Author Topic: House floor erupts in protest; Dems walk out during Orlando victims’ moment of silence  (Read 2596 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
A moment of silence in Congress meant to honor those who died in the mass shooting in Orlando erupted into protests by House Democrats on Monday.

After Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) led the moment of silence, Democratic lawmakers began shouting criticism over lack of gun control legislation.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/06/14/house-floor-erupts-in-protest-dems-walk-out-during-orlando-victims-moment-of-silence-352260#ixzz4BYruk8KU

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Lovely, isn't it?

Where are Articles of Impeachment?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Democrats never miss an opportunity to politicize tragedies in pursuit of their own power, do they?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

Petulant children.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oddly enough, I'm with them.  I'm tired of "moments of silence" for things that we should no longer be silent about!  Like islamic attacks on our citizens.

Offline flowers

They never let a crisis go to waste.

Offline GrouchoTex

I've heard that the gun caused this.
I have heard the that internet caused this.
I have heard that Radical Islam caused this.
I have heard that hatred towards homosexuals caused this.
I've heard Trump's rhetoric has caused this.
I have heard that our PC culture has caused this.

I have yet to hear that the perpetrator caused this.

Offline mountaineer

Oddly enough, I'm with them.  I'm tired of "moments of silence" for things that we should no longer be silent about!  Like islamic attacks on our citizens.
I agree with that. I also don't understand the "vigils," memorials full of teddy bears and candles,  nor the exclamations that heaven has gained another angel. Having said that, my objection to their walking out on the moment of silence is that they threw a hissy fit over the alleged (but entirely imaginary) lack of "gun control" legislation.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I agree with that. I also don't understand the "vigils," memorials full of teddy bears and candles,  nor the exclamations that heaven has gained another angel. Having said that, my objection to their walking out on the moment of silence is that they threw a hissy fit over the alleged (but entirely imaginary) lack of "gun control" legislation.

Yes, I should have made clear that I didn't agree with their "rationalization" for walking out.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I've heard that the gun caused this.
I have heard the that internet caused this.
I have heard that Radical Islam caused this.
I have heard that hatred towards homosexuals caused this.
I've heard Trump's rhetoric has caused this.
I have heard that our PC culture has caused this.

I have yet to hear that the perpetrator caused this.

Well, of course it's phrased as "I think we need a discussion" which to a liberal means, I will scream and shout until you agree with me.

Offline WAC

Well it is the gay community and they're all about flowers, candles love and all that twisted mush.

Our family had a distant cousin who was gay....I received a letter from him one time , as he lived on the West Coast,  that was covered with flowers, kittens, hearts and the like.....I saw what homosexuality did to this man, now dead from aids.  And also how twisted his mind became. As well how fully self centered he and his partner were to others as well as each other. ......all these "emblems" are often just used to hide behind the reality they deny.

In this Orlando case the gay community will eat up this attention not realizing it's not that people are supporting their lifestyle,  it's that people were killed by an Islamic attack ....but they will make it more than it is along with those who swallow the "let's just love every body" agenda.

Offline skeeter

Democrats never miss an opportunity to politicize tragedies in pursuit of their own power, do they?
Liberals have picked up on the 'politization' criticism now. Recently I've seen them employ it when anyone questions the lefts refusal to acknowledge radical islam as the culprit.

Of course they don't mean to imply that EVERY variety of politicization of tragedy is bad. Some they reserve for themselves.

Offline skeeter

Sanctimonious leftists make baptist church ladies look positively licentious.

Offline mountaineer

I remember when the liberals used to constantly accuse the right of moralizing.  Now they are the biggest moralizers ever, only their definition of moral is anything but.
The problem is that the left's "morals" have no basis. When what's good or evil is a matter of what they say it is at the moment, it's kind of hard to pin down.

Offline ArneFufkin

I agree.  These weepy vigils do nothing to confront the existential enemy in our midst.

I'm sure the usual liberal suspects will be putting the rainbow flag as a background in their narcissistic Facebook and Instagram profiles - much like they did the French and Belgian flags before.

That'll solve everything.

Offline Charlespg

feckless jackasses

yeah let attack the bill of rights and disarm law abiding citizens
that will show those Muslim terrorists
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Polly Ticks

I'm sure the usual liberal suspects will be putting the rainbow flag as a background in their narcissistic Facebook and Instagram profiles - much like they did the French and Belgian flags before.

I was actually wondering about that last night -- are the French and Belgian people putting the stars and stripes across their narcissistic Facebook and Instagram profiles now?  Or just the rainbows?  Anybody know?

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra