Author Topic: A Growing Vigilante Group Targets U.S. Mosques  (Read 466 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

A Growing Vigilante Group Targets U.S. Mosques
« on: June 10, 2016, 09:39:05 am »
http://www.vocativ.com/327191/soldiers-of-odin-mosques/

By James King
Jun 09, 2016 at 1:01 PM ET

An anti-Muslim vigilante group with roots in Europe is now targeting mosques in the United States with “patrols” meant to curb Islamic extremism and radicalism. Despite the group’s desire to project an image of peaceful crime fighters, however, critics warn against their rise and influence as they prey on Americans who are fearful of refugees and terrorists.

The Soldiers of Odin (SOO) deployed five members of its group to a mosque in the Denver suburb of Northglenn last Saturday to support the “right to free speech” of a lone protester who frequently demonstrates in front of the building. The protester claimed the mosque was full of Islamic extremists, so the group went on a “fact-finding/recon mission,” as they call it. Four members entered the mosque and questioned the imam, asking about the mosque’s stance on Sharia Law and whether the congregation collaborates with radical jihadi groups. One person stood guard outside.
Excerpt.

Online mountaineer

Re: A Growing Vigilante Group Targets U.S. Mosques
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:10:22 pm »
Never heard of this source, Vocativ, so I'd like to see some confirmation of these claims.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 08:16:28 pm »
If the US government and the political classes do not stop playing favorites and hold everyone in this nation - every religion, race, political persuasion, etc. to the same standards legally, rhetorically, politically, then we can expect more and more of this kind of reaction.

In short unless we really do become the kind of colorblind society codified in the Constitution then all hell will eventually break loose.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 08:22:55 pm »
The enemy of my enemy is not always my friend. I wouldn't praise SOO. Their FB page for the US chapter links to and promotes a lot of WN pages.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 10:23:25 pm »
Never heard of this source, Vocativ, so I'd like to see some confirmation of these claims.
Neither  have I , I got the story from the drudge report.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 11:40:08 pm »
I'd read about these Sons of Odin in the past; mainly from a story about there being in Finland.

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/finlands-soldiers-of-odin-face-off-against-huggy-ladies-1275726  (random article pulled up)

I saw a picture of marchers in Finland,  a lot of those participating were mild mannered, looked to be normal citizens in comparison but they were all protesting against the influx of refugees.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:40:39 pm by TomSea »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 01:22:15 am »
I, for one, hope to see more of "the Soldiers of Odin" outside mosques.

Many more.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 06:11:14 am »
One wonders if the intent isn't to ratchet up tensions.

/tinfoil
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle