Author Topic: Another rousing surrogate moment from Ben Carson: "What's the alternative?"  (Read 301 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Carson has long argued that Trump’s pattern of racially insensitive comments and controversies aren’t reflective of genuine racism. But other Republicans have begun to rebel and distance themselves from Trump, calling on him to retract his comments about Curiel or risk losing their support. House Speaker Paul Ryan called Trump’s comments “textbook” racism.
Carson said these wary Republicans should line up behind Trump anyway.
“You know what I say to people who say that? I say, what’s the alternative?” Carson told POLITICO. “Look at where we are as a nation right now. We are moving full speed ahead on the progressive train, heading off the cliff. I mean, somebody 30 years ago, if you tried to describe America today, they would say, ‘get out of here.’ Are we going to continue on that train? Or do we want to get back to the more traditional values.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/carson-says-trump-knows-judge-attack-was-wrong-224164#ixzz4BCjNvAOE
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:57:22 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I admire his honesty, and I think he's making the best case possible for voting for Trump.  And ultimately, it is going to take a lot of people following that same reasoning for Trump to win.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/carson-says-trump-knows-judge-attack-was-wrong-224164#ixzz4BCjNvAOE
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Well Ben....   When this campaign first started I had Trump about in the middle of the pack as far as who I would support.  Today?  Any of the 16 others would be a better choice.  The GOP needs to wise up, and save the senate and house by deep sixing  the orange clown.  At least a congressional majority could keep Hitlery somewhat in check.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.