Author Topic: Donald Trump Can’t Hire the Best People, Because They Refuse to Work for Him  (Read 919 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
One of the biggest running jokes of the campaign season has been Trump's repeated assertion that he hires "the best people" in spite of all the evidence to the contrary (which is quite a lot). Trump himself has proven remarkably resilient and has far surpassed expectations, mainly due to the fact that people vastly underestimated the number of idiots who exist in this country - a mistake that Trump did not make.

But up and down the board, Trump's actual campaign operatives have been unmitigated disasters....

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/06/09/donald-trump-cant-hire-best-people-refuse-work/

Offline Mechanicos

There is what some call the best, and what is the best. Manfort is an example of a real "the Best" and he works for Trump. Eric Erickson lies for money. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

There is what some call the best, and what is the best. Manfort is an example of a real "the Best" and he works for Trump. Eric Erickson lies for money.

And Manafort is an example of "the best" because....?

Offline sinkspur

Not a single one of Trump's senior operatives have worked on a winning national campaign in over 25 years.  Manafort thinks yard signs and bumper stickers are a major innovation in GOTV.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Not a single one of Trump's senior operatives have worked on a winning national campaign in over 25 years.  Manafort thinks yard signs and bumper stickers are a major innovation in GOTV.
Trump won the Primary going against what the "best" were using.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Oceander

And Manafort is an example of "the best" because....?

Well, he and his firm are listed as being one of the top firms that lobbies on behalf of human-rights abusers.  I guess birds of a feather and all that. 

Oceander

Trump won the Primary going against what the "best" were using.

Trump "won" the primaries by knowing the sort of lies that would seduce the sort of desperately blind people who appear to make up a large plurality (40% ain't a majority) of the GOP primary voters.  It's all there in his book, but he calls it telling "truthful hyperbole", which is Newspeak for what my grandmother would have called fibs.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trump "won" the primaries by knowing the sort of lies that would seduce the sort of desperately blind people who appear to make up a large plurality (40% ain't a majority) of the GOP primary voters.  It's all there in his book, but he calls it telling "truthful hyperbole", which is Newspeak for what my grandmother would have called fibs.

...and my old man would have kicked my butt for telling.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline BuckeyeTexan

The writer makes the point that political operatives don't want to associate their names with Trump for fear that their reputations get damaged by Trump's politically charged rhetoric or by Trump's getting demolished in the general election.

As everyone knows, Trump loves publicity, positive or negative. He can withstand negative publicity. Normal folks can't take those risks. I don't know if the writer's claims are true or not, but it makes some sense.

There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline WAC

The writer makes the point that political operatives don't want to associate their names with Trump for fear that their reputations get damaged by Trump's politically charged rhetoric or by Trump's getting demolished in the general election............................As everyone knows, Trump loves publicity, positive or negative. He can withstand negative publicity. Normal folks can't take those risks. I don't know if the writer's claims are true or not, but it makes some sense.

I think we'll see this change as the Party gets Trump in line with presenting himself as in control of the issues. His speech today reflected that he's moving into what they and most would expect a Presidential Candidate to speak as. The question will be if they can hold that line with him......he's certainly not an individual people enjoy doing business with unless he wants something from them. So I tend to think more will get on board as this thing we call an election moves along, and Trump begins to "settle down" from his tantrums and uses that energy against Clinton precisely and targeted as he did today.

How long he can sustain this is highly questionable........hopefully his entire family has explained this he must do or lose.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I think we'll see this change as the Party gets Trump in line with presenting himself as in control of the issues. His speech today reflected that he's moving into what they and most would expect a Presidential Candidate to speak as. The question will be if they can hold that line with him......he's certainly not an individual people enjoy doing business with unless he wants something from them. So I tend to think more will get on board as this thing we call an election moves along, and Trump begins to "settle down" from his tantrums and uses that energy against Clinton precisely and targeted as he did today.

How long he can sustain this is highly questionable........hopefully his entire family has explained this he must do or lose.

He cannot sustain it unless he sticks exclusively to scripted remarks, which I don't think he will.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

He can withstand negative publicity.

Agreed until this week.  The Judge gaffe has stuck for at least 8 news cycles now.  Very interested to see how polls respond.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.