Author Topic: Donald Trump, a true conservative leader.  (Read 9322 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Donald Trump, a true conservative leader.
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2016, 10:09:24 pm »
Still waiting for the discussion about the 3 conservative causes that Trump has consistently championed over the last 10 years....

Or 1 in 5 years....

Waiting....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2016, 10:09:32 pm »

She is a he.  Unless he's gone and pulled a "Caitlyn".

Nasty and snide 24/7.  I guess this makes you the anti-Aligncare.   :smokin:

« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2016, 10:10:47 pm »

:bigsilly:

Wow do you not pay attention to anything.

I certainly pay attention to what aligncare has to say.  Maybe you should try it.   :pondering:

Oceander

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2016, 10:11:19 pm »
Nasty and snide 24/7.  I guess this makes you the anti-Aligncare.   :smokin:

I'm not the one who mistook AC for a woman.  I'm the best be who is assuming he's still a he.  Why, do you know better?

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2016, 10:13:17 pm »
I'm not the one who mistook AC for a woman.  I'm the best be who is assuming he's still a he.  Why, do you know better?

No, but you were the one who brought Caitlyn into it.  Snide, Oceander, and very unbecoming.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 10:14:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2016, 10:16:23 pm »
He ain't no she.

Got it!  Just saw the "she" up thread and went with it.

Is the name "aligncare" like Obamacare or Romneycare?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2016, 10:19:22 pm »

@aligncare  -- Timber Rattler has a question for you.   ^-^

Wingnut

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2016, 10:19:37 pm »
He ain't no she.

But he tries to be.....like his boy!   

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2016, 10:20:03 pm »

He's a doctor in Queens N.Y. if I'm not mistaken.

And a fellow Vietnam vet.  Good guy before the Trump bug got him.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 10:22:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2016, 10:29:43 pm »

Article does a great job comparing his positions to those of previous conservative candidates and presidents. Very detailed and issue specific look at where Trump fits in the conservative spectrum...and its nowhere near where the NeverTrump movement places him. He's a step or two to the right of our most recent GOP president, for example.

Same old argument, different day.

His positions are 'campaign promises'.
Conservatives will pay them no mind unless he has the historical fortitude to prove those promises.

Trump does not.

In the very first place is the argument against the man's character - A man of low character is intrinsically incapable of keeping his word, and thus his promise by way of his positions is of no value whatsoever.

The hallmarks against Trump's character are voluminous, and boldly part of the public record...

End_of_story, right there, really...

But even if he could be proven to be a man of high moral standard (indicating that his word on something actually means something), You still must show that he stands in his character, historically embracing the principles of the conservative factions.

He has *nothing* for Social Conservatives, and has often been their enemy.
He has *nothing* for Civil Libertarians, and has often been their enemy.
He has *nothing* for Defense Conservatives, and has often been their enemy.
He has very little for Financial Conservatives - I would say 'nothing', but I will grant you a we bit of wiggle room where *some* financial conservative principles cross-pollinate into crony-capitalism.

Pimping his 'Road to Damascus' positions will not win the day. Every single RINO on the planet claims Conservatism during elections. It is their past that outs them, every time... Which is why the spin today tries to discount Trump's liberal past by focusing upon his current positions (most of which he has come away from anyway).

Been there, done that. Not gonna happen.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2016, 10:35:32 pm »
He's a doctor in Queens N.Y. if I'm not mistaken.

And a fellow Vietnam vet.  Good guy before the Trump bug got him.

Well bully for him...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

HonestJohn

« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2016, 10:52:31 pm »
Dopey. Americans don't want a rude bullying racist as their leader. 

The thrill is gone, RIV.  That lame-assed rally last night revealed it.  8000 empty seats in arena of 10,000.

That kinda tells me that Trump ain't going to win Virginia in November.

HonestJohn

« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2016, 11:09:25 pm »
I think that's what's been so stunning in this election.....that people opted for a liberal Democrat Leftist to run as their nominee when there was an amazing Consitutional Candidate starring them right in the face and they could not or would not see the difference.

I watched that as Trump fooled so many along the way....and the "mobs" got caught up in his show leaving many devoid of reasoning who professed to be Constitutional/Conservatives. It was stunning to watch reasonable people let the media and Trumps show "take them away from the anchor' to be dazzled by Trumps glitz and glamor.

..."This country rewards sarcasm instead of wisdom, rudeness instead of insight and the squeaky wheel instead of the farsighted patriot.
 You’re more likely to get your way in America if you claim to be angry, offended or can just make enough noise  than if you’re plain old right.".........John Hawkins

What we are waking up to is that 40% of the GOP defines 'conservatism' by blood.  You are either born 'conservative' or you aren't.  Of course, you can leave it, but only those born that way can ever return.

Judge Curiel, for instance, can never be conservative no matter what he believes, because he's 'Mexican'.  Nor could Merrick Garland, for he's Jewish (good for counting money, nothing else).  And neither can Romney, for he's a Mormon, don'tcha know?

HonestJohn

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2016, 11:13:57 pm »
What policies would that be?  Racism?  Trade wars? Isolationism?

Fostering nuclear proliferation is another.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2016, 11:22:28 pm »

But, the post was about multiple marriages not be "conservative" --- and I simply filled in the knowledge gaps on Reagan and Levin and Limbaugh.

We know the only way to exonerate your prince is to compare him with other Conservatives and either denigrate them or sculpt Trump into the image of Reagan.

AGAIN - Trump bragged about bedding other men's wives, numerous sexual affairs while married and has a history or remarking about certain women he wanted to have sex with.  We are not ignorant about why it is exactly that Trump could not maintain his marriage vows to different women.  We do not have that with Reagan, Levin or Limbaugh.

Trump is completely hubris and unrepentant about it. He even bragged about his package size in a presidential debate.  It is his BEHAVIOR coupled with the fruits of multiple failed marriages that illustrate your boy to have ZERO Conservative credentials.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2016, 11:30:04 pm »
Donald Trump, a true conservative leader

Whoever wrote this should strongly consider putting away that crack pipe for good.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2016, 11:39:05 pm »
You dish it out, you take it.  That's the way it works.

And there is no abuse.  There are Trump's words and Trump's history.  The man indicts himself. 

I'll just share this here:

I'm glad to take it...just sad that those dishing it can't be a bit more coherent. Mostly its just weak name-calling, strawmen, and angry rants coming from the NeverTrumps...so its not hard to make that look like the baloney that it is. I'm actually hoping someone on that side can start putting forward real arguments based in common sense, evidence and reasoning...most likely I'll be waiting a very long time to see that come to fruition.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2016, 11:39:50 pm »

I agree @ Mesaclone.   @aligncare is one of the best --- he is intelligent, thoughtful, witty and slow to anger---and a valuable asset to this forum.

Mea Culpa on the gender point. He...not she.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2016, 11:41:22 pm »
No, The Donald is not a "conservative." Neither is Trump a Liberal, nor a Libertarian--Trump is first, last, and always, a self-adoring Opportunists--Period!
He's made $ BILLIONS saying whatever is necessary to "win" at a given moment--he is doing just That, today!
For Mister Trump, it's all a power game, about feeding his narcissism with "wins." He's not out to better our America, or to raise people up.....he's skillfully duping millions, who ascribe to Trump, what they wish to see, what they want him to be.
By the way, folks, that same thing happened in the 2008 with another narcissistic, a man named Obama.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2016, 11:41:27 pm »
I'm glad to take it...just sad that those dishing it can't be a bit more coherent. Mostly its just weak name-calling, strawmen, and angry rants coming from the NeverTrumps...so its not hard to make that look like the baloney that it is. I'm actually hoping someone on that side can start putting forward real arguments based in common sense, evidence and reasoning...most likely I'll be waiting a very long time to see that come to fruition.

You've been presented all three and have refused them. We'd get more rational thought out of a pet rock. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2016, 11:44:45 pm »
Still waiting for the discussion about the 3 conservative causes that Trump has consistently championed over the last 10 years....

Or 1 in 5 years....

Waiting....

You put an artificial timeline on it. What you should focus on are his conservative views now...I could care less if he was raging liberal before he saw the light. He is now a conservative, and is clearly the best advocate available for conservative ideals. That is why he won the primary, not as some of your less astute colleagues claim, because he fooled people. The people (GOP voters) know exactly what he is, and they chose him for that reason.

As for what issues he is conservative on, I'll double your request for 3 and give you 6...though there are many more.:
1. Immigration
2. National Defense
3. Taxes
4. Foreign policy
5. Abolition of Obamacare
6. Selection of Federal Judges

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2016, 11:48:34 pm »

Common sense, evidence and reasoning are difficult with supporters of a candidate who is pure emotion and who declared just two days ago "my supporters don't care about issues."  Trump doesn't know what he thinks or believes from one minute to the next, so why should you?

As Jimmy Carter said, "we like Trump because he's malleable."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2016, 11:50:21 pm »
Why would a true conservative leader support the democrat De Blasio for NYC mayor over the republican running for mayor?   Why would a true conservative leader say an avowed leftist would be a good, maybe a great, mayor?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2016, 11:50:56 pm »
You've been presented all three and have refused them. We'd get more rational thought out of a pet rock.

I actually...genuinely...feel bad for you if you believe that. Finding rational thought in the ocean of petty insults, bitter recriminations and angry rants would be akin to spotting a unicorn in a pig sty. It would stand out brilliantly were it ever to appear, though the pigs themselves might not know or care.

Guess who the denizens of the pig pen are in this scenario. My money is on you getting it wrong but maybe I'm incorrect and unicorns are real.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2016, 11:57:51 pm »
You put an artificial timeline on it. What you should focus on are his conservative views now...

Absolutely not.
As I said upthread - that's why the argument turns to the promises he makes now - Because there is no way that his record supports what he says he is, or that he has the fortitude to keep the promises he makes now.

He's a pig in a poke..

If he truly means it, let him go govern a state and prove his crez and try again later.
Road to Damascus epiphanies are a dime a dozen in election years.

@RoosGirl