Author Topic: BREAKING: U.S. Marine Combat Vet Credited With HEROIC Move During Orlando Shooting…  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

June 14, 2016 by Dean James
BREAKING: U.S. Marine Combat Vet Credited With HEROIC Move During Orlando Shooting…

http://www.americasfreedomfighters.com/2016/06/14/u-s-combat-marine-vet-orlando-shooting/

Dean James III% AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS –

When Omar Mateen opened fire with his AR-15  rifle on a gay nightclub in Orlando, there was one man inside who recognized the sound, a war veteran named Imran Yousuf, a bouncer at the Pulse nightclub.

Yousuf, a 24-year-old Hindu, served as a U.S. Marine in Afghanistan. On Saturday night, the combat zone followed him to Orlando.

“The initial one was three or four (shots). That was a shock. Three of four shots go off and you could tell it was a high caliber,” he said in an interview with CBS. “Everyone froze. I’m here in the back and I saw people start pouring into the back hallway, and they just sardine pack everyone.”

Yousuf knew that just beyond that pack of panicked people was a door that would lead to safety. But someone had to unlatch it.

And that someone was Yousuf.

“And I’m screaming ‘Open the door! Open the door!’ And no one is moving because they are scared,” he explained. “There was only one choice. Either we all stay there and we all die, or I could take the chance, and I jumped over to open that latch a we got everyone that we can out of there.”

That’s what heroes do!

How many people went through the door?

“Probably over 60, 70. As soon as people found that door was open they kept pouring out and after that we just ran,” he explained.

He saved a lot of people on that tragic night.

“I wish I could have saved more to be honest,” he said through tears. “There are a lot of people that are dead …there are a lot of people that are dead.”

Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims , their families and their friends.

God Bless.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:26:12 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline bolobaby

He opened a door and ran out of it?

How do I comment on this without sounding like a total asshat...?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 02:04:14 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87

I think you make a valid point.  Also remember that the shooter attempted to flee to his van and an off duty police officer (part of security) outside confronted him and chased him back inside and the hostage standoff ensued.  How many more died due to this action of the nightclub's security team?  I would also be interesting in learning on the building capacity and how many exit doors were locked/blocked?
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

As I understand he did a bit more than just open a door and run out, he stayed behind and guided people, some 70 of them, to and through the exit.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause