Author Topic: Why people like Donald.  (Read 23040 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why people like Donald.
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2016, 01:39:24 am »
:beer:

It's OBVIOUS you don't think like Trump, Bigun.  And I find the accusation that all men are as base and ugly as he is, highly offensive.

I know better.  There's not a man in my extended family, nor my close acquaintances who is so base and disgusting, and I raised two fine sons who are absolutely nauseated by the guy.

Talk about unfair!  How unfair is it to presume all men are creepy and dirty like Trump when it is CLEAR that you are not.

Thank you!  Best compliment I've had today.  :patriot:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2016, 01:41:11 am »
My husband doesn't think a THING like Trump.  I know that for a fact because I have been married to him for 40 years.

He views women as equals; spiritually, intellectually and in every way that counts.

That is not to say that we BOTH don't say "Vive la difference!"   We DO.  ^-^

But I see in your post, excusing inexcusable behavior because of his being a man (boys will be boys......REALLY??) and because of where he was born (no decent men were born in NYC......... ever??  C'mon!)

You're making excuses for Trump's disgusting behavior is sad.  Even most of the men on this forum don't believe that women should be treated with total disregard and disdain as Trump does.

NO more narcissists in the WH.  NO Trump!

So??  Some people "feel" that men didn't set foot on the moon too.  Do you believe everything some crackpots "feel?"

Read the New Testament yourself.  See how Jesus treated every woman he encountered.  There's nothing leftist about the TRUTH.

LEARN.

When have boys *not* been boys? Some guys just like that Trump gets his way with women. It's unfortunate but true. I'm not necessarily one of those but I see why he has appeal, which was part of my OP. People are not this rigidly ideological in real life.

So, you are a nice guy now?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:56:10 am by runnerrunner »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2016, 01:41:43 am »
I disagree. American has clearly changed from your childhood. This is a greedy country where we look out for number one now.

You are quite right about that and it was done purposefully.  Doubt it can ever be fixed!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2016, 01:43:26 am »
My husband doesn't think a THING like Trump.  I know that for a fact because I have been married to him for 40 years.

He views women as equals; spiritually, intellectually and in every way that counts.

That is not to say that we BOTH don't say "Vive la difference!"   We DO.  ^-^

But I see in your post, excusing inexcusable behavior because of his being a man (boys will be boys......REALLY??) and because of where he was born (no decent men were born in NYC......... ever??  C'mon!)

You're making excuses for Trump's disgusting behavior is sad.  Even most of the men on this forum don't believe that women should be treated with total disregard and disdain as Trump does.

NO more narcissists in the WH.  NO Trump!

When have boys *not* been boys? Some guys just like that Trump gets his way with women. It's unfortunate but true. I'm not necessarily one of those but I see why he has appeal, which was part of my OP. People are not this rigidly ideological in real life.

So, you are a nice guy now?

I've ALWAYS been a nice guy except when it comes to ungrateful young whelps and internet trolls!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2016, 01:43:38 am »

:patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2016, 01:44:56 am »
I've ALWAYS been a nice guy except when it comes to ungrateful young whelps and internet trolls!

Just for the record, runner formatted his post wrong and it looks like what I said is what he said.

And what I said, he would NEVER say.  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2016, 01:47:29 am »

Boys are not "boys" when they are obedient to Jesus Christ.  Excusing bad behavior because of gender is no better for men than it is for women.

Trump's behavior and attitude are inexcusable.

And so are yours if you agree with him............ or even see the "appeal" of his being a vulgar jerk who debases women.

btw, learn to format, please.  I know you've only been here a day or two, but PLEASE don't make my comments look like yours.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2016, 01:47:47 am »
I disagree. American has clearly changed from your childhood. This is a greedy country where we look out for number one now.

No. You and yours may have changed, which is a damnable shame... But not me and mine. And I have four grandsons to prove it in.
They know how to keep their word, and they know how they're expected to treat a lady. And it ain't one bit different from how I was raised.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2016, 01:54:04 am »
No. You and yours may have changed, which is a damnable shame... But not me and mine. And I have four grandsons to prove it in.
They know how to keep their word, and they know how they're expected to treat a lady. And it ain't one bit different from how I was raised.

The cultural divides in this country are becoming more and more pronounced by the hour!  I've noticed it just in where the ardent Trump supporters were raised and live.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2016, 01:57:25 am »
Just for the record, runner formatted his post wrong and it looks like what I said is what he said.

And what I said, he would NEVER say.  ^-^

WTF....I thought I was in the Twilight Zone.    :laugh:

@runnerrunner   You should delete that post and start over.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2016, 01:58:34 am »
I just have big fat fingers that don't always do what I tell them to and I'm in to big of a hurry to proof read what they type!

My best proofreading happens AFTER I hit enter.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2016, 01:59:13 am »

That's not cool. We just have different views.

Boys are not "boys" when they are obedient to Jesus Christ.  Excusing bad behavior because of gender is no better for men than it is for women.

Trump's behavior and attitude are inexcusable.

And so are yours if you agree with him............ or even see the "appeal" of his being a vulgar jerk who debases women.

btw, learn to format, please.  I know you've only been here a day or two, but PLEASE don't make my comments look like yours.
Some guys are tired of Feminism. What is your solution.

My apologies for the formatting errors.

So you don't think society has changed, from say...1956?

You are quite right about that and it was done purposefully.  Doubt it can ever be fixed!

Glad we agree. Capitalism is about the pursuit of money and people in general see Trump as successful, and like the fact he gets lots women.

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2016, 01:59:43 am »
WTF....I thought I was in the Twilight Zone.    :laugh:

@runnerrunner   You should delete that post and start over.

Changed it right up. Thanks man.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2016, 02:01:28 am »
Since the subject has been respect for women, it is germane to bring up the subject of the REAL war against women.......... abortion.

As of 9:55 EDT, there have been 57,762,169 abortions since Roe v. Wade in 1973.

That means there have been at least 28,881,684 baby girls killed by abortion........... actually far more, since 'femicide' is part of the abortion agenda and more girls are aborted than boys.

In addition, every single one of these babies' mothers are damaged by their "choice" to kill their own baby.  Some commit suicide.  Some suffer emotionally their entire lives.  Some have physical issues that cannot be fixed.

Abortion is the REAL war on women........................... AND DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTS IT.  DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTS PLANNED PARENTHOOD which is an abortion factory.  DONALD TRUMP has come out in favor of partial birth abortion.

Does Donald Trump respect women?

Not even close!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2016, 02:03:14 am »
I must jump in here.  I hold traditional and honorable values as darn near sacred.  While there is no perfect human being, I have raised twin sons who each have his parents values who have the values of those who have gone before us.  They are polite, honor and respect the aged, treat everyone with dignity and never injure the family name.

And THAT is the truth.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2016, 02:03:19 am »
My best proofreading happens AFTER I hit enter.

Without a doubt!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2016, 02:04:05 am »
Changed it right up. Thanks man.

:beer: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2016, 02:04:42 am »
@runnerrunner 

Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with treating women like dirt.  Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with cheating on multiple wives and looking at women as nothing more than sex objects.  Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with excusing Donald J. Trump's vulgar behavior toward women.

Find another excuse, son.  That one is stupid.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2016, 02:04:51 am »
I must jump in here.  I hold traditional and honorable values as darn near sacred.  While there is no perfect human being, I have raised twin sons who each have his parents values who have the values of those who have gone before us.  They are polite, honor and respect the aged, treat everyone with dignity and never injure the family name.

And THAT is the truth.

You are to be commended and you are from the Midwest not the Northeast or West Coast!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2016, 02:04:55 am »
@LadyLiberty  @roamer_1  @Sanguine

I've just been thinking about how very sad it is that Donald Trump's hideous behavior is poisoning the minds of young men like this poor devotee into thinking that treating women badly is OK and that defending women's honor is just "PC."

I've thought often of the damage that Trump is doing to Conservatism and America, but this thread has made me weep for the young men who perhaps were not raised well enough to understand that respect for women is not only Christian, and a traditional value, but also a Conservative principle to be upheld.

I don't think we ever fully knew the damage Bill Clinton did to the morality and the very lives of young people, and I doubt we'll ever know how much damage Donald Trump is doing to those who don't have fully developed values themselves.

It's not just the young men not learning the right way to treat women, the young women see it also and assume it's OK to be treated that way.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2016, 02:06:44 am »

Yes indeed....it was a wonderful thing to be a woman when men showed that respect....I loved it and still do.....But let me say it's not only men who are confused.....I go to lunch with a man and I'm not sure if I should offer to pay or not......and more than once I've had a door slam into my face or stood for a moment feeling like a fool while he slid into his car seat. I've learned to ask men to help where they once would have done so quite naturally...I miss the spontanity of men who seem to quite naturally know when to step in.

Expect it. Insist upon it. Please. With all the surety of a Southern Belle. The example is so desperately needed. It is almost to the point that women don't even know what they've lost...

And let me say that young kids today need to be taught such....I watched a couple lads about 12 or 14 when asked to help me lift a heavy load I couldn't manage myself.....they weren' real excited about this interrupting their walk but after I thanked them so , mentioning of course their strong shoulders etc. you should have seen their chests puff out! They were "PROUD! of themselves.

Excellent that you gave them the opportunity to increase their self-worth. The compliments and thanks from a lady go a long way toward those kids looking for more of the same. And that's what drives the whole thing.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Why I like Donald.
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2016, 02:08:59 am »
Immigration.

But does it matter? Nothing is good enough for some people.

I cannot believe we have gotten 7 pages in to discussion on this when OP couldn't even answer the first question correctly.  What has Trump ever done but talk talk talk about immigration?  Oh yeah, he imported foreign workers for his projects.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:13:27 am by RoosGirl »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2016, 02:09:10 am »
It's not just the young men not learning the right way to treat women, the young women see it also and assume it's OK to be treated that way.

You are absolutely correct.  Many young women now think it's OK to be degraded and used by young men.  Some even seek it out.

Without a spiritual revival, IMO, the damage done is irreparable.

Offline musiclady

Re: Why I like Donald.
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2016, 02:12:24 am »
I cannot believe we have gotten 7 pages in to discussion on this when OP couldn't even answer the first question correctly.  What has Trump ever done but talk talk talk about immigration?  Oh yeah, he imported foreign workers for him projects.

That's because there is no 'correct' answer to the first question.

Trump has done nothing about immigration, and has told Ryan he has no intention of doing anything.

I guess he's back to agreeing with the Dream Act........ 

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2016, 02:15:43 am »
@runnerrunner 

Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with treating women like dirt.  Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with cheating on multiple wives and looking at women as nothing more than sex objects.  Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with excusing Donald J. Trump's vulgar behavior toward women.

Find another excuse, son.  That one is stupid.

Ok, so what is your solution?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:16:30 am by runnerrunner »