Author Topic: Paul Manafort: Romney Is A Sore Loser and a ‘Coward’  (Read 7626 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Paul Manafort: Romney Is A Sore Loser and a ‘Coward’
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2016, 10:43:43 pm »
That's my point.  We can all read the polls differently, but acting as if additional votes don't matter is just dumb. 

Agreed.

Are you sure you've got the right guy?  I would never go that far because I haven't yet decided.  I know there are differences between the two of them, and I believe I've stated to you in particular that I think Trump is likely to be better over the course of the next 4 years than would Hillary.  My major concern is long term, and the effect of Trump's election on the House and Senate in 2018, and on the 2020 election.  The difference between he and Hillary will have to be fairly significant because I think whomever wins this time around is likely to have a very rough term in office.

Okay,  I was remembering what you said through the filter of my understanding of it at the time.   My earlier point was that the consequences of a term of Hillary in office cannot be undone.   Worrying about strategy four years from now is only a reasonable thing to do if you believe that you will have plausible options after four years of Hillary. 

I do not believe this.   Obama opened the door to government by intimidation,  and Hillary will simply go further in that direction.    There is already talk of banning "hate speech"  which we all now know is speech which Democrats don't like.   

But perhaps i'm wrong.   I'm actually surprised we got this far with Obama without a major confrontation,  of course his term isn't over yet. 

And she's a narcissist.

Yup,  as well as a series of other vile things.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2016, 10:57:36 pm »
I disagree there.  I don't think you need to be rude, crude, or brash to be a powerful or effective, "tell it like it is" leader.  I'd agree that of the two major party candidates, the only one who even attempts to "tell it like it is" is also rude, crude, and brash.  But that's unfortunate, not a necessity.

You make a point, but given the choices we had this cycle...I'll take rude, crude, brash. The other options ranged from milquetoast, to effete gentleman, to extreme-right fire and brimstone preacher. Only Christie showed real fire of the other 16. I was a Rubio guy for a long time but he tried too hard to become something he wasn't...and that soured me on him. So unless Ronald Reagan, Maggie Thatcher, or Winston Churchill show up in the next few months...our options are limited.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:00:42 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2016, 11:01:55 pm »
I will proudly wear the badge saying, "I defeated the worst threat to American values since McCarthy, Donald Drumpf."

This reminds me of that scene in "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone"  where Hermione says:

To which Ron Weasley replies:

Thinking Trump is a bigger threat than Hillary simply identifies a person as unserious.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

HonestJohn

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2016, 11:04:03 pm »

This reminds me of that scene in "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone"  where Hermione says:

To which Ron Weasley replies:

Thinking Trump is a bigger threat than Hillary simply identifies a person as unserious.

Thinking Trump is not a mortal danger to the very ideal of America marks a person as... unserious.

:patriot:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2016, 11:19:46 pm »
Thinking Trump is not a mortal danger to the very ideal of America marks a person as... unserious.

Talking about "Mortal danger to the very ideal of America"   without using the word "Hillary"  is like worrying about the mote in one eye while ignoring the beam in the other. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2016, 11:21:36 pm »

Such a drama queen.....   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2016, 12:19:30 am »
Such an ostrich... "nope, can't happen here!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2016, 12:34:05 am »
Such an ostrich... "nope, can't happen here!"

The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!
Run, Jimmy...run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2016, 12:39:17 am »
If it doesn't matter then there's no point to the conversation and you Trump supporters can go about your business and not care that there are those of us that won't vote for him or that we say mean things about him.

HonestJohn

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2016, 01:27:26 am »

How insulting...

... to @DiogenesLamp.

---

I can't believe you didn't catch the art.

(art is the act of holding a mirror up to nature)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:28:58 am by HonestJohn »