State Chapters > Texas

Land Rush in Texas Hill Country

<< < (2/6) > >>

M1078:

--- Quote from: austingirl on June 10, 2016, 12:22:16 am ---I was going to say, Dripping Springs is practically Austin. I read the rest of the article and saw they included homes in Vanderpool and Uvalde. I live in Medina in Bandera County, true Hill Country.

--- End quote ---

When we moved to Spring Branch 13 years ago we were in the country.  Then Bulverde built a Home Depot and HEB Plus, then they built a McDonalds at the edge of our subdivision, then another McDonalds in Bulverde proper, then WalMart opened this spring and brought a Whataburger, Popeyes, and half a dozen other fast food joints with it.  The north edge of San Antonio has moved about 5 miles in that time frame too.  It might be time to move back to Idaho.

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: M1078 on June 14, 2016, 12:55:02 am ---When we moved to Spring Branch 13 years ago we were in the country.  Then Bulverde built a Home Depot and HEB Plus, then they built a McDonalds at the edge of our subdivision, then another McDonalds in Bulverde proper, then WalMart opened this spring and brought a Whataburger, Popeyes, and half a dozen other fast food joints with it.  The north edge of San Antonio has moved about 5 miles in that time frame too.  It might be time to move back to Idaho.

--- End quote ---

I hear you, but they've got snow, lots of it, in Idaho.  I don't even own a pair of longjohns anymore.  Or, those gator things.

M1078:

--- Quote from: Sanguine on June 14, 2016, 12:58:15 am ---I hear you, but they've got snow, lots of it, in Idaho.  I don't even own a pair of longjohns anymore.  Or, those gator things.

--- End quote ---

Yeh but I got a big truck that can go through all that snow now :)

RetBobbyMI:

--- Quote from: M1078 on June 14, 2016, 12:55:02 am ---When we moved to Spring Branch 13 years ago we were in the country.  Then Bulverde built a Home Depot and HEB Plus, then they built a McDonalds at the edge of our subdivision, then another McDonalds in Bulverde proper, then WalMart opened this spring and brought a Whataburger, Popeyes, and half a dozen other fast food joints with it.  The north edge of San Antonio has moved about 5 miles in that time frame too.  It might be time to move back to Idaho.

--- End quote ---
Whe I went to high school on the north side of SATX, 1604 was still a 2-lane FM road. I've considered moving back since retirement, but the price of housing and sA city and Bexar county property taxes have gone crazy.

M1078:

--- Quote from: RetBobbyMI on June 14, 2016, 01:26:05 am ---Whe I went to high school on the north side of SATX, 1604 was still a 2-lane FM road. I've considered moving back since retirement, but the price of housing and sA city and Bexar county property taxes have gone crazy.

--- End quote ---

Comal County is reasonable and a close drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version