State Chapters > Texas

Land Rush in Texas Hill Country

<< < (5/6) > >>

geronl:
If I were going to "land rush" anywhere it would be the less populated like Baylor County and the surrounding counties

M1078:

--- Quote from: OldSaltUSN on June 15, 2016, 05:39:29 am ---Man, you sure are lucky you left here while the gettin' was good.   Idaho is every bit as bad as you remember, actually, 10x worse.   :nometalk:

--- End quote ---

I didn't leave because I wanted to but due to work.  After 13 years in TX it feels comfortable but still not like home.  I'll be back one day - probably Grangeville cause the liberals are rare.  The town only keeps a couple just to know who not to let in.

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: OldSaltUSN on June 15, 2016, 05:39:29 am ---As a lifetime California (with 4 season experience via MA and PA), I love the weather here in the mild-climated  .... um.... nevermind.

Idaho is in the ice age, snow 12 months a year.  Better stay away.  The women are ugly.  The men..um.. none too bright, either.   Jobs?   No one has one? 

Man, you sure are lucky you left here while the gettin' was good.   Idaho is every bit as bad as you remember, actually, 10x worse.   :nometalk:

--- End quote ---
88finger point

RetBobbyMI:

--- Quote from: OldSaltUSN on June 15, 2016, 05:34:05 am ---...because the same thing is happening here as in Texas.  California's are moving here by the droves - there really is no other reason for the growth here.   There's no real economic boom, e.g. new core businesses, etc., just more Caly money fleeing Kalifornia, and landing in one of the most beautify places on earty.  I've been trying to finish a home, and I can't hire a sub-contractor.  Even when they commit, a week later, they push the schedule out another 30 days.  It's understandable, if you're a sub-c, and the GC's who have kept you in business for 15+ years are begging for your help.  They'd rather piss off the homeowner acting as his own GC, than the half dozen GC's he depends on for a livelihood year in and year out. 

Anyhow, wish ya all luck in Texas.  My suggestion:  Build barricades and keep the Californian and Colorado liberals out.  Plus, the Northeastern progressives; just shoot them at the gates.  Don't bother reasoning with them at all.   Florida?  Better screen 'em for zombie disease.

--- End quote ---
That's what happened to Colorado too.  Used to be the only liberal bastion was Boulder.  But then the flock of wild geese migrated from Granolaland and have taken over that state.

austingirl:
Kalfornians love to bring their "culture" and high prices with them wherever they go. Saw it when I lived in Austin.

@M1078 thanks for the info on Idaho.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version