Author Topic: Poll: Clinton Eats Away at Trump's Lead Among Men, White Voters  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Just_Victor

Re: Poll: Clinton Eats Away at Trump's Lead Among Men, White Voters
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 02:23:02 pm »

I don't believe that for an instant.

It's possible that the poll might be in error, but I believe this is the same Survey Monkey poll that showed Trump leading and winning the GOP nomination over the past several months.  Trump's supporters certainly believed the poll at the time.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 02:24:19 pm »
Actually, I was invited. ;)

And I  really enjoy this site. I don't have much use for Echo Chambers. I couldn't stay on FR after the site owner demanded all show unquestioning fealty to a candidate that not long ago he regarded as a charlatan and a con man so I opus'ed out and took my support elsewhere

If you don't like Echo Chambers,   you might not like this place so much either.   There is a cadre of folk who won't shut up about Trump,   and all they do is get into threads and give each other a big circle-jerk about how horrible Trump is.

Now I am a Cruz supporter and I got suspended over at Free Republic for pointing out how unethical Trump was in the tactics he used against Cruz,   but the primary is over,   and I am tired of seeing idiots claim that we would be better of with Hillary.   

The choice is now Trump vs.  Hillary,  and I wish the echo chamber cohort would just shut up.   They have in effect become a fifth column which is inadvertently supporting Hillary and they need to just stop it.   

They keep going on about how Trump is an unethical @$$.   Nobody cares any more!   He's the weapon we are going to have to use in this fight whether we like it or not.   Grow up,   stop being a little whiny babies,   and either get with the program or shut up!   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 02:27:28 pm »

It's possible that the poll might be in error, but I believe this is the same Survey Monkey poll that showed Trump leading and winning the GOP nomination over the past several months.  Trump's supporters certainly believed the poll at the time.

People have a tendency to believe what they want to hear.   I don't  believe this poll because white males have no respect for Hillary at all.      If they think about her at all,   they think she is a laughable hate-filled old harridan whom they would no more want to run this nation than  "Kaitlyn" Jenner.

Any poll showing white male support for Hillary is bogus on the face of it.     
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 02:29:58 pm »
Normally I'd say that all polls should be considered but if you look into the details of this one:

The poll was conducted online June 6 through June 12 among 9,355 adults who say they are registered to vote.

I"m pretty skeptical of online polls and I think people should be too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 02:31:01 pm »

If you don't like Echo Chambers,   you might not like this place so much either.   There is a cadre of folk who won't shut up about Trump,   and all they do is get into threads and give each other a big circle-jerk about how horrible Trump is.

Now I am a Cruz supporter and I got suspended over at Free Republic for pointing out how unethical Trump was in the tactics he used against Cruz,   but the primary is over,   and I am tired of seeing idiots claim that we would be better of with Hillary.   

The choice is now Trump vs.  Hillary,  and I wish the echo chamber cohort would just shut up.   They have in effect become a fifth column which is inadvertently supporting Hillary and they need to just stop it.   

They keep going on about how Trump is an unethical @$$.   Nobody cares any more!    He's the weapon we are going to have to use in this fight whether we like it or not.   Grow up,   stop being a little whiny babies,   and either get with the program or shut up!

Actually, people who care about ethics still care.  Funny that you should claim to be a Cruz supporter and not Trump and yet be so vexed that the majority of people on this forum oppose Trump on ethical grounds.

That's not going away......  and it has nothing to do with our being "little whiny babies."

It has to do with our being adults with strong enough principles to not let them be shattered by a Shyster.

And shut up because we disagree with you??   :pondering:

How very Trump-like of you....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 02:32:25 pm »

People have a tendency to believe what they want to hear.   I don't  believe this poll because white males have no respect for Hillary at all.      If they think about her at all,   they think she is a laughable hate-filled old harridan whom they would no more want to run this nation than  "Kaitlyn" Jenner.

Any poll showing white male support for Hillary is bogus on the face of it.   

I wouldn't be so hasty.  I know a lot of liberal white males.  OK, maybe the term male is loosely applied....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 02:35:12 pm »
I wouldn't be so hasty.  I know a lot of liberal white males.  OK, maybe the term male is loosely applied....

Once doesn't need to be liberal to oppose a megalomaniacal strongman with ignorance of the Constitution who's temperamentally unstable.

Folks of all political stripes ought to be united in opposition to a man who would tear this nation's fabric apart - or worse.

For those concerned that the alternative to this man is Hillary Clinton, all I can say is DENY HIM THE NOMINATION.  WE ARE NOT OBLIGED TO SIGN ON TO A SUICIDE PACT.     
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:36:32 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 02:37:35 pm »
Once doesn't need to be liberal to oppose a megalomaniacal strongman with ignorance of the Constitution who's temperamentally unstable.

Folks of all political stripes ought to be united in opposition to a man who would tear this nation's fabric apart - or worse.

For those concerned that the alternative to this man is Hillary Clinton, all I can say is DENY HIM THE NOMINATION.  WE ARE NOT OBLIGED TO SIGN ON TO A SUICIDE PACT.     

Point taken, but for the record, it wasn't about opposing Trump, it was about supporting Hillary.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:37:55 pm by Just_Victor »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 02:42:25 pm »
Point taken, but for the record, it wasn't about opposing Trump, it was about supporting Hillary.

Once Trump is the nominee,  the only way to defeat him is to vote for his opponent.  That's why it is so important to deny him the nomination. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 02:52:02 pm »
Last 6 polls for a month show Clinton with a lead. This article does not say that white male prefer Clinton, it says that she is cutting into the edge that trump holds there.

The post above  yours refers to those who cannot vote for trump in this way:

"They keep going on about how Trump is an unethical @$$.   Nobody cares any more!   He's the weapon we are going to have to use in this fight whether we like it or not.   Grow up,   stop being a little whiny babies,   and either get with the program or shut up!"

I and many others do care about the ethics of the candidate who we will vote for. That many "do not care" is a reflection on them not us. The whiny baby comment is ironic considering the poster is the one doing the whining, crying and shouting to shut up. Maybe, he wants us to shut-up because there are no good answers to the problems we bring up about trump.  For instance, there is no question that trump made a lot of money dumping debt on the backs of others.  How does the poster feel about that?  :shrug: It is documented that his trump U encouraged running up the debt of people who cannot afford it to pay for their seminars. How does the poster feel about that?  :shrug:  No wonder he wants us to shut up.

You bring up very good points, cuky.

The only reason a Trump supporter would tell others to "shut up" about the myriad of questionable characteristics of Donald Trump is that they know there are no answers to the questions we continue to raise.

And you're so right in that an adult who can defend himself never tells other adults who disagree to "shut up."

Those two words, in and of themselves are an indication that said poster knows he has no ethical ground to stand on.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 03:25:02 pm »

The only reason a Trump supporter would tell others to "shut up" about the myriad of questionable characteristics of Donald Trump is that they know there are no answers to the questions we continue to raise.

And you're so right in that an adult who can defend himself never tells other adults who disagree to "shut up."

Those two words, in and of themselves are an indication that said poster knows he has no ethical ground to stand on.

@musiclady

Why talk about someone and judge someone without inviting the target of your comments to join the conversation?

Why not ping the "said poster" and give him or her the opportunity to define/defend their ethical ground?   Wouldn't that be  --- well ---  the ethical thing to do?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 03:54:12 pm »

I wont disagree with you on this point.

However, I do see many Trump supporters that will dismiss every poll that shows Trump losing and embrace any and every poll that has something positive for Trump.

But you are correct. Online polls are probably the least accurate of polls
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »
Normally I'd say that all polls should be considered but if you look into the details of this one:

No doubt.   We used to "freep"   polls all the time.   Anonymous online polls are utter crap.   Activists will tamper with them. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2016, 07:16:05 pm »
Actually, people who care about ethics still care.  Funny that you should claim to be a Cruz supporter and not Trump and yet be so vexed that the majority of people on this forum oppose Trump on ethical grounds.

If one is going to assert "ethics"  as a defense,  one would have to have pointed out how many ethics problems Hillary has before one can be taken seriously about "ethics"  being a problem with Trump.   

I'll tell you what.   Match every complaint about Trump with an equal or greater number of complaints about Hillary,   and i'll  stop complaining about how much time is spent caterwauling about Trump.   

Till that happens,   you people are looking like just the same sort of Kooks I objected to over at Free Republic,  except instead of constantly b*tching about Cruz,   you are constantly b*tching about Trump. 

Just a different flavor of kook,  but still kook like behavior none the less.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2016, 07:17:28 pm »

The same component of Liberal support that Democrats always get.   They are the  distinct minority in the group "white males."   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2016, 07:19:28 pm »

Uh dude,   you might not be able to tell,   but Hillary is female. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2016, 07:21:00 pm »
Once Trump is the nominee,  the only way to defeat him is to vote for his opponent.  That's why it is so important to deny him the nomination. 

That cannot be done without handing the election to Hillary.   That would be cutting your head off to spite your face. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2016, 07:29:10 pm »
Yet despite all that, he could still win. I won't be voting for him as I'm a conservative and Trump is more left leaning on many economic and social issues but I think he could still win. Of course, he could also lose. But as of today, Trump is in deep trouble. But the election isn't today

BTW, at the Trump Echo Chamber called Free Republic, a member posted this poll and was zotted. They do not want to be confronted with anything that isn't supportive of the Orange God they worship. Inside the bubble thinking isn't going to help their candidate win

Poor thinking on Jim R's part to close his site to any dissenting opinions.  If he was smart, he would encourage them so that Trump supporters would be prepared and ready to refute accusations.

Like Trump and his banning of the Washington Post, FR bans opinions they don't like.

You can ban Washington Post from credentials at your gatherings but you can't ban them from reporting on Trump and you can't ban people outside of your little clique from having dissenting opinions.

Grow up, trumpers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 07:29:52 pm »

Well than let me give you another reason.   *It no longer matters about how bad he is. *  He is the horse we are going to have to ride if we don't want Hitlery.   

Unless you can make the argument that he is worse than Hillary,   it is simply a waste of other people's time to keep reading about how horrible Donald is.    You people are starting to sound like Hare Krishnas chanting something over and over and over again.   

Yes,   we get it.   He's horrible.    But is he Hillary class of horrible?    Not even close.   

Trying to follow a course of action that you perceive to be the best hope for the survival of your children is a pretty D@mn ethical approach,   if you ask me.   

As a matter of fact,   the pissing and moaning about "purity"  or "ethics"   does not even register on the same "ethical" scale.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 07:31:14 pm »

That cannot be done without handing the election to Hillary.   That would be cutting your head off to spite your face.

I don't understand why you think nominating a more acceptable candidate would be handing the election to Hillary.  quite the contrary.  Many people are dying to get rid of Hillary but can't bring themselves to vote for Trump.

Any other candidate ... well, almost any ... would have a better chance against Hillary.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 07:54:09 pm »
I don't understand why you think nominating a more acceptable candidate would be handing the election to Hillary.  quite the contrary.  Many people are dying to get rid of Hillary but can't bring themselves to vote for Trump.

I don't understand why you think nominating a different candidate is still effectively possible.   

Trump is it.   You can't win without his supporters,   and if you cheat him of the nomination,  you will simply hand the Whitehouse to Hitlery. 

There comes a time when people need to wake up to the fact that both available choices are bad,   but one of them is horribly worse than the other. 

Any other candidate ... well, almost any ... would have a better chance against Hillary.

If you postulate that all the current Trump supporters would vote for someone they regard as having stolen the nomination from them.   

But that notion lies in fantasy land.    Stop Trump at this point and you are going to get Hillary.   

The whole idea is a foolish notion that  should not even be entertained at this stage of the election.   
— Lord Melbourne —

HonestJohn

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 08:44:44 pm »
Interesting thread for a conservative forum   :pondering:

Look at the Drumpf thought police.

How PC.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:45:12 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 08:59:12 pm »
I don't understand why you think nominating a different candidate is still effectively possible.   

Trump is it.   You can't win without his supporters,   and if you cheat him of the nomination,  you will simply hand the Whitehouse to Hitlery. 

There comes a time when people need to wake up to the fact that both available choices are bad,   but one of them is horribly worse than the other.   

Hillary will be a disaster, but her one redeeming quality is she will make the Trump supporters suffer along with the rest of us.

geronl

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 09:54:19 pm »
Interesting thread for a conservative forum   :pondering:

A conservative forum that can discuss topics and events we might not agree with instead of a forum that picks and chooses rah-rah propaganda

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2016, 10:32:08 pm »
Hillary will be a disaster, but her one redeeming quality is she will make the Trump supporters suffer along with the rest of us.

This reminds me of the time Jethro decided to tie a weight around his neck throw himself into the "cement pond."   

He was gushing about how wonderful it would be to have all those girls crying over him after he was dead. 

Uncle Jed pointed out that he wouldn't be able to enjoy it if he were dead. 

Jethro responds.  "Purt near made a mistake,  didn't I Uncle Jed?"  

— Lord Melbourne —