Author Topic: Assassins kill 11 in Puebla (Mexico) community  (Read 266 times)

rangerrebew

Assassins kill 11 in Puebla (Mexico) community
« on: June 11, 2016, 02:39:20 pm »
Assassins kill 11 in Puebla community
Victims were members of the same family; religious dispute cited
 8  2
Mexico News Daily | Friday, June 10, 2016

Religious differences have been cited as a possible reason for the assassination in the state of Puebla last night of 11 people, all members of the same family.
ADVERTISEMENT

Two of the victims were children. Another, a four-year-old girl who had been wounded in the gunfire, alerted authorities to the violence after she walked for nearly an hour to the nearby community of El Potrero to seek help.

There was one other survivor of the attack, a six-year-girl who was also wounded. Five women, four men and two young girls lost their lives.

Masked men entered San José El Mirador, located in the municipality of Coxcatlán, about midnight and began attacking various houses.

Mayor Vicente López de la Vega said the victims were part of an evangelists’ group and offered two possible reasons for the shooting. One was religious differences between the evangelists and Catholics, which had created a split in the community 15 years ago.

It was also suggested that there might have been a family dispute, but the mayor did not rule out an organized crime connection.

El Mirador is situated six hours from the capital city of Puebla and sits close to the border with the state of Oaxaca.
- See more at: http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/assassins-kill-11-in-puebla-community/#sthash.JsI7QylT.dpuf

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Assassins kill 11 in Puebla (Mexico) community
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 03:04:17 pm »
I'll go with this involving organized crime.

The article mentions a possible reason as being religion but really? I'm not buying that

I will add on, I'm aware that Puebla is off the mainstay of the Cartel areas at that from what I understand.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:19:46 pm by TomSea »