70th birthday, grinning as the crowd sang to him

This was very nice to see and Trump's smile was priceless!   :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

This is the same speech in which Trump accused American soldiers of stealing cash meant for Iraqi reconstruction. 

Crowds are definitely getting smaller and none of the cable nets covered this rally, again.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

This is the same speech in which Trump accused American soldiers of stealing cash meant for Iraqi reconstruction. 

Crowds are definitely getting smaller and none of the cable nets covered this rally, again.

9,000 people waiting for four hours to see and hear Mr. Trump on a Tuesday evening.  Hmmm.....the last time this happened for Ted Cruz was ..... N.E.V.E.R!

The cable networks cannot carry Trump's rallies until Hillary gets off the sofa and holds one of her own.... the "Road to the White House" must have more than one contestant.

But you know that.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline oldmomster

Trump accused Iraqi and Afghan soldiers of stealing the money, as he has in the past.  there were 115 US soldiers convicted of theft/bribery.

'Donald Trump insinuated some soldiers in Iraq stole recovery funds delivered to the country in the wake of the Iraq War, during a speech Tuesday night in Greensboro, North Carolina.

“Iraq, crooked as hell. How about bringing baskets of money? Millions and millions of dollars and handing it out? I want to know, who are the soldiers that had that job because I think they’re living very well right now, whoever they may be,” he said.

His spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, said Trump was referring to Iraqi soldiers, not U.S. soldiers.

However, billions of recovery funds were reportedly unaccounted for in the wake of the war and could have gone into any number of places. According to the Center for Public Integrity, 115 U.S. soldiers were convicted of committing theft or bribery in Iraq and Afghanistan between 2005 and 2015.

The presumptive GOP nominee made some similar remarks in September in Keene, New Hampshire, about Afghan soldiers.

“Remember when they were handing $50 million of cash? They were going through Afghanistan paying off — I want to know, who are the soldiers that are carrying cash, $50 million, cash?” he said then. “How stupid are we? I wouldn’t be surprised — if those soldiers, I wouldn’t be surprised if the cash didn’t get there.”

http://gantdaily.com/2016/06/15/trump-references-soldiers-stealing-money-in-wake-of-iraq-war/

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Trump accused Iraqi and Afghan soldiers of stealing the money, as he has in the past.  there were 115 US soldiers convicted of theft/bribery.

'Donald Trump insinuated some soldiers in Iraq stole recovery funds delivered to the country in the wake of the Iraq War, during a speech Tuesday night in Greensboro, North Carolina.

“Iraq, crooked as hell. How about bringing baskets of money? Millions and millions of dollars and handing it out? I want to know, who are the soldiers that had that job because I think they’re living very well right now, whoever they may be,” he said.

His spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, said Trump was referring to Iraqi soldiers, not U.S. soldiers.

However, billions of recovery funds were reportedly unaccounted for in the wake of the war and could have gone into any number of places. According to the Center for Public Integrity, 115 U.S. soldiers were convicted of committing theft or bribery in Iraq and Afghanistan between 2005 and 2015.

The presumptive GOP nominee made some similar remarks in September in Keene, New Hampshire, about Afghan soldiers.

“Remember when they were handing $50 million of cash? They were going through Afghanistan paying off — I want to know, who are the soldiers that are carrying cash, $50 million, cash?” he said then. “How stupid are we? I wouldn’t be surprised — if those soldiers, I wouldn’t be surprised if the cash didn’t get there.”

http://gantdaily.com/2016/06/15/trump-references-soldiers-stealing-money-in-wake-of-iraq-war/

Thanks for posting this.

Offline ArneFufkin

I think Crissy Matthews had some of it on Hardball.

Offline RedHead

Offline sinkspur

9,000 people waiting for four hours to see and hear Mr. Trump on a Tuesday evening.  Hmmm.....the last time this happened for Ted Cruz was ..... N.E.V.E.R!

The cable networks cannot carry Trump's rallies until Hillary gets off the sofa and holds one of her own.... the "Road to the White House" must have more than one contestant.

But you know that.

What I know is that the nets are not able to carry one rally without carrying one from the opposing candidate after the Conventions.  Before the Conventions, primary rules are still in effect.

So the nets could carry Trump if they wanted.  They've lost interest.

Offline sinkspur

The question is, why is Trump making this an issue just now?  It's not going to work in his favor, to trash the military.

Offline skeeter

BHO is more angry at ALL Americans than the shooter

Good observation. While Trump is right about who Obama considers his enemy he needs to stop making it about him.

Obama has been scolding the American people for the actions of islamic radicals for eight years now.