Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 55087 times)

Offline runnerrunner

We have to shut these guys down, once and for all.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:55:09 pm by runnerrunner »

rangerrebew

Orlando terrorist pictured with his wife and son: Dead ISIS fanatic was a devout Muslim on his second marriage who talked about killing all the time and openly hated homosexuals

A gay, high school classmate who knew Omar Mateen before 2009 said he was friendly and showed no signs of being 'anti-gay'
    But Mateen's father said he became enraged after seeing two men kissing
    Mateen worked at GNC after high school and spent much of his time working out, while ex-wife Sitora Yusufiy said he had history using steroids
    Yusufiy said Mateen was unstable and physically abusive - the two married in 2009 and officially divorced in 2011
    Noor Zahi Salman was listed as his wife in 2013 mortgage, sources report
    They had son together, but Salman has been living at new address
    Head of Mateen's mosque in Florida said he was quiet, visited frequently with his son, and rarely interacted with other members of congregation
    Former coworker said Mateen frequently talked about killing people and used racial, ethnic and sexual slurs
    See more news on the Orlando shooting and gunman Omar Mateen

By Matt Hunter and Jessica Chia For Dailymail.com and Martin Gould In St. Lucie, Florida, For Dailymail.com and Jose Lambiet In Port St. Lucie, Florida For Dailymail.com

Published: 23:31 EST, 12 June 2016 | Updated: 09:01 EST, 13 June 2016

Omar Mateen transformed from a friendly high school football player to a quiet father who carried out America's deadliest mass shooting, leaving old friends and family members in shock.

Mateen, who worked as a security guard, walked into a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, with a handgun and AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, killing 50 people on Sunday before police stormed the club and fatally shot him.

A gay, high school classmate who knew Mateen before 2009 said the 29-year-old regularly interacted with him and his other gay co-workers and 'treated us all like the individuals we were.'

But the terrorist's father said his son had recently become infuriated at the sight of two men kissing, while others said he was an 'agitated' and 'aggressive' bodybuilder.

Mateen's first wife claimed he was mentally ill and physically abusive, while a coworker said: 'He talked about killing people all the time. I wasn't shocked. I saw it coming.'

He had worked for G4S since 2007, the world's largest security company, which provides guards for US nuclear facilities.

Scroll down for video
Mateen's ex-wife said he was unstable and physically abusive. He had a son with another woman, Noor Zahi Salman (left), who was listed as his wife on a 2013 mortgage and appears to have left him
+12

Mateen's ex-wife said he was unstable and physically abusive. He had a son with another woman, Noor Zahi Salman (left), who was listed as his wife on a 2013 mortgage and appears to have left him
The photo from Omar Mateen's high-school yearbook shows the terrorist as an unsuspecting teenager
+12
He carried out the deadliest mass shooting in American history at a gay club in Orlando on Sunday
+12

The photo from Omar Mateen's high-school yearbook shows the terrorist as an unsuspecting teenager (left). He carried out the deadliest mass shooting in American history at a gay club in Orlando on Sunday
Federal and local law enforcement remove evidence from two Treasure Coast homes that are linked to Orlando nightclub shooter, 29-year-old Omar Mateen
+12

Federal and local law enforcement remove evidence from two Treasure Coast homes that are linked to Orlando nightclub shooter, 29-year-old Omar Mateen
Mateen's name was registered at two homes in Orlando which police raided on Sunday for evidence as their investigation continues
+12

Mateen's name was registered at two homes in Orlando which police raided on Sunday for evidence as their investigation continues
Mateen worked as a security guard for G4S where employees said he 'frequently' made racist and homophobic comments 
+12

Mateen worked as a security guard for G4S where employees said he 'frequently' made racist and homophobic comments 
COLLEAGUES COMPLAINED ABOUT MATEEN'S 'FREQUENT' RACIST AND HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS AND SAID HE WAS 'UNHINGED'

Mateen led what many would consider a normal life: he was married, had a child and worked as a security guard.

But he was really an 'unhinged' extremist who regularly made homophobic and racist remarks at work.

That's the account of former police officer Daniel Gilroy who worked alongside Mateen, 29, for security firm G4S.

Gilroy said he complained to bosses but they did nothing because of Mateen's Muslim faith.

'I quit because everything he said was toxic,' Gilroy told Florida Today.

'...and the company wouldn't do anything. This guy was unhinged and unstable. He talked of killing people.'

Gilroy said Mateen would take over from him on shift at PGA Village between 2014-15.

Mateen began stalking him, sent up to 30 messages and made around 15 calls to him a day, Gilroy added.
Mateen was connected to two homes in Port St Lucie, Florida - at 519 SW Bayshore Boulevard and 937 SW Bayshore Boulervard
+12

Mateen was connected to two homes in Port St Lucie, Florida - at 519 SW Bayshore Boulevard and 937 SW Bayshore Boulervard

Mateen had a son with Noor Zahi Salman, and the two lived at the same St Lucie County address in 2012, according to records seen by DailyMail.com.

Salman was listed as his wife on a September 2013 mortgage filed in the county, according to Buzzfeed, after Mateen divorced his first wife, Sitora Yusufiy, in 2011. 

But it is unclear whether Mateen and Salman are still together, since she has been living at a different address.

Born in New York to Afghan parents, Mateen and his family moved to Florida when he was a child.

He graduated from Martin County High School in 2004 and 'got really buff' while he worked at the nutrition store GNC at a local mall, according to his classmate Samuel King, who was a year older.

King said: 'What is shocking to me is that the majority of the staff at Ruby Tuesday's when I worked there were gay.

'He clearly was not anti-[gay], at least not back then. He did not show any hatred to any of us. He treated us all like the individuals we were. He always smiled and said hello.'

King, who characterized Mateen as friendly and talkative, said: 'Something must have changed.'

Mateen, who was born in New York and grew up in Florida, earned an associate's degree in criminal justice  before becoming a security officer (pictured, the scene outside Pulse in Orlando on Sunday morning)
+12

Mateen, who was born in New York and grew up in Florida, earned an associate's degree in criminal justice  before becoming a security officer (pictured, the scene outside Pulse in Orlando on Sunday morning)
An openly gay, high school classmate Samuel King said Mateen was talkative and friendly to him and his gay coworkers when he knew him before 2009 (pictured, an aerial view of Pulse)
+12

An openly gay, high school classmate Samuel King said Mateen was talkative and friendly to him and his gay coworkers when he knew him before 2009 (pictured, an aerial view of Pulse)
MATEEN WAS 'DISTRESSED' WHEN HE BOUGHT ST LUCIE PROPERTY IN 2013

Further details about Mateen's property arrangements have come to light.

Police officers have removed evidence from 519 and 937 south-west Bayshore Boulevard, St Lucie.

The four and three-bed homes are a four minute drive between each other.

Mateen was said to be in a 'distressed' state when he bought number 937 for $95,000 in September 2013. Today it is thought to be worth about $190,000.

The Palm Beach Post reported that he took out a $76,000 loan to finance the home.  It was advertised as a 'spacious pool home' which needs 'a little TLC'.

The second home at 519 was bought for $160,000 in 2010, having been built two years earlier.

His father Mir Seddique, also known as Seddique Mateen, has his company The Durand Jirga, registered at 519. 

It has 10 rooms and is built over two stories and is worth about $250,000.       

Mateen went on to earn an associate's degree in criminal justice from Indian River State College in Fort Pierce, and expressed interest in joining the police force.

Instead, he worked as a security officer, a fact that comforted other members of the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce where he worshipped, Syed Shafeeq Rahman, the head of he mosque, said.

'He hardly had any friends. He would come with his little son at night to pray and after he would leave.'

Rahman told the NY Times: 'There is nothing that he is hearing from me to do killing, to do bloodshed, to do anything, because we never talk like that.'

The Islamic center also released a statement condemning the 'monstrous' attack that read: 'The Muslim community of Fort Pierce joins our fellow Americans in repudiating anyone or any group that would claim to justify or excuse such an appalling act of violence.'

The terrorist's father Seddique Mir Mateen also denied that the attack had anything to do with religion, and said his son had become enraged after seeing two men kissing in Miami months before.

While the father said he was 'in shock like the whole country,' the terrorist's former coworker, Daniel Gilroy, told the Times: 'He talked about killing people all the time.'

Gilroy said he made several complaints to G4S, the company where they both worked, because Mateen frequently used racial, ethnic and sexual slurs and sent him a barrage of 20 to 30 text message a day.

'He was always shaken, always agitated and always mad,' Gilroy added.
Sitora Yusufiy, Omar Mateen's first wife, described how he 'seemed like a normal human being' at first. The two met online and married in 2009 after a brief romance
+12

Sitora Yusufiy, Omar Mateen's first wife, described how he 'seemed like a normal human being' at first. The two met online and married in 2009 after a brief romance
‘After a few months he started to beat me,’ she said. ‘He was mentally unstable… he was obviously disturbed. I know he had a history of [taking] steroids'
Her parents eventually intervened and the two separated, although their divorce wasn't finalized until 2011.

‘After a few months he started to beat me,’ she said. ‘He was mentally unstable… he was obviously disturbed. I know he had a history of [taking] steroids'

Sitora Yusufiy, Omar Mateen's first wife, described how he 'seemed like a normal human being' at first.

Following a brief romance after the two met online, the pair married in 2009 and moved into a two-bedroom home owned by Mateen’s family in Fort Pierce.

‘After a few months he started to beat me,’ she said. ‘He was mentally unstable… he was obviously disturbed. I know he had a history of [taking] steroids.

'He was not a stable person. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn’t finished or something like that.'

Yusufiy said that Mateen owned a gun during their marriage, was ‘short tempered’ and would express ‘hate towards things’. She would not reveal if he had any homophobic views.

Her parents eventually intervened and the two separated, although their divorce wasn't finalized until 2011.
People around the country have gathered, mourning the 50 people who have been killed in the deadliest mass shooting in American history. Pictured, a candlelight memorial in Seattle on Sunday
+12

People around the country have gathered, mourning the 50 people who have been killed in the deadliest mass shooting in American history. Pictured, a candlelight memorial in Seattle on Sunday

After spending most of the day searching Omar Mateen’s Port St. Lucie home, cops and the FBI moved on to the custom-built four-bedroom home a couple of blocks of north on Bayshore Boulevard where his parents live.

Neighbor, Tony Schneider, a retired deputy sheriff told Daily Mail Online that Seddique and Shahla Mateen are ‘the nicest people in the world.’

‘They are very Americanized, he said. ‘Just very good neighbors. I have known them for six years and have never had any problems with them.
Mateen had been living in a condo rental apartment in Fort Pierce for the past nine months. Investigators sealed off the apartment and brought in bomb testing equipment.
+12

Mateen had been living in a condo rental apartment in Fort Pierce for the past nine months. Investigators sealed off the apartment and brought in bomb testing equipment.

‘My heart goes out to them — of course if they were involved they can rot in hell, but I otherwise I feel so sorry for them.’

Schneider said that Seddique — who he knows as Sid — can often be seen in his yard and walking up and down the street. He said he did not know his wife nearly as well.

‘I believe he is in insurance, he has done well for himself and they have three daughters, all went to college, who I believe are in the medical field.

‘But I didn’t know the son. I saw his picture on television this morning and I recognized him, but he only came here rarely.’

Mateen had moved out of the family home nine months ago around the same time he 'wuick deeded' the apartment to a man believed to be a family friend for $100.

He moved into to a condo apartment rental in Fort Pierce. Investigators sealed off the apartment and brought in bomb testing equipment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3638371/Pictured-wife-son-ISIS-fanatic-murdered-50-people-Orlando-club-massacre.html#ixzz4BTVzu5ZG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Great graphic.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:06:23 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline bilo

Of course....look at all those Christians going around slaughtering people in the name of Christ. /s

There is truth in humor.

There is nothing in the Christian Scriptures that tells Christians to go kill non-believers. The same holds true for Judaism. It is the koran that tells it's followers they are commanded to go kill non-believers. Not all religions are the same.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline runnerrunner

Obama is beyond soft! We need to take them down.

Offline WAC

Regardless of whatever is brought into the mix of the Orlando shooting and there's plenty coming out giving opinions and attempting to frame this event...The facts and evidence are what they are.....
....The Killer was an Islamic terrorist with now proven ties to Islamic terrorist groups.... He called 911 and professed his allegiance to ISIS  leadership.....This was 'ALL' about a Muslim who pledged his allegience bot Isis and Islam..... a religion that accepts, condones and encourages this type of behavior against those who will not conform to their ideologies.

....This was not an anti gay act, this was an anti American act of which Islamic leaders 'have declared openly' war against this nation throughout the Mosques by their Imams and many of their leaders throughout the Middle EAst.....it was a blatant attack against our nation by believers of a political ideology masquerading as a religion.

There are many violent extremists who will wage jihad against anyone, anywhere and at any time to achieve their goal of converting the world to Islam...be it by Stealth Jihad and Violent Jihad....and has done so for centuries.  Gun laws and reaching out to Muslims will never change it's core agenda and trajectory for this nation and the world.  They must do so themselves which they cannot because the Koran itself prevents so.

We know the problem is Islamic teachings and those that teach, instruct and follow it. ...The Muslim community  brought out an Imam to speak at one of the press conferences following this attack,.. but failed greatly for NOT stating the Muslim community stands with America in it's fight against Radical Islam....rather simply condemned the attack....All of the significant Muslim organizations in the Nation will condemn the attacks while they work deligently supporting the idea of the US becoming an Islamic state based on Islamic Sharia Law....

Militant Islam is simply the Military arm of Islam. .....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Therefore could you please provide the quotes from the Declaration, about homosexuality, abortion, marriage, drugs, dancing, or showing ankles ?

"We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

The rest of the words are contained in the Bible, written by the Supreme Judge of the world, upon which these quotes reside.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline flowers

Regardless of whatever is brought into the mix of the Orlando shooting and there's plenty coming out giving opinions and attempting to frame this event...The facts and evidence are what they are.....
....The Killer was an Islamic terrorist with now proven ties to Islamic terrorist groups.... He called 911 and professed his allegiance to ISIS  leadership.....This was 'ALL' about a Muslim who pledged his allegience bot Isis and Islam..... a religion that accepts, condones and encourages this type of behavior against those who will not conform to their ideologies.

....This was not an anti gay act, this was an anti American act of which Islamic leaders 'have declared openly' war against this nation throughout the Mosques by their Imams and many of their leaders throughout the Middle EAst.....it was a blatant attack against our nation by believers of a political ideology masquerading as a religion.

There are many violent extremists who will wage jihad against anyone, anywhere and at any time to achieve their goal of converting the world to Islam...be it by Stealth Jihad and Violent Jihad....and has done so for centuries.  Gun laws and reaching out to Muslims will never change it's core agenda and trajectory for this nation and the world.  They must do so themselves which they cannot because the Koran itself prevents so.

We know the problem is Islamic teachings and those that teach, instruct and follow it. ...The Muslim community  brought out an Imam to speak at one of the press conferences following this attack,.. but failed greatly for NOT stating the Muslim community stands with America in it's fight against Radical Islam....rather simply condemned the attack....All of the significant Muslim organizations in the Nation will condemn the attacks while they work deligently supporting the idea of the US becoming an Islamic state based on Islamic Sharia Law....

Militant Islam is simply the Military arm of Islam. .....

:thumbsup:

Offline WAC

My experience is that Muslims do not really care much about who they are killing, even if it is fellow Muslims. It makes little difference to them...............My experience in the M.E. has taught me through grim experience, that Muslims, especially Muslims with weapons, are very unpredictable. They can be your best friend one minute, offering you tea and bread, and then shooting at you the next minute. Just ask the people in San Bernardino about that.
[/quote]

That's right.....because in Islam it's perfectly acceptable to hold completely opposite thoughts at the same time. .....Islam is twisted itself, just as the Koran is, so it's no surprise Muslims can and do role play in whatever venue or social arena or spotlight they find themselves. They have spent lifetimes in their country dodging being arrested or killed for any infraction or appearance of breaking Islamic rules. It is how the leadership controls the populations.

With this comes many mental health issues for most. We see this in the refugees arriving throughout Europe and here in the states. Over all they are not a stable culture by any sense of the word.  Much like woman who have been abused for a life time and bare the mental issues, but worse because it's all in the name of a false religion which permits and encourages beatings and killings in the name of that religion...Which is why it's considered a death 'cult'. Not to mention their laws on "honor" which are stretched to the extreme.

You can not bring a culture such as this into western nations and expect more than what they are.  For them adapting to this country is "tramatic" itself. Which is why there are so many Muslim Community centers to keep them in line with Islamic teachings as they come here. They give no room for most to adapt to Western Culture....and most aren't here to adapt but to be a part of Immigration Jihad...one of the tenants in the Islamic Agenda.

geronl

This was not an anti-gay hate crime if this story is true, it was just a target of opportunity

http://www.people.com/article/omar-mateen-disney-world-scouted-attacks

The gunman behind the Orlando nightclub shootings, the deadliest mass shooting in American history, recently scouted Walt Disney World as a potential target, a federal law enforcement source tells PEOPLE.

He had narrowed down his targets to PULSE and Disney World.

Wingnut

This was not an anti-gay hate crime if this story is true, it was just a target of opportunity

The House of Mouse had better security.

geronl

Apparently it wasn't an anti-gay crime at all, just an easier target than the magical kingdom

The gunman behind the Orlando nightclub shootings, the deadliest mass shooting in American history, recently scouted Walt Disney World as a potential target, a federal law enforcement source tells PEOPLE.

Omar Mateen and his wife, Noor Zahi Salman, visited Walt Disney World in April, the source says. Salman told federal authorities on Sunday that her husband had more recently been "scouting Downtown Disney and Pulse [nightclub] for attacks."

Unlike the four Disney World theme parks, Downtown Disney, which was recently renamed Disney Springs, doesn't have security and bag check before entry.

Offline RoosGirl

So am I to understand that the wife knew back in April that he was planning an attack?  That makes her what?

geronl

downtown's Disney Springs has no security bag check.... although they probably will now

Offline RoosGirl

I can tell you, if someone wanted to do some damage at Disney it would not be that hard unless they have changed the way they screen people.  March was the last time we were there.  Only people with bags go through screening.  Concealed carry in some baggy clothes with a few extra mags, someone could take out a lot of people very quickly. 

Separate from that, when I saw the muslim, I assume woman but who could tell for sure, in full head to toe burka with only the eyes exposed I wondered how well s/he had been screened before being allowed in.  Hubby and I made note and thought it prudent to head off in another direction.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Interesting.  I thought the wife had not seen him in three years?

Also noted this in the article.  People Magazine should really check their article prior to publishing.  Sig is probably a MCX with folding stock.

Mateen bought an an AR-15-style assault rifle, a Sig Sauer RMCX, on June 4 – just one week before the attack, the source says. He also had a Glock model 17 9mm and a Smith and Wesson .38 caliber revolver.
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And yet the FBI cleared him in background checks and allowed him to purchase weapons last week.

Obviously there need to be very significant changes, in how we screen and scrutinize, wouldn't you agree?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: DAILY BEAST

URL: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/drag-queen-orlando-gunman-omar-mateen-was-my-friend.html#pq=rSJvYl

by: Katie Zavadski

EXCERPT ONLY, CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

FORT PIERCE, Florida — Years before he shot up an Orlando gay club in what became the largest mass shooting in American history, Omar Mateen regularly picked up lunch from a drag queen at Ruby Tuesday. He may have even gone to see a drag show or two, a former high school classmate told The Daily Beast.

About 10 years ago, Mateen, a few years out of high school, was working at the supplement store GNC. Samuel King, a year ahead of him in high school, was working next door at the restaurant chain. Mateen was a few years out of playing football in high school while King, who is openly gay, had long, flowing extensions, and prettier hair than most of his female co-workers.

“He always had a smile on his face,” King told The Daily Beast on Sunday. “Maybe it’s because he was working in customer service.”

After seeing the trending news story about the Orlando shooting, King posted his disbelief on Facebook. “I can’t believe i knew this dude…. He worked at GNC at the treasure coast mall when i was at Ruby Tuesday’s and he Graduated from the same high school in 2004,” he wrote. “He was a jokester and at the time didn’t have an issue with the LGBT community.”

Mateen’s father told NBC News that Mateen “got angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami a couple of months ago” and that he “thought that might be related to the shooting.”

But King saw none of that homophobia. Quite the opposite: He said Mateen knew that he and many of his co-workers at Ruby Tuesday were gay, and didn’t seem to have a problem with it.
“That’s the thing that’s pinning me to the wall the most, that it was a gay nightclub,” King said. “Because he would come into the [the restaurant] and laugh with us.

“He might’ve even sat down at the bar and had a drink and laughed with the bartenders, knowing that they were lesbians,” King added.

These interactions shed new light on a man believed to be motivated by blind hatred for gay people. By the end of his rampage, Mateen had killed 49 people and wounded 53 others in the most deadly terror attack on U.S. soil since 9/11. During his attack on a sea of dancing young men, Mateen called 911 and pledged allegiance to the leader of ISIS, announcing himself as a terrorist and mentioning the Boston marathon attackers.

Yet if Mateen was a religious extremist, King didn’t know it, and the topic of religion never came up in conversations. Instead, the two men would greet each other on the street. King likely showed him, like the rest of the employees and regulars, photos in full costume from his performances.

“I can’t pinpoint a date that he went with us, but he probably gone there with us once,” he said.

EXCERPT ONLY, CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

Wingnut

Boy they really got lax since 9-11. I haven't been to the Orlando one for 10 or so years. Guess with the recession of '08 they didn't want to offend their muslim guests who had money.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Obviously there need to be very significant changes, in how we screen and scrutinize, wouldn't you agree?

If he have been cleared by the FBI at least twice as well as additional backgrounds for his employment, then I don't know the answer other than the FBI clearly missed on his threats to co-workers and beating his ex-wife.  As I understand it, Mateen also had a FL concealed weapons license for his S&W 38, and he purchased the Glock 17 (9MM) and the Sig MCX last week.

Per the WaPo:

He had twice come under investigation by the FBI — once for comments suggesting an affinity for Islamist groups, and a second time for vague connections to another Florida man who traveled to Syria to become a suicide bomber. Neither probe turned up evidence of wrongdoing, and Mateen had a blemish-free record when he applied for a Florida license to carry concealed weapons and again when he legally purchased two firearms, including an assault-style semiautomatic rifle, just a few days before the shootings.

Edited to include WaPo quote.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:29:32 pm by ExFreeper »
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year

I actually have one that looks like a rifle with a scope on it. I couldn't resist buying it.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If 2% of Muslims are radical,

If 100 such refugees come in a day.

The math is pretty easy.

This 100 figure does not seem constant but some say that is what the average is right now.

geronl

Mateen’s father told NBC News that Mateen “got angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami a couple of months ago” and that he “thought that might be related to the shooting.

This is a lie, I bet.

The fact that Mateen also checked out other possible targets like Disney World shows that it was not an anti-gay attack

Offline RoosGirl

If 2% of Muslims are radical,

If 100 such refugees come in a day.

The math is pretty easy.

This 100 figure does not seem constant but some say that is what the average is right now.

So it would take 50 days to put 2 "lone wolf" types in each state with an agreed upon detonation day/week.