Author Topic: U.S. Senator Ted Cruz Addresses Florida Terrorist Attack  (Read 7330 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: U.S. Senator Ted Cruz Addresses Florida Terrorist Attack
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 12:17:35 am »
We ain't that lucky!

Very mean @Bigun.  Very mean.   **nononono*

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 12:21:00 am »

Mean??  Ya they should just put you ignore.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 12:24:28 am »
Why be nice in this time? It's about channeling rage.

Yes.  We want a president who fosters and channels rage instead of calm.

Trump supporter, I gather.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 12:24:36 am »
We ain't that lucky!

What can you do?  She means well...I think.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 12:30:47 am »
"I said this was going to happen" The Donald

If only Trump had left this out of his statement-but he can't help himself. **nononono*

Ultimately Donny Boy's statement was all about him. He is no less the malignant narcissist that Obie is.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:38:05 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 12:34:23 am »
"Last night, our nation was attacked by a radical Islamic terrorist. It was the worst terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11, and the second of its kind in 6 months. My deepest sympathy and support goes out to the victims, the wounded, and their families.

In his remarks today, President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words 'Radical Islam'. For that reason alone, he should step down. If Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words 'Radical Islam' she should get out of this race for the Presidency.

If we do not get tough and smart real fast, we are not going to have a country anymore. Because our leaders are weak, I said this was going to happen – and it is only going to get worse. I am trying to save lives and prevent the next terrorist attack. We can't afford to be politically correct anymore.

The terrorist, Omar Mir Saddique Mateen, is the son of an immigrant from Afghanistan who openly published his support for the Afghanistani Taliban and even tried to run for President of Afghanistan. According to Pew, 99% of people in Afghanistan support oppressive Sharia Law.

We admit more than 100,000 lifetime migrants from the Middle East each year. Since 9/11, hundreds of migrants and their children have been implicated in terrorism in the United States.

Hillary Clinton wants to dramatically increase admissions from the Middle East, bringing in many hundreds of thousands during a first term – and we will have no way to screen them, pay for them, or prevent the second generation from radicalizing.

We need to protect all Americans, of all backgrounds and all beliefs, from Radical Islamic Terrorism - which has no place in an open and tolerant society. Radical Islam advocates hate for women, gays, Jews, Christians and all Americans. I am going to be a President for all Americans, and I am going to protect and defend all Americans. We are going to make America safe again and great again for everyone."

Word count:
President Obama - 1
Hillary Clinton - 2
I - 4

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 12:37:21 am »

As your fellow Trump supporter, @runnerrunner , said Why be nice?
@Bigun

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 12:46:58 am »
"Last night, our nation was attacked by a radical Islamic terrorist. It was the worst terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11, and the second of its kind in 6 months. My deepest sympathy and support goes out to the victims, the wounded, and their families.

In his remarks today, President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words 'Radical Islam'. For that reason alone, he should step down. If Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words 'Radical Islam' she should get out of this race for the Presidency.

If we do not get tough and smart real fast, we are not going to have a country anymore. Because our leaders are weak, I said this was going to happen – and it is only going to get worse. I am trying to save lives and prevent the next terrorist attack. We can't afford to be politically correct anymore.

The terrorist, Omar Mir Saddique Mateen, is the son of an immigrant from Afghanistan who openly published his support for the Afghanistani Taliban and even tried to run for President of Afghanistan. According to Pew, 99% of people in Afghanistan support oppressive Sharia Law.

We admit more than 100,000 lifetime migrants from the Middle East each year. Since 9/11, hundreds of migrants and their children have been implicated in terrorism in the United States.

Hillary Clinton wants to dramatically increase admissions from the Middle East, bringing in many hundreds of thousands during a first term – and we will have no way to screen them, pay for them, or prevent the second generation from radicalizing.

We need to protect all Americans, of all backgrounds and all beliefs, from Radical Islamic Terrorism - which has no place in an open and tolerant society. Radical Islam advocates hate for women, gays, Jews, Christians and all Americans. I am going to be a President for all Americans, and I am going to protect and defend all Americans. We are going to make America safe again and great again for everyone."

Word count:
President Obama - 1
Hillary Clinton - 2
I - 4

Yes, there is a stark contrast between the statement Trump made and the statement Cruz made.  Ironically he used Cruz's talking points.  Unfortunately for Trump he didn't even come close to sounding like a leader; he sounded narcissistic and combative. In general I agree with what Trump said; it's the whole notion that I don't trust or believe a word he says that I just can't get past.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 12:50:19 am »
Mean??  Ya they should just put you ignore.

I haven't seen anything she's posted for a long time now unless someone else quotes her.  If I could just stop that somehow I would be home free.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 01:03:16 am »
In case anyone was wondering how Cruz's fine statement played on TOS.

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Here was his chance to come out from under his senate desk and forcibly ENDORSE TRUMP. He still refuses. What a sniveling COWARD.

12 posted on June 12, 2016 at 2:55:06 PM PDT by Sidebar Moderator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Unbelievable.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 01:16:43 am »
I haven't seen anything she's posted for a long time now unless someone else quotes her.  If I could just stop that somehow I would be home free.

Ditto.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 01:18:20 am »
Cruz is such a class act! When these horrific situations take place [and it's been said they will increase by way of frequence and intensity, since we have not made any great strides for repairing our nation's sins!], it's important for us as a body of people to defuse the sudden chaos [in our minds, hearts, and spirits] by way of hearing a calm, firm, caring response. Way to go, Ted!

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 01:18:24 am »

Here was his chance to come out from under his senate desk and forcibly ENDORSE TRUMP. He still refuses. What a sniveling COWARD.

Unbelievable.

The Trump venom is VERY strong!  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 01:21:28 am »
Yes.  We want a president who fosters and channels rage instead of calm.

Trump supporter, I gather.

As your fellow Trump supporter, @runnerrunner , said Why be nice?
@Bigun

I am a trump guy I guess, but aren't you guys tired of these proper statements? Trump channels how your average guy wants to say it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 01:30:23 am »
I am a trump guy I guess, but aren't you guys tired of these proper statements? Trump channels how your average guy wants to say it.

No, I'm not tired of the proper statements.  The office does require at least a minimum of decorum.  I'm tired of the liberal [bold]actions[/bold] that the current administration and to a large extent the republican party keep telling us are the only actions available.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:31:03 am by RoosGirl »

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 01:33:16 am »

Unbelievable.
O-h-h what an ugly thread! Maybe they fear the Good [cap "G" as in Christian Good] in Ted! Here's the link should anyone wish to read the commentaries:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-gop/3439434/posts
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 01:35:04 am »

Unbelievable.
The MODERATOR actually said that? Talk about abuse of a mod account. Blech.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thatcher

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 01:37:14 am »
Trump channels how your average guy wants to say it.

Average guys rule -- but you're supporting an elitist liberal con man, a narcissistic thug and someone who is unfit to be CIC.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 01:49:10 am »
Comparing Cruz to Trump, Obama or Clinton is like comparing Churchill to Benny Hill.

You just had to go there, didn't you.  NO picking on Benny Hill.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 01:53:54 am »
This IS how a great President responds. I will forever wonder what it might have been like.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2016, 01:58:28 am »
This IS how a great President responds. I will forever wonder what it might have been like.

Cruz's "Imagine" speech will forever be etched in my mind.

Wingnut

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2016, 02:15:39 am »

I'm an average guy. I don't want my President to act or talk like me. 

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2016, 02:18:31 am »
No, I'm not tired of the proper statements.  The office does require at least a minimum of decorum.  I'm tired of the liberal [bold]actions[/bold] that the current administration and to a large extent the republican party keep telling us are the only actions available.
Average guys rule -- but you're supporting an elitist liberal con man, a narcissistic thug and someone who is unfit to be CIC.

Why is that? So many people wanted to have a beer with Bush in 2000.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2016, 02:20:20 am »

I wish that Trump would talk like an average guy instead of talking like a thug with a 5th grade bully mentality.

Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:02 am »
Why is that? So many people wanted to have a beer with Bush in 2000.

Don't know but I would love to dump a beer on Trumps head.