Author Topic: Glenn Beck Blasts #NeverTrump Convention Coup Plotters: ‘The Time to Defeat Trump Was in the Primary’  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Glenn Beck Blasts #NeverTrump Convention Coup Plotters: ‘The Time to Defeat Trump Was in the Primary’
by Rebecca Mansour

Glenn Beck, a fierce critic of the GOP’s presumptive nominee Donald Trump, denounced efforts by members of the #NeverTrump movement to steal the nomination from Trump at the Republican convention.

Linking on his Facebook page to an article titled “Cruz Staffers Plan Coup At Convention,” Beck, who endorsed Texas Senator Ted Cruz in the primary, wrote, “This won’t happen, nor should it. The time to defeat trump was in the primary.”

Beck’s entire post reads:

This won’t happen, nor should it. The time to defeat trump was in the primary.

I have said since the beginning, if the GOP changes the rules to allow some trick, on ANY candidate it will lead to the end of the party and possibly to the kindling of a civil war, God Forbid.

This will only cause chaos and more hatred.

There are no good answers now for many Americans.

Maybe 50% of Americans don’t want either, but the time to let your voice be heard was during the primary.

How you vote is your business, but rigging the game after it has been played and someone has 1237 only leads to more trouble.

I really don’t think I have to tell you how much I do not like it, but it doesn’t change the fact:

Trump is the nominee.

Beck also addressed this issue on his radio show Friday morning, saying, “There’s a lot of talk about the GOP now dumping Donald Trump at the convention. I cannot believe this is true. I think this is wishful talking for people who don’t support Trump, but I don’t think it should be wishful talking and hoping because I think it leads to great trouble.”

The radio talker also reiterated his point that such actions would be “kindling a civil war.”

“I don’t think lighting the fires of a civil war is something that I rush to,” he said. “You have to remember, the Civil War ended in more deaths than all other American wars combined. That’s a stunning stat. And you look at what that did to this nation — we barely made it. And we made it because we had Abraham Lincoln at the helm. You want to start a war? With who? Who is in charge? Who is leading this?”

[more]

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/10/glenn-beck-blasts-nevertrump-convention-coup-plotters-time-defeat-trump-primary/

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
With all this talk and build-up of dumping Trump at the convention, it is going to be a major disappointment if they do nothing and on the other hand if they do manage to derail Trump there is going to be some major upheaval; unless Trump addresses his supporters at the last minute and states that he's dropping out.  :0001:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fantom

Hmmnnn.. I thought Beck was like casting Holy Water on a vampire  to a trumpansie.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:08:47 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Norm Lenhart

Hmmnnn.. I thought Beck was like casting Holy Water on a vampire  to a trumpansie.

Embrace the Current Truth Comrade! Beck is wise and Christlike!

Today. Yesterday...not so much.

HonestJohn

There will be no hanky-panky at the convention.  Trump will get what he earned.

And then Trump will lose badly to Hillary.  In the process, he will poison the conservative brand so badly that the GOP will finally become the caricature the left always portrayed it as.

And the Hispanic voter will finally move into the Democratic camp for the next generation or two.

Then the fun will start as the GOP voter base starts dying off en-masse.

---

This is the election in which the plurality of the GOP base really got their wish... to destroy the GOP.

geronl

I'm already out. I can't be in a party that embraces Trump

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Let me understand this.  Beck was anathema to the Trumpkins when he was opposing Trump's coronation, but now that he isn't supporting a convention denial of Trump's ascension the principle Trump apostle here is giving him the seal of approval?  Folks, the Trumpkins just continue to show that they have no principles at all.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I agree with Beck. We clearly had some really great candidates other than Trump.  The GOP establishment counted on their cronies Bush and Rubio getting the nomination and it didn't happen. Cruz hung in there and because they knew that he would disrupt their corrupt way of life in the country club they didn't put forth the effort to support him.  They know that Trump will likely lose to Hillary, but they also know she will continue their corruption in Washington; at least with Hillary it will be business as usual. 

Now rumors are saying that the establishment doesn't plan on nominating Trump?  The only way that's going to work without creating upheaval and completely obliterating the GOP is if Trump goes along and makes a gracious acceptance of the candidate they put in lieu of him.  Any bets?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 12:20:37 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online NavyCanDo

Beck is right. Shenanigans at the convention will only divide an already horribly fractured party, and we are going to need to come out of this election being able to heel ourselves in time to remove Hillary from office in 2020.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline cato potatoe

Beck is right. Shenanigans at the convention will only divide an already horribly fractured party, and we are going to need to come out of this election being able to heel ourselves in time to remove Hillary from office in 2020.

I don't know which is worse in the long run.  Trump is an obvious racist, misogynist, con artist.  Sure, we can wait our turn, but who knows how long it will take for the American people to forgive the Republicans.

Offline RoosGirl

Beck is just upset it wasn't his idea. ;)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump earned it, Trump gets it. We're going to pay dearly for it, but I'm not for snatching away something rightfully gained with dirty back room tricks.

We're just going to have to suck it up and live with it, and let the chips fall.
The Republic is lost.