State Chapters > Texas

Land Rush in Texas Hill Country

<< < (3/6) > >>

RetBobbyMI:

--- Quote from: M1078 on June 14, 2016, 01:41:57 am ---Comal County is reasonable and a close drive.

--- End quote ---
Oh I know.  Just haven't found what I'm looking for yet.  Will spend more time looking when I get down there in Nov for 4 months.

M1078:

--- Quote from: RetBobbyMI on June 14, 2016, 12:47:49 pm ---Oh I know.  Just haven't found what I'm looking for yet.  Will spend more time looking when I get down there in Nov for 4 months.

--- End quote ---

If you need a mortgage lender my wife specializes in VA and TXVet loans.

austingirl:

--- Quote from: M1078 on June 14, 2016, 12:55:02 am ---When we moved to Spring Branch 13 years ago we were in the country.  Then Bulverde built a Home Depot and HEB Plus, then they built a McDonalds at the edge of our subdivision, then another McDonalds in Bulverde proper, then WalMart opened this spring and brought a Whataburger, Popeyes, and half a dozen other fast food joints with it.  The north edge of San Antonio has moved about 5 miles in that time frame too.  It might be time to move back to Idaho.

--- End quote ---

I do not want to leave Texas but I have thought about Idaho. My husband is a San Antonio native and hates cold weather. I was born and raised in Chicago and really dislike the cold, too. What part of Idaho did you live in?

RetBobbyMI:

--- Quote from: M1078 on June 14, 2016, 02:12:20 pm ---If you need a mortgage lender my wife specializes in VA and TXVet loans.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I've had pretty good luck with USAA getting the lowest rates available.  I have considered going to the gulf coast area of Florida or Alabama as property taxes are lower.  Alabama is supposed to be the best for retirees.

M1078:

--- Quote from: austingirl on June 14, 2016, 02:48:33 pm ---I do not want to leave Texas but I have thought about Idaho. My husband is a San Antonio native and hates cold weather. I was born and raised in Chicago and really dislike the cold, too. What part of Idaho did you live in?

--- End quote ---

I lived in Central and North Idaho.  Central, around Idaho County, is very rural and mountainous.  It does get cold and a fair amount of snow.  I spoke with my father today and he said it was 38 last night.  A little farther north, Nez Perce County, is Lewiston.  It's on the Snake River where the Snake separates ID and WA.  Lewiston is at 500' above sea level and is fairly mild during the winter but can get up in the low 100s during the summer.  If they get any snow it's very minimal.  Then you get in to North Idaho - Moscow, Couer d'Alene, Sandpoint - more mountainous with harsher winters - especially Sandpoint.  Sandpoint big draw is a nice lake for summer activities and a good size ski resort for the winter.

I would avoid Southern Idaho as it's mostly high mountain desert - think High Plains Drifter - and there's not much to stop the wind from blowing the cold in to your house or every cavity of your body.  Southern ID is also where the larger cities are so you have to deal with those kind of people :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version