Author Topic: Trump: I'm revoking 'dishonest' Washington Post's credentials  (Read 2505 times)

Offline thatcher

Imagine a Trump presidency's press conferences -- the only reporters in the room will be from FNC, Breitbart, Drudge, GatewayPundit and other sycophantic organizations.

Trump: I'm revoking 'dishonest' Washington Post's credentials

Donald Trump is rescinding the Washington Post’s credentials to cover his campaign events, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee said Monday in his latest attack on the press.

“Based on the incredibly inaccurate coverage and reporting of the record setting Trump campaign, we are hereby revoking the press credentials of the phony and dishonest Washington Post,” Trump posted on Facebook.

Trump had posted to Facebook nearly 20 minutes earlier “to show you how dishonest the phony Washington Post is.”

“I am no fan of President Obama, but to show you how dishonest the phony Washington Post is, they wrote, ‘Donald Trump suggests President Obama was involved with Orlando shooting’ as their headline,” Trump said. “Sad!”

Read more at: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-washington-post-credentials-224281
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:21:48 pm by thatcher »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump: I'm revoking 'dishonest' Washington Post's credentials
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:23:40 pm »
So Trump will create his own Praetorian Media as opposed to using the one the Left uses.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 09:30:15 pm »
I believe in freedom of the press, but the Washington Post deserves this. They are not objective. They currently have a team of 24 reporters working on basically destroying Trump. They churn out hit pieces like a baker bakes up cookies. Their articles are either full on hit pieces or Trump taken out of context to be dishonest. I wouldn't care about the former if they did hit pieces like that on Hillary, but they don't.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 09:32:54 pm »
“I am no fan of President Obama, but to show you how dishonest the phony Washington Post is, they wrote, “Donald Trump suggests President Obama was involved with Orlando shooting” as their headline. Sad!”

~Trump
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 09:39:01 pm »
I believe in freedom of the press, but the Washington Post deserves this.

And tomorrow it will be the NYT that deserves it.

And then CNN the following day.

And MSNBC the next.

Followed by everyone except Fox News and whomever else your prince says 'deserves it' because they are not nice to him.

They are not objective.

And tomorrow it will be said the NYT is not objective.

Followed by CNN.

Then MSNBC.

Then everyone else except Fox News and whomever else Trump says is "objective" because they are nice to him.

They currently have a team of 24 reporters working on basically destroying Trump. They churn out hit pieces like a baker bakes up cookies. Their articles are either full on hit pieces or Trump taken out of context to be dishonest.

Reagan had the same problem.  He got it from everywhere.

You didn't hear him push censorship and ban coverage of his campaign because the liberal press was ruthless to him.

But your boy……

Your boy wants his own Praetorian media.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:39:46 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 09:40:06 pm »
Wow. Our DonaldTM is so smart. It is about time we get back at the big meenie press by only allowing coverage that he deems on his own, favorable to himself. To streamline this process, he should set up a department to review and approve all media coverage. Maybe call it the Department of Truth, because everyone likes truth.

The primary job of the Department of Truth is to supply the citizens with newspapers, shows, websites, textbooks, plays, novels - with every conceivable kind of information, instruction, or entertainment, from a statue to a slogan, from a lyric poem to a biological treatise, and from a child's spelling-book to the dictionary with information the regime considers factual and fair to itself.

Praise Ford Trump!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 09:41:56 pm »
And tomorrow it will be the NYT that deserves it.

And then CNN the following day.

And MSNBC the next.

Followed by everyone except Fox News and whomever else your prince says 'deserves it' because they are not nice to him.

...and then power shifts and suddenly it is Fox, Rush, Drudge, and anything deemed 'Right' who are deemed not objective by the same powers.....

What a Brave New World.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 09:50:21 pm »
This is the quote by Trump in the Washington Post article titled Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting.  "Look, we're led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he's got something else in mind," Trump said in a lengthy interview on Fox News early Monday morning. "And the something else in mind — you know, people can't believe it. People cannot, they cannot believe that President Obama is acting the way he acts and can't even mention the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.' There's something going on. It's inconceivable. There's something going on."

In that same interview, Trump was asked to explain why he called for Obama to resign in light of the shooting and he answered, in part: "He doesn't get it or he gets it better than anybody understands — it's one or the other, and either one is unacceptable."

I don't see how the Washington Post was dishonest about this one.  What else does "gets it better than anybody understands" mean?  If Trump meant something different than what this sounds like then he should have said it differently or explained better.  If it's ambiguous whose fault is it?  I can understand why the title of the article is a possible interpretation of what Trump said.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 09:53:10 pm »
Simply quoting Trump's own words on Fox News is "dishonest".

lol

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 11:01:13 pm »
Funny, we didn't like it when Obama did it..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 11:34:10 pm »
The Trump Candidacy is a Shit Show of epic proportions. One the USA has never seen before. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 11:38:03 pm »
The Trump Candidacy is a Shit Show of epic proportions. One the USA has never seen before.

Is that ever true!    And we have people who think this guy is the cat's ass!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 12:00:14 am »
the Washington Post deserves this. They are not objective. They currently have a team of 24 reporters working on basically destroying Trump.

Funny how the WaPo sat on all these stories when Trump was trying to secure the GOP nomination, but now that he has it, these stories break.  It is as if this entire campaign has been a set-up from the beginning.  Hillary couldn't have picked a better person to run against.

It must have killed the WaPo to keep silent on these Trump stories for almost an entire year.  They have a lot of catching up to do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 12:06:52 am »

...and then power shifts and suddenly it is Fox, Rush, Drudge, and anything deemed 'Right' who are deemed not objective by the same powers.....

What a Brave New World.

Becarefull in what you wish for..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 12:07:53 am »
Funny how the WaPo sat on all these stories when Trump was trying to secure the GOP nomination, but now that he has it, these stories break.  It is as if this entire campaign has been a set-up from the beginning.  Hillary couldn't have picked a better person to run against.

It must have killed the WaPo to keep silent on these Trump stories for almost an entire year.  They have a lot of catching up to do.

Honestly, I think they were waiting to see if any of the Republican candidates would dig up the same dirt and use it against Trump in the primaries.  None did, though.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:20 am »
Banning the press in a campaign is like going on strike when you work for yourself. Idea may be appealing but the result is never as intended.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 12:30:12 am »
Big whoop.  Not every media outlet is given press credentials.  Reputable and honest are the keys to the kingdom.

TWP lost those long ago.   :shrug:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 12:31:45 am »
I'm having flashbacks to Jesse Ventura's time as Governor of Minnesota.

geronl

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 12:31:52 am »
Trump campaign is broke and relying on the media for heir campaign... lol

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 12:42:18 am »
Big whoop.  Not every media outlet is given press credentials.  Reputable and honest are the keys to the kingdom.

TWP lost those long ago.   :shrug:

Trump is terrified of what investigative reporting is going to dig up on him.   He's trying to inoculate.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 12:48:53 am »
In addition to its daily news coverage of Trump, The Post has a team of reporters and editors engaged in writing a book about Trump’s life and business career that will be published this summer.

Can't stand Trump but I do find this highly amusing...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 12:50:19 am »
Trump campaign is broke and relying on the media for heir campaign... lol

Not only financially, but also morally broke.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 02:26:51 am »
RoosGirl wrote (quoting Trump):
"Look, we're led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he's got something else in mind," Trump said in a lengthy interview on Fox News early Monday morning. "And the something else in mind — you know, people can't believe it. People cannot, they cannot believe that President Obama is acting the way he acts and can't even mention the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.' There's something going on. It's inconceivable. There's something going on."

For years now, it has been common talk amongst members of this forum that obama seems to be actively trying to undermine America and promotes the infiltration of islam -into- America. I've read it many times.

Now.... along comes Donald Trump who hints at this, just hints at it ("there's something going on [with obama]..." and suddenly it's fashionable to attack HIM for saying what has been the general tenor here all along.

If there's one characteristic of which the left is guilty, it's hypocrisy.

Getting pretty thick with it around -here- as of late, also!

Addendum (on topic):
I hope that Mr. Trump revokes the credentials of The New York Times, as well.
What's the difference whether they (or the Post) attend his rallies at all -- they're going to publish the same meme, anyway.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:28:30 am by Fishrrman »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 02:40:39 am »
Maybe I have just missed it, but I haven't noticed anyone condemning Trump for saying it.  The complaint I see (or at least it is my complaint) is that he said it and then revokes WaPo's press credentials for reporting it.  You can't have it both ways.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 02:52:35 am »
Until now I had no idea how religious Donaldus Minimus was, wanting to preach
strictly to his own choir.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.