Author Topic: What I saw in Atlanta will ultimately destroy more lives than these terror attacks  (Read 310 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
What I saw in Atlanta will ultimately destroy more lives than these terror attacks

Written by Allen West on June 13, 2016

http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/what-i-saw-in-atlanta-will-ultimately-destroy-more-lives-than-these-terror-attacks

I know the story du jour is all about what happened in Orlando, and without a doubt this is a major Islamic jihadist attack on our homeland. What shall the consequences be? We have to sit and wait. Needless to say, this is not the time for talk about love and tolerance towards the enemy. They need to receive the full wrath of America, right now.

However there is an issue that will still be around for the upcoming presidential election that I felt necessary to share with you.

While in Atlanta over the weekend for the First Infantry Division annual reunion, I awoke on Saturday and Sunday mornings to take runs through my old neighborhood, the Old Fourth Ward. I went by my boyhood home at 651 Kennesaw Ave, my church Fort Street United Methodist, the Atlanta Civic Center where I graduated, and my Elementary School, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic.

The history of my school is remarkable.

snip

Yesterday, America suffered a horrendous Islamic terror attack…but our kids in the inner city face attacks every day with the loss of the two-parent family household, the decimation of small business entrepreneurship, and shrinking quality educational choices.

And that’s what kills over a longer period. It kills the ability to rise above dire circumstances and take part in the American dream to pursue one’s happiness. It destroys the soul and the desire to achieve greater heights. Denial of a quality education to our children has and will ultimately destroy more lives than these terror attacks, no matter how heinous. I saw it with the preponderance of young homeless black men in downtown Atlanta.