Author Topic: Paul Manafort: Romney Is A Sore Loser and a ‘Coward’  (Read 7601 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Paul Manafort: Romney Is A Sore Loser and a ‘Coward’
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 03:13:15 pm »
How does a #nevertrump know what a winner is, sore or otherwise?   :pondering:

Don't you recall? These staunch principled conservatives are backing someone named, Mr. #NeverTrump.

I wanted to check his history and resume but couldn't find anything about him on Wikipedia? Strange, huh?

Offline r9etb

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 03:17:14 pm »
To whom?   Romney didn't even have the guts to run -- coward.  And he chose not to run because he is a proven loser.   But he stands in a corner throwing a noisy temper tantrum disrespecting the very people who held their nose and voted for HIM four years ago.  This loser coward offers nothing and should be shunned.

If Trump can be made to look even worse, it's spittle-tossing like this that will do it.  Good lord, man, can you not remember your grandmother's warnings about bad manners?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 03:18:04 pm »
How does a #nevertrump know what a winner is, sore or otherwise?   :pondering:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 03:21:11 pm »
Don't you recall? These staunch principled conservatives are backing someone named, Mr. #NeverTrump.

I wanted to check his history and resume but couldn't find anything about him on Wikipedia? Strange, huh?

Oh, you want to talk about history?!  Finally.  Please tell me what conservative and/or republican causes that Trump has consistently championed over the last 5 years.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 03:22:22 pm »

Why is it that your posts make me even more sure I won't vote for Trump? 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 03:27:12 pm »
  Please tell me what conservative and/or republican causes that Trump has consistently championed over the last 5 years.
I don't think you'll ever get an answer to that question, which essentially means that we know what that answer really is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 03:32:56 pm »
All I have to do is see comments like that to know that not only is Trump a sore winner, his supporters are also.  Nice job proving me right again.

Please do dazzle us some more with your righteousness. I look forward to seeing those posts...because, after all, we all know how accurate #NeverTrump has been at predicting Mr. Trump would top out and fade from the race. I guess you could say, you're batting a thousand.

Oh, yes I do. I recall exactly how wrong #NeverTrump has been at predicting the fall of Donald Trump, every step of the way. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 03:36:44 pm »
Please do dazzle us some more with your righteousness. I look forward to seeing those posts...because, after all, we all know how accurate #NeverTrump has been at predicting Mr. Trump would top out and fade from the race. I guess you could say, you're batting a thousand.

Oh, yes I do. I recall exactly how wrong #NeverTrump has been at predicting the fall of Donald Trump, every step of the way. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

:beer:  Right on, my man!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 03:37:23 pm »

#NeverTrump is not about predicting anything except that we will not vote for Trump.  Period.

And, since Trump and you have said you don't need us to win, why the angst over #NeverTrump?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 03:37:34 pm »

*I* never predicted any such thing.  So you can move right along off that falsity.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 03:40:14 pm »
I don't think you'll ever get an answer to that question, which essentially means that we know what that answer really is.

Oh yes, I know what the answer is.  I *wanted* the answer to be different than what it is.  But, RegardlessTrump will never admit it.  They'll keep bringing up every silly little side issue and never admit what we already know the answer is because that would be admitting their principles are corrupt as well as Trump's.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »
*I* never predicted any such thing.  So you can move right along off that falsity.

Are you #nevertrump?

Then the 'shoe' fits, Cinderella!!    :laugh:

As your 'Pope', @sinkspur would say...."You own it!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 03:47:09 pm »
Are you #nevertrump?

Then the 'shoe' fits, Cinderella!!    :laugh:

As your 'Pope', @sinkspur would say...."You own it!"

I know you RegardlessTrump types have gone all in with your One and defend every last little stupid thing he says, and if that's the way y'all want to play it, then good on ya.  I am capable of generally supporting a person but disagreeing with certain issues, just as I am capable of generally not supporting a person but agreeing with certain issues. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »
I look forward to seeing those posts...because, after all, we all know how accurate #NeverTrump has been at predicting Mr. Trump would top out and fade from the race. I guess you could say, you're batting a thousand.

But if Trump does lose the general election, all of this will be forgotten, and the NeverTrump's who refused to vote for him will be blamed.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2016, 06:06:41 pm »
But if Trump does lose the general election, all of this will be forgotten, and the NeverTrumps who refused to vote for him will be blamed.

Absolutely! 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2016, 06:08:02 pm »
Absolutely!

...Even though their votes aren't needed and don't matter.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2016, 06:26:13 pm »
But if Trump does lose the general election, all of this will be forgotten, and the NeverTrump's who refused to vote for him will be blamed.

Why?  We're so few in number (at least, that's what we've been told over and over here).  Trumpkins would never take the blame, though, even they're the ones who saddled conservatives with a candidate they could not vote for.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2016, 07:34:16 pm »
Why?  We're so few in number (at least, that's what we've been told over and over here).  Trumpkins would never take the blame, though, even they're the ones who saddled conservatives with a candidate they could not vote for.

Hey, I agree with you.  But a whole lot of Trump supporters seem to be copying his braggadocious style, and play the "we don't need you and don't care how you vote card."  But you just know that tune is going to change if he doesn't win.

I don't want to paint with too broad of a brush, though.  I think @Mesaclone  , for example, attempts to make the best possible argument for Trump, even if it isn't going to be convincing to a lot of people.  But at least he cares about trying to rally as much support as possible, and admits Trump needs every vote he can get.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 07:47:14 pm »
Hey, I agree with you.  But a whole lot of Trump supporters seem to be copying his braggadocious style, and play the "we don't need you and don't care how you vote card."  But you just know that tune is going to change if he doesn't win.

I don't want to paint with too broad of a brush, though.  I think @Mesaclone  , for example, attempts to make the best possible argument for Trump, even if it isn't going to be convincing to a lot of people.  But at least he cares about trying to rally as much support as possible, and admits Trump needs every vote he can get.

I do not know if Trump can get by without all the votes from our side.   Articles that I have read indicates he is cutting deeply into demographic territory normally held by Democrats,   so if I were taking a guess,   I would say he doesn't need the votes of the "nevertrumpers"   but,   why would anyone be willing to risk the alternative?   

You have previously argued this is a false choice,   but I do not see it that way at all.    I see it as a clear cut choice between a narcissistic,  pompous egomaniac,   and an absolute and unwavering psychotic evil.   

Hillary abused power when she didn't even have it.  Watergate,   Filegate,  Travelgate,  screaming at the secret service agents,  operating her own server.     The woman has demonstrated repeatedly that she will not remain confined to the normal and expected boundaries of behavior that govern moral people. 

She is a psychopath. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 07:49:48 pm »

Its simple math. Nevertrumps are likely 3-4% of the electorate. If Hillary wins by around that margin, its pretty clear that your unwillingness to rally around the GOP nominee is why she won. Now, perhaps, that is something you want...in hopes it will teach those rotten pro-Trump people a lesson, but it will be your doing nonetheless. Your "I told you so" will come with a "I am responsible for Hillary winning" label...you can't have one without the other if your segment of the party is the percentage of voters that gives her the win.

This doesn't mean that ONLY Nevertrumps will carry the blame for defeat, but you will rightfully share in it as equal contributors.

If the party rallies to Mr. Trump, the GOP nominee wins...if that 3-5% of Nevertrumps fail to do so, the GOP loses. Be careful, many of you may end up getting what you want...and it will come with Hillary Clinton and her establishing a liberal Supreme Court for the next 30-40 years. As I said, its simple math.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:51:56 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 07:56:38 pm »

I do not know if Trump can get by without all the votes from our side.   Articles that I have read indicates he is cutting deeply into demographic territory normally held by Democrats,   so if I were taking a guess,   I would say he doesn't need the votes of the "nevertrumpers"   but,   why would anyone be willing to risk the alternative?

That's my point.  We can all read the polls differently, but acting as if additional votes don't matter is just dumb. 

You have previously argued this is a false choice,   but I do not see it that way at all.    I see it as a clear cut choice between a narcissistic,  pompous egomaniac,   and an absolute and unwavering psychotic evil.

Are you sure you've got the right guy?  I would never go that far because I haven't yet decided.  I know there are differences between the two of them, and I believe I've stated to you in particular that I think Trump is likely to be better over the course of the next 4 years than would Hillary.  My major concern is long term, and the effect of Trump's election on the House and Senate in 2018, and on the 2020 election.  The difference between he and Hillary will have to be fairly significant because I think whomever wins this time around is likely to have a very rough term in office.

Hillary abused power when she didn't even have it.  Watergate,   Filegate,  Travelgate,  screaming at the secret service agents,  operating her own server.     The woman has demonstrated repeatedly that she will not remain confined to the normal and expected boundaries of behavior that govern moral people.  She is a psychopath.

And she's a narcissist.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 08:23:52 pm »
Let me be clear if others have not. And I think I speak for MOST Trump supporters.

We need every vote, and its going to be Herculean task trying to win this election. Any GOP nominee has to face a headwind of hostile media, the bully pulpit of the presidency, and turbulence within our own squabbling party...and yes, had Cruz one the squabbling would be no less intense and divisive. The vote of every conservative and every Republican...and a healthy number of Independents and Dems...is the only way to win this thing. There is no doubt that the Nevertrump movement can go a long way to giving Hillary a win...because in our current state, 3-5% is the difference between a narrow win and a blowout either way. So, as many of us have been saying, be careful what you wish for...because you may just get it. This is not an election we can afford to hand to the Dems and Mrs. Clinton and despite the hysterical claims of some to the contrary...she is vastly further to the left than is Mr. Trump.

We don't need a "gentleman" in the White House...we need a Churchillian scrapper...a rude, crude, brash, determined, realpolitik, tell it like it is leader. That's what you need in the midst of a world war, and make no mistake, that is the fight we are in. And make no mistake about this, the ONLY alternative to Mr. Trump is Mrs. Clinton. One of these two will be our next president, and hoping for any other outcome...or worse, working for one...is a self defeating exercise in wishful futility.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:27:33 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 08:38:09 pm »
Another couple of difference between the two.
Trump likes people and wants to be liked back .
Hillary hates everyone but Huma, wants everything she can get her hands on.

Now here is the BIG difference...
If Hillary wins the Congress DEM's and repubs will bowing to her, licking her boots like little puppies.
She will be able to push thru the rest of Obama's agenda, as well as her own!
Trump on the other hand, will be watched thru a microscope, and reined in by both parties. He will appoint conservative  judges, or just like with Harriet Meyers,  We the people will step in!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

HonestJohn

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 08:43:03 pm »

I will proudly wear the badge saying, "I defeated the worst threat to American values since McCarthy, Donald Drumpf."

And I'll remind his lovers of that as much as possible.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2016, 09:29:52 pm »
We don't need a "gentleman" in the White House...we need a Churchillian scrapper...a rude, crude, brash, determined, realpolitik, tell it like it is leader.

I disagree there.  I don't think you need to be rude, crude, or brash to be a powerful or effective, "tell it like it is" leader.  I'd agree that of the two major party candidates, the only one who even attempts to "tell it like it is" is also rude, crude, and brash.  But that's unfortunate, not a necessity.