Author Topic: U.S. Senator Ted Cruz Addresses Florida Terrorist Attack  (Read 7329 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: U.S. Senator Ted Cruz Addresses Florida Terrorist Attack
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2016, 02:22:18 am »
I am a trump guy I guess, but aren't you guys tired of these proper statements? Trump channels how your average guy wants to say it.

If I wanted an average guy to be president, why would I choose Trump?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2016, 02:26:35 am »
If I wanted an average guy to be president, why would I choose Trump?
Because he talks about things the we do at the barbecue or or the pool hall. Man of the people. Cruz is whatever you want him to be, even GWB doesn't like Cruz.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2016, 02:33:01 am »
Because he talks about things the we do at the barbecue or or the pool hall. Man of the people. Cruz is whatever you want him to be, even GWB doesn't like Cruz.

I don't like Cruz either. 

Trump talks like somebody who's job is working at a pool hall.

I'd like my president to be someone who speaks above fourth grade level.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bilo

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2016, 02:34:17 am »
You're one of the rare few, thank you.

No he's not. There are a lot of posters who will not vote for Trump who do recognize he is right about stopping immigration from muslim countries. Being correct on this issue won't change who Trump is.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2016, 02:41:00 am »
I am a trump guy I guess, but aren't you guys tired of these proper statements? Trump channels how your average guy wants to say it.

I want more from a leader. Anybody can be average, only a few can be exceptional.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2016, 02:44:27 am »
even GWB doesn't like Cruz.

That's a plus for Cruz !

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 02:50:07 am »

Good grief.  The old GWB doesn't like Cruz talking point.  Truth be known, as Solicitor General, Cruz stood up to GWB in the case of Medellin v. Texas. Long story short, Cruz challenged GWB who as president  was trying to give our sovereignty away to the UN. Cruz won, GWB lost and so, yes, I would say GWB doesn't like Cruz. I think you should also be aware that GWB has stated that he refuses to vote for Trump!!

Cruz is whatever you want him to be?  Really?  Take a look at his Senate voting record.  What he says is what he means.  What he means is what he says and how he votes.  Take a look at his record as Solicitor General of TX; he has stood up for the people and country.  He is a Constitutional Conservative with enormous integrity, impeccable character and highly intelligent.  Trump on the other hand is nothing more than a liberal fraud.  Trump talks about things that we do at the barbecue because he can't discuss any issue in depth because he lacks the knowledge!  The talk of Trump isn't allowed at my backyard barbecues any more as we have agreed that we don't believe him, nor do we trust him and he certainly isn't going to make America great.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:51:35 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2016, 02:56:00 am »
I invited the following person over:

It’s utterly disgusting to read this board and so often see hateful posts toward a great conservative like Ted Cruz.

After 20 years, goodbye Freepers! I’m sick of it.

I remember when this place was filled with intelligent people who loved doing real Due Diligence. I regret having supported this site financially for so many years.

I would say good luck, but I don’t want to be a hypocrite.

I hope that one day someone starts a board claiming to be conservative, that doesn’t crap on conservative candidates who have actually been in the trenches fighting the fight.

120 posted on 6/12/2016, 6:43:57 PM by planesman (Goodbye Free Republic)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies | Report Abuse]

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-gop/3439434/posts?page=120#120
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline thatcher

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2016, 03:05:11 am »

Good on ya, mlizzy.

Wingnut

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2016, 03:06:59 am »
Donald Trump.  Average Joe

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2016, 03:16:06 am »
The words of a statesman not just a politician.

Wait... What did The (D)onald *tweet* about the attack???
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2016, 03:28:54 am »
I don't like Cruz either. 

Trump talks like somebody who's job is working at a pool hall.

I'd like my president to be someone who speaks above fourth grade level.

I want more from a leader. Anybody can be average, only a few can be exceptional.

Then on paper Obama should have been that guy you liked.

Good grief.  The old GWB doesn't like Cruz talking point.  Truth be known, as Solicitor General, Cruz stood up to GWB in the case of Medellin v. Texas. Long story short, Cruz challenged GWB who as president  was trying to give our sovereignty away to the UN. Cruz won, GWB lost and so, yes, I would say GWB doesn't like Cruz. I think you should also be aware that GWB has stated that he refuses to vote for Trump!!

Cruz is whatever you want him to be?  Really?  Take a look at his Senate voting record.  What he says is what he means.  What he means is what he says and how he votes.  Take a look at his record as Solicitor General of TX; he has stood up for the people and country.  He is a Constitutional Conservative with enormous integrity, impeccable character and highly intelligent.  Trump on the other hand is nothing more than a liberal fraud.  Trump talks about things that we do at the barbecue because he can't discuss any issue in depth because he lacks the knowledge!  The talk of Trump isn't allowed at my backyard barbecues any more as we have agreed that we don't believe him, nor do we trust him and he certainly isn't going to make America great.
Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum.
Trump is a guy who made himself from a millionaire to a billionaire, has his name across the world, achieved every success in life.  He doesn't have to run for POTUS. Cruz, who liked trump has pissed off many people, but somehow never got anything from it, is a professional government careerist except for a couple years. How do you disrespected your leader and expect to run the whole damn show? Liberal or Conservative, government is by consensus, and you have to work with people to get things done, something even Trump gets. Boehner was accurate in his feelings for him and I bet the senate leadership feels the same, I know Cornyn does. Trump is a fraud, racist, misogynist...but so is a large part of america. Men who don't like change, or educated know it alls, who are perceived as trying to steal stuff (the delagtes)and that's what cruz came off as. I realize what cruz did with the delagates was fair but your average guy in  Iowa or Nebraska doesn't know that.

Oh and thank you for the welcome libertybele, glad to discuss with you tonight

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2016, 03:35:55 am »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2016, 03:49:29 am »

You got me on that one.  What's that mean with reference to the article?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2016, 05:51:07 am »
The words of a statesman not just a politician.

Amen to that.  Ted Cruz put it perfectly,as usual.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2016, 11:32:17 am »

Y'all need to stop talking just to each other.... here's what you  missed in doing so:

Donald J. Trump Statement Regarding Tragic Terrorist Attack in Orlando, Florida
donaldjtrump.com, June 12, 2016, Donald J. Trump

Doesn't look like we missed much of anything in all honesty.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2016, 12:21:10 pm »
Then on paper Obama should have been that guy you liked.
 Trump is a guy who made himself from a millionaire to a billionaire, has his name across the world, achieved every success in life.  He doesn't have to run for POTUS. Cruz, who liked trump has pissed off many people, but somehow never got anything from it, is a professional government careerist except for a couple years. How do you disrespected your leader and expect to run the whole damn show? Liberal or Conservative, government is by consensus, and you have to work with people to get things done, something even Trump gets. Boehner was accurate in his feelings for him and I bet the senate leadership feels the same, I know Cornyn does. Trump is a fraud, racist, misogynist...but so is a large part of america. Men who don't like change, or educated know it alls, who are perceived as trying to steal stuff (the delagtes)and that's what cruz came off as. I realize what cruz did with the delagates was fair but your average guy in  Iowa or Nebraska doesn't know that.

Oh and thank you for the welcome libertybele, glad to discuss with you tonight

Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and took Daddy's money, made some very foolish business deals and got himself out of it by making numerous deals with banks and then renegging on his promises, suing people, and taking advantage of eminent domain and the misfortunes of others.  If you want to call that success, so be it.  I see it as lack of integrity, moral character and preying upon those less fortunate.  He has preyed upon an angry electorate with promises on issues he knows absolutely nothing about nor does he even know the function of the three branches of government and certainly didn't and doesn't fully understand the electoral process and then lies to his supporters about it to cover up his own shortcomings.  Let's continue to 'feed' the hatred, fraud, and racism that the left promotes and keep things status quo.  Cruz in actuality was trying to change that.  Trump is preying upon those emotions and is in this to ensure his pal Hillary a victory.

I get that you don't like Cruz; obviously you don't have a clue as to his record, his background, his education or how he got to where he's at from absolutely nothing.  Nothing was handed to him; he earned where he's at. He put himself through school and the rest is history. By the way, when he came back to the Senate from his presidential campaign bid he was met with a round of applause.  He now has earned respect, his opinion is now reported by the media; people now are listening and kicking themselves for not seeing him for the true conservative that he is and realizing we are now left with a bombastic narcissistic psychopath who is a liar and a fraud and has destroyed any chance of the GOP retaining the Senate and capturing the oval office. As for Cruz disrespecting his leaders; he had every right to tell the American public the TRUTH as to what is really going on in Washington.  In fact he really has an obligation to the people to do the job that he was elected to do and represent them and not the faces of corruption in Washington.  In other words, he is doing the job that we HIRED him to do.  Our elected officials are supposed to work FOR us.  We hired them.  We can fire them.  Yes, the average Joe somehow has forgotten that.

I for one don't like the change that the left, progressives, and McConnell, Boehner and cronies have inflicted upon this country.  This country is on a path of destruction and if you see that as good change, then you and I drastically differ. Our Republic will not survive another four years under Clinton or Trump.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2016, 06:43:58 pm »
I am so very proud to have helped Sen. Cruz in his first campaign, and even got to speak to him.  There are only two pols in my entire lifetime who have truly inspired me....   Ted Cruz and Ronald Reagan.  Both honorable true conservative gentlemen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »
I am so very proud to have helped Sen. Cruz in his first campaign, and even got to speak to him.  There are only two pols in my entire lifetime who have truly inspired me....   Ted Cruz and Ronald Reagan.  Both honorable true conservative gentlemen.

I have to good fortune to have been acquainted with Ted for quite some time now.  Before he became Solicitor General of Texas in fact and can tell you without  any reservation at all that he is the genuine article.  A true believer in the Republican form of government and the rule of law.  I suspect  that  we have far more to hear from him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2016, 07:41:26 pm »
I have to good fortune to have been acquainted with Ted for quite some time now.  Before he became Solicitor General of Texas in fact and can tell you without  any reservation at all that he is the genuine article.  A true believer in the Republican form of government and the rule of law.  I suspect  that  we have far more to hear from him.

I hope you are correct; we are going to need him more now than ever.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2016, 07:44:14 pm »
We ain't that lucky!

It's interesting to see the trumpers here on another forum where they can be confronted and refuted.

At least they're not nasty here ... just deluded.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2016, 10:43:12 pm »

I invited 2ndDivisionVet and nathanbedford over, too.  I think both of them actually have accounts on TBR, but aren't actively posting at the moment.  I did pass along some navigation tips.  If I recall correctly, 2ndDivisionVet is "ICorpsVeteran" here.  I don't know nathanbedford's handle, but I think he's not too happy with the forum software here.  I'll see if I can't entice both of them into actively participating.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2016, 11:08:58 pm »
I invited 2ndDivisionVet and nathanbedford over, too.  I think both of them actually have accounts on TBR, but aren't actively posting at the moment.  I did pass along some navigation tips.  If I recall correctly, 2ndDivisionVet is "ICorpsVeteran" here.  I don't know nathanbedford's handle, but I think he's not too happy with the forum software here.  I'll see if I can't entice both of them into actively participating.

Excellent! And @nathanbedford (I'm not too familiar with his postings) is under the same name on this site. I still go over to Free Republic from time to time to check what 2ndDivisionVet has posted, etc. He's a good guy, eh?  ^-^

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:10:42 pm by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2016, 11:12:43 pm »
Excellent! And @nathanbedford (I'm not too familiar with his postings) is under the same name on this site. I still go over to Free Republic from time to time to check what 2ndDivisionVet has posted, etc. He's a good guy, eh?  ^-^

Yup.  Dick (nathanbedford's real first name) is a thoughtful and intelligent guy, and always worth paying attention to.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2016, 06:11:25 am »

Whatever the date, whatever the issue, whatever the cause, whatever the quote and by whomever, just remember one, very, very important thing.   

Really, 2016 is all about one, singular issue, which in contrast, nothing else matters.  What matters is:

Trump!!  He's UUuggggg!
/s

Therefore, every thread must be about Trump, and if it isn't, some Trumpkin will come along to chide us for forgetting THE DONALD. 

• Lost your sweetheart?  Answer is Trump!
  • Lost your job?  TRUMP!!
  • 50 killed in a mass, Islamic execution on American soil?  TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP!!
  • Got Zits?  TRUMP 'em away!
  • Impotence?  Well, just look at Melania and TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP!!

The formula is simple, and you'd better not forget it!!   :nono:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:12:07 am by OldSaltUSN »