Author Topic: U.S. Senator Ted Cruz Addresses Florida Terrorist Attack  (Read 7327 times)

Offline OldSaltUSN

Re: U.S. Senator Ted Cruz Addresses Florida Terrorist Attack
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2016, 06:26:26 am »
Cruz is such a class act! When these horrific situations take place [and it's been said they will increase by way of frequence and intensity, since we have not made any great strides for repairing our nation's sins!], it's important for us as a body of people to defuse the sudden chaos [in our minds, hearts, and spirits] by way of hearing a calm, firm, caring response. Way to go, Ted!

America has to arm herself, and either openly or concealed-carry firearms.  We must individually be willing to lay it all on the line to defend ourselves and others in "these situations" (and of course, be willing to do 5-20 in the federal or state pen afterwards, for the courtesy of owning using a firearm without carrying a badge).

I can guarantee you all this: 

The next time I'm out there dancing at an all night gay bar, my HANDgun will be on my hip, and my GUN will be loaded, and ready to go!  From my cold, wet DEAD hand ....

Oh, and uh.. just in case there's confusion, some of that was ...
/sarcasm

PS:  In case someone wonders how I can make light of American's being slaughtered in a bar in Orlando, I'm pretty sure not one of them respected my God given, Constitutional rights.  Likely 100% were progressives who voted for the man in America most responsible for bring terrorism to America's shores, in a consistent, persistent, effort  (and that President's name is not "W").  I was "united with all American's" at 9/11.   Obama and his progressives ended that unity.  "They" died in Orlando, and regrets, but it wasn't my fault.  The LGBT community can go pound sand until they  stop attacking Christians, Christian organizations, Christian businesses, and the U.S. Military.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:27:38 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2016, 06:38:29 am »
Why is that? So many people wanted to have a beer with Bush in 2000.

I'll tell you why every military guy wanted to have a beer with the CINC #43:   Bush was a warrior, he was a former Texas Air National Guard pilot, and there was no doubt that he'd have been on the line with every man at the tip of the spear, if he could have.

Obama?  Don't make me laugh.   

Trump?  Ditto

Cruz?  We'll never know now, will we. 

Besides, after Trump loses 50 states and the Senate, Hillary will be the next steely willed, Margaret Thatcher, a REAL leader leading your boys, girls, and .... um ... other things into battle in places like Benghazi!!

Rest assured, under Hillary (oops, that's Huma's role) with Hillary as CINC, not one body bag will be left behind.

Excuse me, but I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth for saying that Hillary thingy .... gotta run and grab the chlorine bleach.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:39:40 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2016, 06:43:25 am »
Because he talks about things the we do at the barbecue or or the pool hall. Man of the people. Cruz is whatever you want him to be, even GWB doesn't like Cruz.

Trump is nothing like the people I hang out with at barbecue's.  Maybe you need to upgrade a bit?

"Cruz is whatever you want him to be"

Projecting Trump, much?   What on earth do you have, other than warm feelings,  to back up that utterly silly statement?

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2016, 06:47:53 am »
I am so very proud to have helped Sen. Cruz in his first campaign, and even got to speak to him.  There are only two pols in my entire lifetime who have truly inspired me....   Ted Cruz and Ronald Reagan.  Both honorable true conservative gentlemen.

:thumbsup3: :da man:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2016, 07:23:56 am »
I'll tell you why every military guy wanted to have a beer with the CINC #43:   Bush was a warrior, he was a former Texas Air National Guard pilot, and there was no doubt that he'd have been on the line with every man at the tip of the spear, if he could have.

And none of us ever had to worry which side he was on or if he had our back.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2016, 01:19:47 pm »
Why is that? So many people wanted to have a beer with Bush in 2000.

Were you born yet in 2000, @runnerrunner ?   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »
And none of us ever had to worry which side he was on or if he had our back.

GWB earned the respect of his troops, and has kept it to this day.  He has done more for the military in retirement than most, and he still has their loyalty.  I know there's a lot of Bush-bashing still going on (some well deserved), but he was a great CinC.

Our son would still like to have a beer with him.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2016, 01:41:32 pm »
GWB earned the respect of his troops, and has kept it to this day.  He has done more for the military in retirement than most, and he still has their loyalty.  I know there's a lot of Bush-bashing still going on (some well deserved), but he was a great CinC.

Our son would still like to have a beer with him.

Your post brings to mind all the numerous reports and pictures of GWB visiting our troops and as I recall he was always very warmly received. He even went to visit the troops in Iraq and had Thanksgiving dinner with them.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2003/11/28/bush-makes-surprise-visit-to-troops-in-baghdad.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCX_r8hTs8o

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvkrxEqsiw
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2016, 01:54:58 pm »
Your post brings to mind all the numerous reports and pictures of GWB visiting our troops and as I recall he was always very warmly received. He even went to visit the troops in Iraq and had Thanksgiving dinner with them.

Our son was at Camp Victory (his first deployment) when President Bush came to Baghdad.  He didn't get to see him, and was a little ticked off that communications were cut until he found out later that his CinC was within a few yards of him!  But later (in 2004 after our son was home) when my husband and I went to a campaign event and got President Bush to sign a photo of our son standing victoriously on one of Saddam's palaces, and we gave it to him, he cried.  GWB loved his troops, and for most, the feeling was mutual.

I'm also reminded that after Ft. Hood, the vile Obama practically ignored the terrorist attack, but President and Mrs. Bush secretly went to Ft. Hood to visit the wounded.   Obama didn't care one whit, and made them suffer for years because he refused to call it terror and his designating it "workplace violence" kept them from getting what they deserved.

I know a lot of Conservatives hate GWB, but I will always respect him.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2016, 02:02:43 pm »
Our son was at Camp Victory (his first deployment) when President Bush came to Baghdad.  He didn't get to see him, and was a little ticked off that communications were cut until he found out later that his CinC was within a few yards of him!  But later (in 2004 after our son was home) when my husband and I went to a campaign event and got President Bush to sign a photo of our son standing victoriously on one of Saddam's palaces, and we gave it to him, he cried.  GWB loved his troops, and for most, the feeling was mutual.

I'm also reminded that after Ft. Hood, the vile Obama practically ignored the terrorist attack, but President and Mrs. Bush secretly went to Ft. Hood to visit the wounded.   Obama didn't care one whit, and made them suffer for years because he refused to call it terror and his designating it "workplace violence" kept them from getting what they deserved.

He had his flaws, but I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that he didn't care deeply about our military men and women -- not only as a whole, but also as individuals. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2016, 02:03:08 pm »

Obama?  Don't make me laugh.   

Trump?  Ditto

Cruz?  We'll never know now, will we. 

Besides, after Trump loses 50 states and the Senate, Hillary will be the next steely willed, Margaret Thatcher, a REAL leader leading your boys, girls, and .... um ... other things into battle in places like Benghazi!!

Rest assured, under Hillary (oops, that's Huma's role) with Hillary as CINC, not one body bag will be left behind.

Excuse me, but I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth for saying that Hillary thingy .... gotta run and grab the chlorine bleach.

GW was the first and last person to hold the office of President of the United States that I personally know.  I met him in 1994 when he was first running for Governor of Texas and I was running (unsuccessfully) for a lesser office down ballot.  Appeared on the same stage with him on many occasions and got to know him fairly well. He did later disappoint me on a number of things while he was president but I'll assure you that he  never had anything but the best interests of this country at heart!  I still think the world of him to this day.  Karl Rove and Karen Hughes not so much!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2016, 02:07:43 pm »
He had his flaws, but I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that he didn't care deeply about our military men and women -- not only as a whole, but also as individuals.

And that's why so many of us military families will always respect him.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2016, 02:10:42 pm »
I know I'm getting a little off topic here, but does anyone know if Obama has visited the troops since he's been president? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2016, 02:15:05 pm »
I know I'm getting a little off topic here, but does anyone know if Obama has visited the troops since he's been president?

Once, I think.  I remember seeing a group of glowering faces of the troops listening to him, forced to be there, but hating every minute and every lie he told.

This is clearly not the original, but you get the idea....

I guess he did go to Afghanistan once.  A forgettable event, since he got so many of our troops killed by tying their hands behind their backs with his harmful ROE's.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2016, 04:29:56 am »

I've got quite a few arguments to pick with "W".  His role, behavior, and execution as CINC, is not one of them.  If America was ever blessed by God in a situation of crisis, "W" serving as CINC at 9/11 was certainly one of them.  To imagine the response and failure of execution that might have been, if Al Gore had one the election, just look at Obama and Kerry today.  They are still riding the credibility coattails of G.W. Bush, and 2001 to 2008.  Leaders of other nations don't run riot over the USA, because they still know what this nation is capable with the right leadership, because of "W".  They know we're weak because of Obama and the Democrats.   They'll only push so far .... so far. 

That could change pretty quickly, particularly, because as it stands now, America is guaranteed another lousy, nutty CINC next year.   It really is a safe time to hit the USA, or US interests, if you're another country on a nationalistic bent.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2016, 04:31:55 am »
GW was the first and last person to hold the office of President of the United States that I personally know.  I met him in 1994 when he was first running for Governor of Texas and I was running (unsuccessfully) for a lesser office down ballot.  Appeared on the same stage with him on many occasions and got to know him fairly well. He did later disappoint me on a number of things while he was president but I'll assure you that he  never had anything but the best interests of this country at heart!  I still think the world of him to this day.  Karl Rove and Karen Hughes not so much!

Definitely.  "W" was poorly served by so many in his administration, and I'll leave it at that.  However, he was the accountable President, and his appointees were his responsibility.  He was greatly diminished by some of those he loyally backed.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2016, 12:52:23 pm »
Definitely.  "W" was poorly served by so many in his administration, and I'll leave it at that.  However, he was the accountable President, and his appointees were his responsibility.  He was greatly diminished by some of those he loyally backed.

I can tell you for a certainty that had W followed his own instincts instead of listening to his "advisors"  the tax/social security reform effort would have ended very differently!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2016, 01:16:27 pm »
I've got quite a few arguments to pick with "W".  His role, behavior, and execution as CINC, is not one of them.  If America was ever blessed by God in a situation of crisis, "W" serving as CINC at 9/11 was certainly one of them.  To imagine the response and failure of execution that might have been, if Al Gore had one the election, just look at Obama and Kerry today.  They are still riding the credibility coattails of G.W. Bush, and 2001 to 2008.  Leaders of other nations don't run riot over the USA, because they still know what this nation is capable with the right leadership, because of "W".  They know we're weak because of Obama and the Democrats.   They'll only push so far .... so far. 

That could change pretty quickly, particularly, because as it stands now, America is guaranteed another lousy, nutty CINC next year.   It really is a safe time to hit the USA, or US interests, if you're another country on a nationalistic bent.

I agree with every word you've said here.

World leaders still respect the power of the US in spite of Obama's being the weakest of weak horses, because of the strength of W's leadership during those critical years.  I was mocked a lot for saying so, but I still believe that God appointed President Bush "for such a time as this."  And his legacy continues.

The problem is, as you've said, that no matter who wins in November, America will be a laughing stock for another four years, and I'm not sure we can survive that.

@OldSaltUSN