Author Topic: Founder of Judge Curiel’s Group: Whites Should Go Back to Europe, California To Be ‘Hispanic State’  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Founder of Judge Curiel’s Group: Whites Should Go Back to Europe, California To Be ‘Hispanic State’

The lawyers’ association to which Judge Gonzalo Curiel belongs was co-founded by a man who publicly bragged about Hispanics taking over California and all of the state’s governmental institutions–and insisted that whites should go back to Europe. The group, the California La Raza Lawyers Association, has been widely defended as “not pro-Mexican” by mainstream media outlets, though the outlets failed to report the inflammatory statements of the man listed first as a founder, Mario Obledo.

A 2010 Snopes report asserts that the first-listed co-founder of Judge Curiel’s group, Obledo, made the statements. They reported:

The statements were also reported by the New York Times in their 2010 obituary for Obledo. They wrote:

When someone put up a sign at the California border saying, “Illegal Immigration State,” he threatened to burn it down personally.

He ignited an explosive response in 1998 when he said in a radio interview that Hispanics were on the way to taking over all of California’s political institutions. He suggested that people who did not like it go back to Europe.

The Washington Post asserts that Judge Curiel is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, which is a local affiliate of the La Raza Lawyers Association of California.

The website for the group lists Mario Obledo as one of three co-founders. He is listed first

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/06/09/whites-go-back-europe-california-hispanic-state-said-founder-judge-curiels-group/

So the same group of zombies who have declared war on every voice of reason in the country have now turned their attention to destroying the reputation of a judge because he dares to preside in a trial against Donald Trump?

And the reach?  It's like finding a quote from George Washington to vilify the United States.

You trumpers are truly desperate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The media has very little effect anymore as its distrusted by most people.

Oh, okay.  Then I suppose you won't complain in the future if the media treats Trump unfairly, or lies about him, because it "has very little effect anymore as its distrusted by most people?"  Just want to make sure that's your position.

I'd point out here that you've already argued against that very proposition yourself up thread, where you claimed that the rioting helps Trump.  The only reason most people know about the rioting, and see those images, is because the media reported on it, showed all the videos on TV, etc..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:10:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Well crap...

I guess all that time I spent making the argument that liberals boycotting Chick-fil-A because the owner (and founder) and his family are pro-life and against same-sex marriage was a total waster of time since (according to Trump supporters) the individual beliefs of those people that you either work with or for taint not only the organization or company they founded and run, but everyone who has any association with them, or the company. 

I guess on the flip side, if in fact we decide that Trump is a racist pr*ck, then everyone whop associates with him, votes for him, or works for him are likewise racists pricks.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So the same group of zombies who have declared war on every voice of reason in the country have now turned their attention to destroying the reputation of a judge because he dares to preside in a trial against Donald Trump?

And the reach?  It's like finding a quote from George Washington to vilify the United States.

You trumpers are truly desperate.

@Maj. Bill Martin @Mechanicos

Now fast forward a year and imagine Trump is in the White House.  People like Mechanicos are monitoring the internet and reporting on anyone who disagrees with Trump.  Trump uses the full force of the Executive Branch (DOJ, FBI, ATF, DEA, EPA, SEC) to silence those who express even the slightest disagreement.

What would stop a bully like Trump from doing that?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

You know, there's a very simple set of solutions to this:

1. Somebody file an ethics complaint against the judge for belonging to an organization that violates the ethics canons, and for failing to recuse himself;

2. Trump files a motion to recuse in the case based on the appearance of impropriety standard in the US Code; or

3. Somebody get a congress member to start impeachment proceedings against the judge. 

Has anyone who thinks the judge is evil tried any of these steps?  @Mechanicos , have you filed an ethics complaint against the judge?  You don't have to be a party to the case to file such a complaint.  Why haven't you filed one?

Trump hasn't filed one and his attorney was on record several weeks ago saying they wouldn't. 

Has anyone written to their Congressional representatives and demanded they start impeachment proceedings?  @Mechanicos, have you written such a letter?  Why not?

If none of these things have been done, then it's clear this is not a real issue but a made up issue and the judge is being slurred solely for political effect.  That's despicable.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Now fast forward a year and imagine Trump is in the White House.  People like Mechanicos are monitoring the internet and reporting on anyone who disagrees with Trump.  Trump uses the full force of the Executive Branch (DOJ, FBI, ATF, DEA, EPA, SEC) to silence those who express even the slightest disagreement.

Nothing would stop him.  And he never lets go of a grudge.  Getting on Trump's bad side would make Nixon's enemies list look like family and friends.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The only difference between Spanish Europeans and White Europeans, is that the White Europeans were smarter, tougher, and stronger, and kicked the ass of the Spanish. And now they want what they call 'their land' back?

Then why not give the Louisiana Purchase back to France?

This is all distorted history and insanity.

Uh,  the Spanish are white.   Mexicans are mostly indigenous Indians.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mechanicos

Oh, okay.  Then I suppose you won't complain in the future if the media treats Trump unfairly, or lies about him, because it "has very little effect anymore as its distrusted by most people?"  Just want to make sure that's your position.

I'd point out here that you've already argued against that very proposition yourself up thread, where you claimed that the rioting helps Trump.  The only reason most people know about the rioting, and see those images, is because the media reported on it, showed all the videos on TV, etc..
Of course I will complain and of course they will treat the GOP guy unfairly and lie. What else is new? It has a lot less effect then it used to. Look at their dismal and dropping viewer numbers. Trump is a God Send for them to boost their numbers up. That's the only reason they have had a increase lately, Normal progression is people are tuning them out.

Look what happened between CNN and Fox. Fox the Open Borders Station attacked Trump almost non-stop but for a couple shows. CNN was more fair to Trump then them. Fox dropped while CNN went up. The Trump Effect. Americans want Trump not their BS. Its a love-hate relationship where Trump plays them like a fiddle. The MSM NEEDS Trump because of his ratings pull, and hes able to work them to counter the really bad stuff they can try.

As much as the left wing and media hammered Trump over the Judge it had no real effect. Same people hate Trump as before. Same people trying to derail him as before. And even that is slowly turning back to favorable for Trump and bad for the ones who attacked him.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline DiogenesLamp

What is so damn frustrating to many of us is that Trump screws up so many of these opportunities.  Had he come out and led with the "La Raza" stuff, the debate we'd be having might be entirely different.  Instead, he came out with the "Mexican" and "Mexican Heritage" stuff, and poisoned the well.

Concur.  Also why talk about the  Trump U thing at all? 

Someone pointed out that in terms of corruption "Trump U is the noise, and the "Clinton Foundation"  is the signal. 

Talk about how corrupt is the Clinton foundation.   Talk about their bribes,  kickbacks and quid pro quos. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mechanicos

Nah the AI does that. People like me actually defend people like you from people like the attackers in San Jose.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

Concur.  Also why talk about the  Trump U thing at all? 

Someone pointed out that in terms of corruption "Trump U is the noise, and the "Clinton Foundation"  is the signal. 

Talk about how corrupt is the Clinton foundation.   Talk about their bribes,  kickbacks and quid pro quos.
I will hazard an educated guess, He needed to get out in Front and put a stop to the Trump U attack early in the game. Now hes inoculated against it with this Judge going forward. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

I will hazard an educated guess, He needed to get out in Front and put a stop to the Trump U attack early in the game. Now hes inoculated against it with this Judge going forward.

Saw this yesterday.   Thought you might want to know about it. 

Even Marxist Cesar Chavez talked against the group when he commented "I hear more and more Mexicans talking about la raza – to build up their pride. Some people don't look at it as racism, but when you say 'La Raza,' you are saying an anti-gringo thing, and it won't stop there. Today it's anti-gringo, tomorrow it will be anti-Negro. We had a stupid guy who just wanted to play politics with the union, and he began to whip up La Raza against the white volunteers, and even had some of the farm workers and the pickets and the organizers hung up on La Raza. So I took him on. These things have to be met head on. On discrimination, I don't even give the members the privilege of a vote, and I'm not ashamed of it. No, the whole business of discrimination can't exist here. So often, these days, the leaders are afraid, and even though they feel strongly against racism, they will not speak out against it. If the leadership is united, then it can say, 'All right, if you're going to do things that way, then you'll have to get rid of us.' You have to speak out immediately, the first time."

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/zieve/160608
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Uh,  the Spanish are white.   Mexicans are mostly indigenous Indians.

According to scientific evidence in DNA, European Spanish have a lot of DNA in common with many in Britain. Y-DNA Haplogroup R1b to be precise.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1b_Y-DNA.shtml

Most "Mexicans" have both European/Spanish and Indigenous American blood. More European, and less AmerIndian than most expect btw.

http://ancestryforums.custhelp.com/posts/81bafe4397

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I must live in a weird world then. Because most/all of the Mexicans I know claim Spanish over Indian ancestry. In fact, many Mexican Indian groups are still persecuted in Mexico, from the days of the conquistadors.

The Spanish/Mexican families I live an work with would be horrified to be classified as Mexican Indians. And, they only accept being called specifically 'Latino'. I have never heard of any 'indigenous people' being of Latin descent or speaking a Latin based language.

Are Mexicans 'Latinos' or not?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/zieve/160608

That's a really nice find.  It's a damn shame that if Trump was going to go down this road, he didn't lead with that aspect of this.  It'd be really nice to have an open conversation about that issue.

Offline DiogenesLamp

According to scientific evidence in DNA, European Spanish have a lot of DNA in common with many in Britain. Y-DNA Haplogroup R1b to be precise.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1b_Y-DNA.shtml

Most "Mexicans" have both European/Spanish and Indigenous American blood. More European, and less AmerIndian than most expect btw.

http://ancestryforums.custhelp.com/posts/81bafe4397

I don't know what most people expect,  but the Spanish did a lot of sowing in the New World,  especially the men.   I should not be surprised to find most Mexicans/South Americans  have some Spanish DNA in them.   (Mestizos) 

But the dominant strain is Indigenous. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I must live in a weird world then. Because most/all of the Mexicans I know claim Spanish over Indian ancestry. In fact, many Mexican Indian groups are still persecuted in Mexico, from the days of the conquistadors.

The Spanish/Mexican families I live an work with would be horrified to be classified as Mexican Indians. And, they only accept being called specifically 'Latino'. I have never heard of any 'indigenous people' being of Latin descent or speaking a Latin based language.

Are Mexicans 'Latinos' or not?

That has been a social and cultural thing for hundreds of years,  and it makes perfect sense when you think about it.   The governing Class since the Conquistadors was Spanish.    This established descent from Spaniards as the marker for high social status.   

The Spanish were brutal and vicious and they did not give a fig about being politically correct.   They taught everyone that their culture was superior and that was that.   

Now people want to claim Spanish ancestry (which probably most of them have some)  as a measure of their social status.  Oddly enough,  the Australians want to claim they are descended from the early criminals sent to Australia when it was a penal colony.   

It's all in what makes your social status higher.   

I don't keep up much with things south of the border,   but I have been informed by people that do,  that this bias towards Spanish ancestry extends to their ruling classes and their entertainment.   People tell me that the richer people are in Mexico,   the whiter they tend to look.   Same thing with the television shows and movies. 

Occasionally i'll turn over to Univision and watch some Spanish programs.   Dark Indian looking Mexicans are not all that common,   while light skinned,  even blond and blue eyed actors and actresses probably have more representation than would be warranted from their percentages of the population.   

But people who live in,  and have lived in Mexico,   tells me this situation is rife throughout their society. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I suppose it would be beside to point to mention this has no bearing on whether a judge from Indiana is a Mexican.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline DiogenesLamp

That's a really nice find.  It's a damn shame that if Trump was going to go down this road, he didn't lead with that aspect of this.  It'd be really nice to have an open conversation about that issue.

In this nation,  in this day and age,  you cannot have open conversations about issues of race.   

Some time back I recall reading something that a man named John Derbyshire wrote.    I think it was called "the talk"   and it was in response to something another man (who was black)  had written to his son about how to deal with whites.   

John Derbyshire got fired.    He crossed the forbidden boundary of a polite society.   He said things which were true,  but ugly.   He said what a lot of people thought,   but which no one would dare say in public.   

Nobody wants to have an open conversation about race.   Not really.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I suppose it would be beside to point to mention this has no bearing on whether a judge from Indiana is a Mexican.

Uh,  the topic of this thread is about how the founder of the "La Raza Lawyers association"   thought whites should go back to Europe.   

Technically it has nothing to do with that Judge's Heritage.   

Beyond that,  threads drift.   It doesn't bother me to discuss tangential subjects if they have some relationship to the main theme of the thread.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The point is, there is no claim the Mexicans can make to justify them 'owning' (if you want to call it that) even the territory of Mexico itself, much less any land in what is now America.

Any claim they make on ownership of California, would apply equally to ownership of Mexico City, which is that it is controlled by those who are there. As soon as all of the Spanish descendants in Mexico and South America start 'returning land' and going back to Spain, then I will at least listen to their pathetic claims to Southwest America. Most people in America are of 'mixed heritage' just like the Mexicans are.

All of this baby-whining, and childish crying from Mexico about losing a war to America is embarrassing. Northern Europe was competing with Spain for land. Northern Europe and Spain fought, and Spain got their ass kicked to the point that they surrendered and signed a formal treaty. That is the end of the discussion for me.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I don't know what most people expect,  but the Spanish did a lot of sowing in the New World,  especially the men.   I should not be surprised to find most Mexicans/South Americans  have some Spanish DNA in them.   (Mestizos) 

But the dominant strain is Indigenous.

According to DNA, European outweighs Indigenous Indian. I put the link in the post. Something like 52% Euro, 38% Indian
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

According to DNA, European outweighs Indigenous Indian. I put the link in the post. Something like 52% Euro, 38% Indian

If you've looked it up,   i'll take your word for it.   

I guess we have to give the Spaniards some "attaboys".    Like Ghengis Khan who fathered half of Mongolia,   they were apparently very successful in spreading their genetic code. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You must all live in a different world. Outside of a few nut cases there is no claim of ownership of California being pushed.   :chairbang:  Baby-whining and crying from Mexico???  :shrug: :shrug:
Then your comment about Spain getting their ass kicked by Northern Europe....end of discussion???  :silly:  So, silly. There were countless wars throughout history involving Spain and various parts of Europe with many victories and losses.

You are so right. I apologize. My remarks were totally out-of-line. When La-Raza says "Whites Go Back to Europe", that is just a simple misunderstanding. And the territory in question was not resolved by war. I apologize if I am confused.

You're the best. It sounds like you have a keen understanding of the situation. One day I hope to be more like you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

NO NO NO  You are so right. I am sorry. I forgot about that guy that died who said in 1998 to a caller on a talk radio show that if the whites don't like that Hispanics are coming to power they can go back to Europe. OH MY!!  La raza is coming.  Lets send all the Hispanics back to Mexico, Cuba, Colombia or where-ever they came from. They are all racists and anti-American. This is not fanning racial hatred. This is reality!!

But wait....even if we send all 12 million illegals back..that leaves another 55 million here with a higher birth rate....maybe we need to ship some others along with the illegals!!!
/s

Trump showed the way.  First demonize Americans with "Mexican Heritage," and muslims.  Then deport the brown people.

It is just disgusting how these immigrants exploit our immigration laws to get citizenship for their children

...like Trump’s mom.