Author Topic: Sen. Graham: Trump's 'Pocahontas' Slam on Warren 'Funny'  (Read 555 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Graham: Trump's 'Pocahontas' Slam on Warren 'Funny'
« on: June 10, 2016, 04:26:16 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=733289

Newsmax
Sen. Graham: Trump's 'Pocahontas' Slam on Warren 'Funny'
Friday, June 10, 2016 12:13 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Donald Trump's "Pocahontas" insult at Sen. Elizabeth Warren was "funny," but his comments on U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel's Mexican heritage were "racist," Sen. Lindsey Graham said Friday.

"When you're talking about a politician, you've got to be able to take a joke," the South Carolina Republican told reporters, reports The Hill. "The Pocahontas thing. You know she started all of this. I don't refer to her as Pocahontas. I can see why she would be offended, absolutely . . . but given this contest, if this bothers you, you need to get out of politics."

Warren Thursday night stepped up her slams on Trump Thursday night in a speech were she called him a "loud, nasty, thin-skinned fraud, and Friday morning, Trump tweeted in response:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Pocahontas is at it again! Goofy Elizabeth Warren, one of the least productive U.S. Senators, has a nasty mouth. Hope she is V.P. choice.
7:07 AM - 10 Jun 2016

But Graham also said that when Warren called Trump "small-minded, weak, racist, that's pretty funny." Warren has stepped up her criticism of Trump, including in a speech Thursday night where she called him a "loud, nasty, thin-skinned fraud."

Trump has nicknamed Warren often with the nickname "Pocahontas," both in speeches and on Twitter, taunting her over her claims of having Native American heritage.

However, Graham urged fellow Republicans to pull back their support of Trump after his comments on Curiel and another about Muslim judges.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Sen. Graham: Trump's 'Pocahontas' Slam on Warren 'Funny'
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 04:28:58 pm »
He's striking a reasonable balance. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:32:40 pm »
He's striking a reasonable balance.

He's trying to get all those independent voters who appreciate a good racist dig now and then.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 04:47:23 pm »

Ancestry.com has a DNA test for $99 which will reveal the truth, if she is or is not an "Indigenous America," as my testing company called it.

I wonder if she has taken the test? Or if not, why?

Until she proves it with DNA or a family tree, she is like the "black-but-not-black" lady in Spokane.

In America you can be anything, that you want to be.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 04:50:32 pm »
Ancestry.com has a DNA test for $99 which will reveal the truth, if she is or is not an "Indigenous America," as my testing company called it.

I wonder if she has taken the test? Or if not, why?

Until she proves it with DNA or a family tree, she is like the "black-but-not-black" lady in Spokane.

In America you can be anything, that you want to be.

I'm pretty sure that she knows of that, and if she thought she could prove it, she'd do it in heartbeat.

I have no problem with the "Pocahontas" line.  If someone falsely claimed Scottish or Mongolian ancestry, a "William Wallace" or "Genghiz Khan" dig would be perfectly appropriate, and not "racist".

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 04:57:45 pm »
I'm pretty sure that she knows of that, and if she thought she could prove it, she'd do it in heartbeat.

I have no problem with the "Pocahontas" line.  If someone falsely claimed Scottish or Mongolian ancestry, a "William Wallace" or "Genghiz Khan" dig would be perfectly appropriate, and not "racist".

Coming from Trump any of those lines will cost him voters.  On top of what he said about the judge this shows a tone deafness.

The President represents all Americans; using this kind of petty immature language in appropriate for a Presidential candidate.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kidd

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 05:14:15 pm »
My only problem with Donald Trump's "Pocahontas" insult at Sen. Elizabeth Warren is that he doesn't go the extra step and call her
Fauxcahontis
or
Liawatha
or
Chief Slinging Bull

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 05:55:28 pm »

DNA science has rushed into mainstream science very quickly. We us it for criminal justice, we use it for paternity/support, we use it for inheritance claims, we use it for medical science, we use it for genealogy.

The science is rock solid, so why wouldn't she do it ?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln