Author Topic: Trump’s Qadhafi boast raises questions about charity claim The episode is one of a series of unverified claims of charitable giving.  (Read 432 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump’s Qadhafi boast raises questions about charity claim
The episode is one of a series of unverified claims of charitable giving.

By BEN SCHRECKINGER 06/10/16 05:38 PM EDT

When Donald Trump boasted in an interview aired on Sunday that he “made a lot of money” in a 2009 deal to rent a New York-area estate to Libya's then-dictator, Muammar Qadhafi, he did not specify what he did with that money.

But back in 2011, when pressed on the matter, Trump assured a reporter that the money had all gone to charity, a claim that POLITICO has been unable to verify and that his campaign is unwilling to confirm. The episode adds to a series of unverified or exaggerated claims of charitable giving that have been dogging the presumptive Republican nominee.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-qadhafi-224203#ixzz4BDnb5Qx6
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:22:49 pm by AbaraXas »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

"Trump as skinflint" will be a major theme of the anti-Trump media and Democrat assault.  And it appears it's a target-rich environment.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline sinkspur

Thanks for your post. I'm getting really irritated with this excerpting nonsense.  I know there's a concern about copyright, but that's never been exercised, and I consider the posting of entire articles "fair use" anyway.

Few people actually go to the site and read the entire article.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It would not surprise me even a tiny little bit to find out that Trump has not given on cent to what he, and most Liberals, call "giving to charity". This 'giving to charity' phrase is used in Hollywood, NY, and in most Democrat circles and basically is meaningless. It is just a cliche' term they use to identify themselves as limousine Liberals and does not necessarily mean they gave a penny of money to anyone unless it had some direct kickback to themselves either socially or financially. (For example, no one would give a single dollar to Hillary's slush fund, except to get access to and favors from, Hillary and her husband.)

Whenever a Liberal talks about the amorphous word 'charity', there are almost never any specifics about which 'charity' they are talking about, or how much in terms of percentage they gave away as opposed to how much they kept of the gross take. Nor will they talk about whether or not they personally know the people running the charity, if they wrote it off their taxes, or whether or not they are somehow a beneficiary of the very same charity that they just "donated" to. This is a classic Liberal ploy.

I still do not have closure on the Vet Fundraiser that Trump conducted. Why did the money 'disappear' for several months. And why is there still not any formal documented accounting of how much was taken in; how much was distributed and to which groups. This is such a simple f**ing thing that charities all over the country do all the time. Why does Trump insist on making it so complicated. And holding a press conference to wildly wave your hands and raise your voice does not count as giving a formal accounting of anything.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.