Author Topic: Celebrities Call for Gun Control, Rip Donald Trump After Orlando Nightclub Terror  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Celebrities Call for Gun Control, Rip Donald Trump After Orlando Nightclub Terror

Celebrities took to social media on Sunday to call for gun control in the wake of the deadly terror attack at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, during which 50 people were killed and another 53 injured by gunman Omar Mateen.

In addition to calling for stricter gun laws, a number of celebrities — including Star Trek star George Takei and director Judd Apatow — also angrily blasted presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, in replies to one of his tweets about the shooting.

https://twitter.com/cher/status/742031819982274560?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/oliviawilde/status/742004897122521088?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/chrisrock/status/742064370046382080?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/adamlambert?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Takei, Apatow and acress Olivia Wilde confronted Trump in replies to one of his tweets:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/742039524314845184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/JuddApatow/status/742054891921780736?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

[more]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/06/12/celebrities-call-gun-control-angrily-confront-donald-trump-wake-orlando-nightclub-massacre/
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well my comments are in no way a support of Donald Trump.  They are however in support of our Second Amendment.  Ever time there is a shooting there comes the cries from Liberals to confiscate our freedom to protect ourselves.  Fact is as the Bible is true and tells us that our world is becoming more and more evil.  They are like the birth pangs of an expectant mother moving closer and closer together.  Assuring that all freedom loving Americans should cling to their Bible's and their right to defend themselves against all threats.

If we look at history we will most certainly get a clearer vision of what liberals aim to accomplish.  The disarming of those who can defend and protect in all circumstances.  Had one person been carrying who was trained to defend a lot of people could be alive today who are not.

No Open Carry in Florida but plenty of gun violence.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 08:38:17 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mechanicos

Well my comments are in no way a support of Donald Trump.  They are however in support of our Second Amendment.  Ever time there is a shooting there comes the cries from Liberals to confiscate our freedom to protect ourselves.  Fact is as the Bible is true and tells us that our world is becoming more and more evil.  They are like the birth pangs of an expectant mother moving closer and closer together.  Assuring that all freedom loving Americans should cling to their Bible's and their right to defend themselves against all threats.

If we look at history we will most certainly get a clearer vision of what liberals aim to accomplish.  The disarming of those who can defend and protect in all circumstances.  Had one person been carrying who was trained to defend a lot of people could be alive today who are not.
goopo :thumbsup:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

debrawiest

Had one person been carrying who was trained to defend a lot of people could be alive today who are not.

Exactly!

Offline goatprairie

Liberals are quite unable to face reality and place the blame squarely where it belongs....radical Islam. (Or just Islam. Many experts, like Andy McCarthy say there's no difference. I tend to agree.)
At some point America is going to have to face the facts and maybe do something drastic. The constitution is not a suicide pact. If giving Muslims the same rights as other Americans results in slaughters every few months, their, Muslims,  rights might have to be curtailed.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Unfortunately Trump doesn't exactly have a pro 2nd amendment record.  Here in Florida we have a Republican governor who very narrowly was re-elected by 1%.  I'm not thoroughly impressed with Scott, but he has been very steadfast in his support of the 2nd amendment.  That is the only reason why I continue to support him.  With Rubio vacating his seat, its not looking good for the GOP.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

geronl

disarming the victims is never the answer

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
disarming the victims is never the answer

Exactly ! 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And a cop working as security according to some stories returned fire; it will be interesting to see if some folks got caught in the crossfire; however this Mateen fellow was armed to the teeth.  His experience in security himself, probably helped him figure out a way, he crashed the bar (meaning like crashing a party) and probably just made his way past the front desk, bouncer, whatever set up it was. Maybe they were the first casualties.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
When 2 protected "species" collide, liberals can only lash out against the tools...there is no reconciliation in the pea sized brain of a liberal in this situation.

They'll deny that a muslim, vis-a-vis, islamic ideology via sharia law is responsible for the mass murder of those folks...it's the fault of the evil "assault" weapon.

Actors who pretend for a living, those who were the court jesters of their day and whose opinion meant nothing, still means nothing.

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
goatprairie wrote above:
"At some point America is going to have to face the facts and maybe do something drastic. The constitution is not a suicide pact. If giving Muslims the same rights as other Americans results in slaughters every few months, their, Muslims,  rights might have to be curtailed."

In before the usual suspects jump in and call you "a nazi".

You might check out this post I put up elsewhere today:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,211420.msg924885.html#msg924885

Offline Norm Lenhart

When 2 protected "species" collide,

Long predicted. The left cannot keep the juggling act up forever.

The gays better start arming themselves if they want to survive the muslim horde their OWN votes enabled.

geronl

These celebrities are insane.

This was a gun control "success story", this man was vetted and given permission by the government to carry a gun on the job! The same government that knew he was an ISIS supporter.

Offline Norm Lenhart

This was a gun control "success story", this man was vetted and given permission by the government to carry a gun on the job! The same government that knew he was an ISIS supporter.

They belong in cages because they are a clear danger to society.

HonestJohn

Waaaa?!?!

Are you really saying that the Federal government should strip American citizens of their Constitutional right to bear arms?!?!  Even convicts with a record can buy arms... and up to yesterday, this guy hadn't done anything.

I can't believe you support gun control!

:tongue2:

Offline ScottinVA

I call for celebrity control.  And the best tools for that are 1) Calling out their BS loudly and forcefully; and then 2) Ignoring them. 

Celebrities, in their gated, secured homes in their gated, secured communities, have a thoroughly warped idea of reality.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:02:30 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline goatprairie

goatprairie wrote above:
"At some point America is going to have to face the facts and maybe do something drastic. The constitution is not a suicide pact. If giving Muslims the same rights as other Americans results in slaughters every few months, their, Muslims,  rights might have to be curtailed."

In before the usual suspects jump in and call you "a nazi".

You might check out this post I put up elsewhere today:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,211420.msg924885.html#msg924885
Do I favor just grabbing Muslims and either severely restricting their rights or just throwing them out of the country? I'm not saying that as yet. But what if the country takes all the measures the more level-headed people are saying we have to do? We take all the necessary precautions and do what is constitutionally legal as far as it can go without impinging on the rights of Muslims who are American citizens.
But what if the butchery from these citizens  continues? Are we to just sit back and say "well we can't do anything extraordinary because they're American citizens"?
Sorry, that won't wash.  I'm sure the great majority of native American Muslims are not psychopathic killers. That's beside the point. If there is an ideology, religious or political, that produces killers at the rate Islam produces them, you have to think about maybe doing something very restrictive.
There is no other "religion" like Islam that sanctions the killing and oppression Islam does.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:25:47 pm by goatprairie »

HonestJohn

Do I favor just grabbing Muslims and either severely restricting their rights or just throwing them out of the country? I'm not saying that as yet. But what if the country takes all the measures the more level-headed people are saying we have to do? We take all the necessary precautions and do what is constitutionally legal as far as it can go without impinging on the rights of Muslims who are American citizens.
But what if the butchery from these citizens l continues? Are we to just sit back and say "well we can't do anything extraordinary because they're American citizens"?
Sorry, that won't wash.  I'm sure the great majority of native American Muslims are not psychopathic killers. That's beside the point. If there is an ideology, religious or political, that produces killers at the rate Islam produces them, you have to think about maybe doing something very restrictive.
There is no other "religion" like Islam that sanctions the killing and oppression Islam does.

That exact same argument is made from the far-left regarding the TEA party and militias.  The only thing keeping the government from acting out on this is the fact that the 'squishy middle' and the right doesn't think this sort of action to be acceptable.

Once the right says 'hell yeah!' and joins with the far-left to allow government these powers... then the government will use them on whoever the current administration views as 'undesirable'.

Offline goatprairie

That exact same argument is made from the far-left regarding the TEA party and militias.  The only thing keeping the government from acting out on this is the fact that the 'squishy middle' and the right doesn't think this sort of action to be acceptable.

Once the right says 'hell yeah!' and joins with the far-left to allow government these powers... then the government will use them on whoever the current administration views as 'undesirable'.
Fine....how much violence will you tolerate from deranged Muslim fanatics then? How many more slaughters? What is your limit to dead Americans killed by Islamic killers before we do something drastic?

HonestJohn

Fine....how much violence will you tolerate from deranged Muslim fanatics then? How many more slaughters? What is your limit to dead Americans killed by Islamic killers before we do something drastic?

And the same argument is made by the left.  How much more violence can we tolerate from deranged school and church shooters?  What is your limit before we do something drastic?

I give you the same answer the NRA gives the left.  It is the price we pay for our Constitutional right to bear arms. (the shooter was an American citizen who bought his guns legally)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:33:12 pm by HonestJohn »

geronl

I can't believe you support gun control!

:tongue2:

I don't. I was just pointing out this guy was vetted by the government the left wants us to rely on.

Offline goatprairie

And the same argument is made by the left.  How much more violence can we tolerate from deranged school and church shooters?  What is your limit before we do something drastic?

I give you the same answer the NRA gives the left.  It is the price we pay for our Constitutional right to bear arms. (the shooter was an American citizen who bought his guns legally)
So what you're saying is that we have to tolerate these types of slaughters every now and then because impinging on their rights would be unconstitutional? Really? You are aware the constitution is not a suicide pact?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So what you're saying is that we have to tolerate these types of slaughters every now and then because impinging on their rights would be unconstitutional? Really? You are aware the constitution is not a suicide pact?

Interesting.  So, you want more gun control?  Should I call it "gun safety?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

HonestJohn

And again, that's *EXACTLY* the same argument made by the likes of Micheal Moore about every mass shooting.