Author Topic: BREAKING: Mitt Romney Is Considering Supporting Gary Johnson and Bill Weld  (Read 1262 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
BREAKING: Mitt Romney Is Considering Supporting Gary Johnson and Bill Weld

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/breaking-romney-to-consider-supporting-johnsonweld/

In an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Friday night, Mitt Romney, 2012 Republican presidential nominee, said that he will not rule out voting for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson in 2016.

An outspoken Never Trumper, Romney has insisted that he will not be voting for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in November. With the failure of independent challenger to rise up, Johnson is the only other candidate on the ballot in all 50 states.

While generally shaky in his support for the two-term New Mexico Governor, the 2012 GOP nominee was much more enthusiastic about Johnson’s running mate, former Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld. Weld raised money for both of Romney’s campaigns for president in 2008 and 2012.

“If Bill Weld were at the top of the ticket, it would be very easy for me to vote for Bill Weld for president,” Romney said in the interview. “So I’ll get to know Gary Johnson better and see if he’s someone who I could end up voting for. That’s something which I’ll evaluate over the coming weeks and months.”

While Romney and other moderates have been attracted to the selection of Weld, the response from libertarian activists has been mixed to say the least. It took Weld two ballots to secure the VP nomination at the Libertarian Party’s convention, eventually winning with only 50.5 percent of the vote.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Johnson positions include support of:

--open borders
--abortion on demand
--same sex marriage
--huge military cuts
--likely blame America first foreign policy like his predecessor Harry Browne regarding 9/11/2001

There you have it, principled conservatives--might as well just support Hillary, since those are her positions too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
More selective cut-paste-repeat from Mr. Stay on the Plantation.

I'll support the least of three evils if I want to.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Norm Lenhart

BREAKING: Mitt Romney Is Considering Supporting Gary Johnson and Bill Weld

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/breaking-romney-to-consider-supporting-johnsonweld/

In an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Friday night, Mitt Romney, 2012 Republican presidential nominee, said that he will not rule out voting for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson in 2016.

An outspoken Never Trumper, Romney has insisted that he will not be voting for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in November. With the failure of independent challenger to rise up, Johnson is the only other candidate on the ballot in all 50 states.

While generally shaky in his support for the two-term New Mexico Governor, the 2012 GOP nominee was much more enthusiastic about Johnson’s running mate, former Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld. Weld raised money for both of Romney’s campaigns for president in 2008 and 2012.

“If Bill Weld were at the top of the ticket, it would be very easy for me to vote for Bill Weld for president,” Romney said in the interview. “So I’ll get to know Gary Johnson better and see if he’s someone who I could end up voting for. That’s something which I’ll evaluate over the coming weeks and months.”

While Romney and other moderates have been attracted to the selection of Weld, the response from libertarian activists has been mixed to say the least. It took Weld two ballots to secure the VP nomination at the Libertarian Party’s convention, eventually winning with only 50.5 percent of the vote.

He ain't done folks. I'm tellin you.

Offline montanajoe

I never thought I'd agree with Mittwitt on anything but have been proven wrong..

Offline truth_seeker

More selective cut-paste-repeat from Mr. Stay on the Plantation.

I'll support the least of three evils if I want to.

Once again making it personal, I see.

Got any comments on Johnson's policies, which I recall from memory, not paste btw?

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
I believe johnson's views on abortion are more complex.  I believe he is anti-Roe, be lives it's mainly a state issue, endorses bans on later abortions, but basically thanks women should have access to abortion.   It seems he's a bit all over the place .
Former Republican.

Offline sinkspur

Can't support Johnson either.  Like Trump and Hillary, he's enamored of EOs and extensive use of signing statements.  In other words, just as power-mad as the other two.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I will definitely be giving Johnson a serious look.  His views on most issues are more compatible with mine than any republican i have voted for in 45 years of voting.  If one believes in a small federal government, then it should carry through all the issues, not just taxing and spending.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You do what you think is right and don't let anyone else bully you into giving them your vote.

For me, no thanks to all 3.

Tiptoe through the tulips................Gary Johnson platform,
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Tiptoe through the tulips................Gary Johnson platform,
Just goes to show how Mitt was off base and took the GOP with him, just as Trump will and McCain did.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy