Author Topic: Warren to meet with Clinton amid VP speculation  (Read 269 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren to meet with Clinton amid VP speculation
« on: June 10, 2016, 02:15:15 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/282998-warren-to-meet-with-clinton-amid-vp-speculation

June 10, 2016, 07:32 am
Warren to meet with Clinton amid VP speculation

By Elliot Smilowitz

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) will meet privately with presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Friday, the Washington Post reported.

The meeting comes one day after Warren formally endorsed Clinton, and amid rampant speculation that Warren is being considered as a possible running mate for Clinton.

The two women have spoken several times in recent weeks, including a 30-minute conversation, the Post reported.

Warren has repeatedly gone after presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump in speeches and on social media.

On Thursday she called Trump a “thin-skinned, racist bully” and a “fraud who has never risked anything for anyone and who serves no one but himself.”

A Thursday report said Warren is considering joining Clinton’s ticket if asked, but has some concerns, including whether a two-woman ticket is a good idea.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RedHead

Re: Warren to meet with Clinton amid VP speculation
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »
I don't think Clinton and Warren like each other very much, and I really don't think that Warren is interested in being VP.  I do think that Clinton will satisfy bother Warren and Sanders by giving them a big say in who the VP selection eventually is.

Oceander

Re: Warren to meet with Clinton amid VP speculation
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 02:26:38 pm »
I don't think Clinton and Warren like each other very much, and I really don't think that Warren is interested in being VP.  I do think that Clinton will satisfy bother Warren and Sanders by giving them a big say in who the VP selection eventually is.

No doubt, but they are both cruel enough to see that they can get something they want by working together.  For Clinton that would be unimpeachable bona fides with the Sanders crowd, and for Warren the chance to have her hands directly or indirectly on the hands of power for up to 16 years, 8 as a very activist Vice President (she will exact a steep quid pro quo for agreeing to be VP to Clinton), and 8 years as president herself. 

This is very bad news for us and the country because Trump will most assuredly lose to that combination.