Author Topic: Poll: Clinton Eats Away at Trump's Lead Among Men, White Voters  (Read 2114 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-clinton-expands-lead-after-becoming-presumptive-nominee-n591531

Politics
Jun 14 2016, 8:08 am ET
Poll: Clinton Eats Away at Trump's Lead Among Men, White Voters

by Hannah Hartig, John Lapinski and Stephanie Psyllos

Hillary Clinton made history last week when she became the first woman to represent a major political party as the presumptive Democratic nominee. Her good week got even better when President Obama and Sen. Elizabeth Warren formally endorsed her.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, received quite a bit of negative attention from inside his own party, including a few Republicans walking away from their previous endorsements of him.

Influence of the events of the past week is evident in the most recent NBC News|SurveyMonkey Weekly Election Tracking Poll, which shows Clinton leading Trump by 7 points, 49 percent to 42 percent. The poll was conducted online June 6 through June 12 among 9,355 adults who say they are registered to vote.

more...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Poll: Clinton Eats Away at Trump's Lead Among Men, White Voters
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:58:06 pm »
Interesting thread for a conservative forum   :pondering:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 12:59:53 pm »
The polls continue to show Clinton leading Trump and he has a lot going against him going into the Convention.  First and foremost he has FAILED to unite the party.  There are still millions of #NeverTrump supporters and members of his own party still don't want to be affiliated with him in fear that they will lose their seats in Congress or governorship.  Several of his suggested VP picks have declined to be his VP.  He has campaign finance problems; he's abandoned his promises about self-financing and is reliant on party fundraisers who haven’t all swung into action. He has alienated Hispanics and women.  Let's see;  he’s unpopular within his own party, he’s unqualified and he knows practically nothing about government or public policy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:04:53 pm »
Online anonymous poll.

:laughingdog:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 01:08:43 pm »
The polls continue to show Clinton leading Trump and he has a lot going against him going into the Convention.  First and foremost he has FAILED to unite the party.  There are still millions of #NeverTrump supporters and members of his own party still don't want to be affiliated with him in fear that they will lose their seats in Congress or governorship.  Several of his suggested VP picks have declined to be his VP.  He has campaign finance problems; he's abandoned his promises about self-financing and is reliant on party fundraisers who haven’t all swung into action. He has alienated Hispanics and women.  Let's see;  he’s unpopular within his own party, he’s unqualified and he knows practically nothing about government or public policy.

Yet despite all that, he could still win. I won't be voting for him as I'm a conservative and Trump is more left leaning on many economic and social issues but I think he could still win. Of course, he could also lose. But as of today, Trump is in deep trouble. But the election isn't today

BTW, at the Trump Echo Chamber called Free Republic, a member posted this poll and was zotted. They do not want to be confronted with anything that isn't supportive of the Orange God they worship. Inside the bubble thinking isn't going to help their candidate win

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:12:26 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 01:11:16 pm »
Online anonymous poll.

However, if the polls showed the opposite, you'd be posting it over and over and proclaiming Trump our new king.

Reality is Trump is in deep trouble. And he's losing to someone who most of the country regards as near criminal. He could still win. But denying the fact that he has a major uphill battle isn't going to do it for him.

Back in the good old days of 2012 on FR, polls showing BHO leading Romney got the same reaction as polls today that show Hillary beating Trump.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:14:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 01:21:57 pm »
Yet despite all that, he could still win. I won't be voting for him as I'm a conservative and Trump is more left leaning on many economic and social issues but I think he could still win. Of course, he could also lose. But as of today, Trump is in deep trouble. But the election isn't today

BTW, at the Trump Echo Chamber called Free Republic, a member posted this poll and was zotted. They do not want to be confronted with anything that may not be supportive of the Orange God they worship. Inside the bubble thinking isn't going to help their candidate win

I am glad that you found our forum.  We may have opposing viewpoints in here, but for the most part we are at least civil towards each other. Trump is in trouble and therefore the GOP is in trouble. Very sad.  We had some really great candidates.  Who would have thought 6 months ago that the threat of losing this presidential election was even a possibility?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 01:24:36 pm »
However, if the polls showed the opposite, you'd be posting it over and over and proclaiming Trump our new king.

Reality is Trump is in deep trouble. And he's losing to someone who most of the country regards as near criminal. He could still win. But denying the fact that he has a major uphill battle isn't going to do it for him.

Back in the good old days of 2012 on FR, polls showing BHO leading Romney got the same reaction as polls today that show Hillary beating Trump.

Trump's latest foot-in-mouth is implying that Obama was somehow complicit in the Orlando shooting; that he's  turning a blind-eye to terrorism.

Trump steps all over his message with these outbursts and is confirming in the minds of non-Trumpkins that he is not only temperamentally unfit for president but mentally unfit as well.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 01:24:47 pm »
Online anonymous poll.

Glad you find this a laughing matter.  Please by all means post links to polls that actually show Trump winning over Clinton.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 01:27:16 pm »
Trump's latest foot-in-mouth is implying that Obama was somehow complicit in the Orlando shooting; that he's  turning a blind-eye to terrorism.

Trump steps all over his message with these outbursts and is confirming in the minds of non-Trumpkins that he is not only temperamentally unfit for president but mentally unfit as well.

You hit the nail on the head.  It is becoming more and more apparent that indeed has some mental issues. He's been classified by several psychologists as narcissistic, but I think he has issues even beyond that. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 01:27:41 pm »
I am glad that you found our forum. 

Actually, I was invited. ;)

And I  really enjoy this site. I don't have much use for Echo Chambers. I couldn't stay on FR after the site owner demanded all show unquestioning fealty to a candidate that not long ago he regarded as a charlatan and a con man so I opus'ed out and took my support elsewhere

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 01:30:17 pm »
Glad you find this a laughing matter.  Please by all means post links to polls that actually show Trump winning over Clinton.

All the guys at his local tavern support Trump therefore all the polls have to be wrong. :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

I understand it's early yet but to dismiss every poll as wrong just because his supporters want it to be so doesn't make it so

Barry Goldwater

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 01:31:29 pm »
Interesting thread for a conservative forum   :pondering:

Why would conservatives be inclined to support for President a would-be strongman who's temperamentally unstable?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 01:33:56 pm »
You hit the nail on the head.  It is becoming more and more apparent that indeed has some mental issues. He's been classified by several psychologists as narcissistic, but I think he has issues even beyond that.

What are the Signs of Paranoia?
Symptoms of paranoia and delusional disorders include intense and irrational mistrust or suspicion, which can bring on sense of fear, anger, and betrayal. Some identifiable beliefs and behaviors of individuals with symptoms of paranoia include mistrust, hypervigilence, difficulty with forgiveness, defensive attitude in response to imagined criticism, preoccupation with hidden motives, fear of being deceived or taken advantage of, inability to relax, or are argumentative.

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/paranoia-and-delusional-disorders

Trump has paranoid personality disorder. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 01:36:09 pm »
Why would conservatives be inclined to support for President a would-be strongman who's temperamentally unstable?   

It's the wall. The wall. THE WALL!!!!!!!!

(the same wall that will be negotiable after he let's back in the "good" illegals, of course)

Barry Goldwater

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 01:43:27 pm »

When you get tired of the dopey emoticons and knee-jerk reactions, put the guy on Ignore.

NOTHING worth reading ever comes from that one.

As for the poll, obviously as stated, it's early and doesn't mean much, but with the idiotic stuff Trump has been saying, I wouldn't be surprised if this is accurate.

How many candidates in history have continued to mock and deride people in their own party after they've pretty much secured the nomination??

Oh............ wait................ the Republican party is not actually Trump's party.  No WONDER he wants to keep alienating us.  He's a DEMOCRAT.

(And I'm still quite sure the only reason he's running is to secure pal Hillary's place in the WH).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 01:47:38 pm »

I can't believe you just said that about an echo chamber.  :silly:

What do you think our transplant and resident #NeverTrumpers are engaging in? Vigorous debate on the pros and cons of a Trump administration?

Or rather are they echoing each other's calls for a contested convention, a write in for Cruz, or a 3rd party vote?

It's about 7 to 1 #NeverTrump in here! HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 01:48:37 pm »

Oh............ wait................ the Republican party is not actually Trump's party.  No WONDER he wants to keep alienating us.  He's a DEMOCRAT.

(And I'm still quite sure the only reason he's running is to secure pal Hillary's place in the WH).

:amen:  It bears repeating ...He's a Democrat and the only reason he's running is to secure pal Hillary's place in the WH.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 01:56:10 pm »

What do you think our transplant and resident #NeverTrumpers are engaging in? Vigorous debate on the pros and cons of a Trump administration?

Or rather are they echoing each other's calls for a contested convention, a write in for Cruz, or a 3rd party vote?

And yet here you are, contrasting their posts with your own.  You may be outnumbered, as I would expect on any self respecting conservative website, but you have not been silenced.

I guess the irony of the simple existence of your post is lost on you.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 01:56:39 pm »

Except there isn't going to be a contested convention.  Trump won the majority.  It has been rumored that 'rules' are going to be rewritten at the Convention to eliminate Trump, but I just don't see that happening.  The GOP platform for the next 4 years will also be established.

Trump would be wise to try to unite the party and actually extend an olive branch to those in his party who he has greatly offended.  So far he hasn't done that and he won't.  His objective has been to seat Hillary.

As for writing in a candidate or voting 3rd party.  EVERYONE needs to vote their conscious. IF that had been done for the past several election cycles we wouldn't be in such a mess. Voting for a candidate that you don't believe in or whom you feel will be bad for the country is sheer lunacy.

AC I will say this much.  I cannot vote for Trump.  However, IF he does happen to win the general and become POTUS, I sincerely hope that you will be able to say that you are glad and proud that you voted for him.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:04:46 pm by libertybele »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 02:01:41 pm »

But you're here and free to mock and deride us at will, with no one trying to stop you.   Mechanicos is permitted to post his stupid emoticons and call us names.  RiV is permitted to be her mean and nasty self with no one stopping her.....

The majority of Republicans don't support Trump, so it's not at all surprising that the majority of TBR's members don't either.

This is not now, nor ever has been an "echo chamber."  It's an honest forum.

On your dearly beloved TOS, people like me would be scorned, abused and banned.  No one is allowed to oppose anything about Trump.  No one is allowed to point out his immorality or degradation of women, his lies, his leftist opinions and views.  None of the truth about Trump is permitted.

THAT, dear AC, is an "echo chamber."  THIS is not.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 02:02:57 pm »

And yet here you are, contrasting their posts with your own.  You may be outnumbered, as I would expect on any self respecting conservative website, but you have not been silenced.

I guess the irony of the simple existence of your post is lost on you.

Indeed.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 02:05:09 pm »

BTW, we are still waiting to see the proof of support by Duncan Hunter for Trump. You sorta disappeared he other day after a couple people went looking and only found Jr. supporting him.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 02:07:55 pm »
Yeah but Reagan!!!!!!

/s

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 02:16:25 pm »

Poll: Clinton Eats Away at Trump's Lead Among Men, White Voters

I don't believe that for an instant. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —