Author Topic: WATCH LIVE: Trump Speaks at Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference  (Read 1893 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-live-trump-speaks-at-faith-and-freedom-coalition-conference/

by Mediaite TV | 12:04 pm, June 10th, 2016

Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump will speak at the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference in Washington, D.C.

Don't know if the nets will have it.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: WATCH LIVE: Trump Speaks at Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 05:27:12 pm »
Looks like he's winging it. No prepared text.

"I  happen to be Presbyterian..."

Thanking Falwell - Burns - Scott - Jeffers

Other names i do not recognize.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:30:08 pm by don-o »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 05:29:46 pm »
Now he's going to bullet points and riffing off them.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 05:34:25 pm »
Couple disruptors. Look like a couple white girls. Trump claimsthey are paidagitators.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 05:39:06 pm »
I'm not watching but I can imagine...

"Jesus was a nice try, but I'm the real deal."

"I did my crackers and wine thing."

"I can be that third Corinthian."

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 05:45:05 pm »
I'm not watching but I can imagine...

"Jesus was a nice try, but I'm the real deal."

"I did my crackers and wine thing."

"I can be that third Corinthian."

Actually he's pretty much gone to boilerplate. May have an outline to try to get his bases covered.

He's done.

Offline WAC

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 06:00:26 pm »
I jotted down 'some' of Trumps speech in brief for some who may not have seen this speech.....

........Uphold the sanctity and dignity of life...marriage and family building blocks of success.....people to freely practice their faith,..... no one judged by race, color of skin....church goers foundation of society....insure Israels security.....protect people of faith from radical Islam....appoint judges who will support our laws and constitution, all the judges I've selected are pro-life......restore the rule of law in Gov. and on our our border. ...respect police and law enforcement....restore dignity to office of the Sec. Of state.....protect churches to speak their minds on political matters....immigration controls.....repeal and replace Obama care......we will respect and protect Christians....we'll uphold the values our founders gave us....we'll lift up the whole country...not just special groups."

He then went after Hillary hard....and in detail....of what she will do and will happen if she is elected....this was targeted and precise.

I must say this speech, (and he does need the prompters) was impressive, measured, and clear while still retaining his own personality traits at various moments....even these were well placed...... Of course he was playing to his audience as Hillary was hers, ..never the less it was impressive.

My overall take is if I was undecided, and did not know Trumps background......I could be convinced he's the man to vote for based on all the issues significant to me and my family......the problem is as much as I want to believe Trump means to do what he says I can't. He will have to stay this course in the months ahead, and then some, before I would support him.

It will be interesting to see how Trump does ahead with his speeches and rallies.....I will be tuning in.

As for Hillary it's a no brainer......Never Hillary ever under any conditions.

:bullie smokin:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 06:06:12 pm »
........Uphold the sanctity and dignity of life...marriage and family building blocks of success.....people to freely practice their faith,..... no one judged by race, color of skin....church goers foundation of society.

Yeah.  Marriage is great.  That's why Trump's had three of them.

And we should never judge someone by race or color of skin, UNLESS you're an American judge of Hispanic descent in a trial in which Trump is a defendant.

Finally, church goers are great.  Trump goes on Easter, whose significance he's not quite sure of.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:06:55 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 06:10:34 pm »
Couple disruptors. Look like a couple white girls. Trump claimsthey are paidagitators.

I happen to agree with Trump that most who go to any Political event are generally "sent" to create disruption. I think that's simply the nature of elections. Often times they are "dial a student" who are actually paid to do this. Anytime camera's are running there will be protesters, some there just hoping to get on camera as they have stated.

Code pink likes to get "donations" and they then will go out.....same with Black Lifes Matter groups now...many are leftovers from previous demonstrations in Ferguson and other events we've seen them at.....if you watch the faces you see some of 'the same faces' at numerious events.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 06:13:48 pm »
I jotted down 'some' of Trumps speech in brief for some who may not have seen this speech.....

........Uphold the sanctity and dignity of life...marriage and family building blocks of success.....people to freely practice their faith,..... no one judged by race, color of skin....church goers foundation of society....insure Israels security.....protect people of faith from radical Islam....appoint judges who will support our laws and constitution, all the judges I've selected are pro-life......restore the rule of law in Gov. and on our our border. ...respect police and law enforcement....restore dignity to office of the Sec. Of state.....protect churches to speak their minds on political matters....immigration controls.....repeal and replace Obama care......we will respect and protect Christians....we'll uphold the values our founders gave us....we'll lift up the whole country...not just special groups."

He then went after Hillary hard....and in detail....of what she will do and will happen if she is elected....this was targeted and precise.

I must say this speech, (and he does need the prompters) was impressive, measured, and clear while still retaining his own personality traits at various moments....even these were well placed...... Of course he was playing to his audience as Hillary was hers, ..never the less it was impressive.

My overall take is if I was undecided, and did not know Trumps background......I could be convinced he's the man to vote for based on all the issues significant to me and my family......the problem is as much as I want to believe Trump means to do what he says I can't. He will have to stay this course in the months ahead, and then some, before I would support him.

It will be interesting to see how Trump does ahead with his speeches and rallies.....I will be tuning in.

Thanks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WAC

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 06:18:09 pm »
Yeah.  Marriage is great.  That's why Trump's had three of them........And we should never judge someone by race or color of skin, UNLESS you're an American judge of Hispanic descent in a trial in which Trump is a defendant............Finally, church goers are great.  Trump goes on Easter, whose significance he's not quite sure of.

I don't expect Trump to live the life of what he's stating for obvious reasons.....he can't. .......But he does need to carry the values and principles of the Party, which he did so in that speech. ....and what the RNC and GOP want him to do regardless of his own personal values and lifestyle....the group was the Faith And Freedom group so of course he's going to play to that audience. That's what Politicians do....and it looks like he's going to be "molded" to do just that.........

Time will tell if he can hold these lines he's spoken of......but he surely went after Hillary on the issues which we all need to see ......yes he used a prompter....but he really does need to. ....most do in order to stay on message....for Trump it's going to be necessary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 06:28:01 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 06:32:30 pm »
Thanks

Yep...

I also listened to Hillary's speech just prior to Trumps........which for me in a nut shell could be framed as thus:

( from Planned Parenthood Conference)

......."Let's kill 'more' children at home and world wide".

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 06:38:19 pm »
If anybody was unable to watch it its up on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Q65kszkCk&feature=youtu.be
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline WAC

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 06:39:24 pm »

Actually considering Trumps background previous to his run.....that's about the best I would expect from the man, even if he doesn't practice what he's preaching in this speech that doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't know what the audience does and wants to hear.

We've known all along the man knows how to speak to the audience he addresses or he could never have come this far.....many people want to believe what he's saying because they are hungry to hear someone speak their mind and hearts.....frankly he's saying the right things on the issues most are concerned about, even if they aren't his own foundations of life.

Offline WAC

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 06:44:12 pm »
He could not have pulled that off were it not for the prompters and pre-scripted speech he was given for this particular audience. He actually sounded like an average politician would say and do....so looks like he's going to play along to get along....which remains to be seen if he has the restraint to continue to do so ahead......further if his followers will or not accept this "style" he has to old to in order to win this...if he doesn't stay to form he will most assuredly lose...and that without question.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 10:51:39 pm »

Pretty much agree.

It would've been nice to hear some of these things, consistently, during the primaries.

Hearing him repeat conservative BP all of a sudden out of the blue sounds too much like he's being handled. Which undoubtedly he is.

Its really too late to go from populist & start playing republican now - its not credible. At least as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:52:04 pm by skeeter »