Author Topic: McCaskill: Todd Akin would be 'perfect' VP for Trump  (Read 166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCaskill: Todd Akin would be 'perfect' VP for Trump
« on: June 09, 2016, 01:57:29 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/claire-mccaskill-trump-todd-akin-224112

McCaskill: Todd Akin would be 'perfect' VP for Trump

By Nick Gass

06/09/16 08:54 AM EDT
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Claire McCaskill has an idea for Donald Trump's running mate: Todd Akin.

The Missouri Democratic senator, who faced down a challenge from Akin in her 2012 Senate run before he made comments about "legitimate rape," suggested on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that the former St. Louis-area Republican lawmaker as someone who would fit the ticket.

While remarking that she would decline a similar position with Hillary Clinton, McCaskill remarked, "I will tell you I've got a great idea that I thought about last night. I figured out who Donald Trump's vice president should be."

"At least he learned how to apologize, he's got political experience ... that would be Todd Akin," McCaskill said. "Oh, you are very naughty," co-host Mika Brzezinski joked. "You're just a bad person," Joe Scarborough said, laughing.

McCaskill continued, "The perfect vice president for Donald Trump."

Reminiscing about her run against Akin in her book published last year, McCaskill wrote that she put up $1.7 million boosting Akin in the Senate primary "so that in the general election I would face the candidate I was most likely to beat."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34