Author Topic: RUMORS: Scott Walker Would Accept Nomination If Trump Implodes Before Convention  (Read 11462 times)

Offline aligncare

He not going to win New York.  Democrats outnumber Republican by a 2-1 margin.

I highly doubt that he'll win Florida, as his whole schtick is anti-Hispanic, which *WILL* motivate the Hispanic vote to actually come out and vote.  Hillary has been doing very well with both African-American and Hispanic voters.

Ohio, I don't really know.  I think that their support for Kasich will blunt Trump and allow Hillary to squeak out a victory.

Pennsylvania will be split, with Pittsburgh and Philly going for Clinton and the mid-section for Trump.  However, there are more voters in Pittsburgh and Philly than the mid-section.  So it'll likely go for Hillary.

Texas is the only sure win for Trump, as Texans would likely even vote for General Zod (to rule over planet Houston) if he has an (R) by the name.

Are you kidding? Every Democrat from gov. Cuomo to mayor Di Blasio, and others in New York State government and New York City government is currently a person of interest or a target of Preet Bharara, the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York (the same position held by Rudy Giuliani before he became mayor).

To quote Bharara (regarding his investigations into state and city officials): we're finding corruption "everywhere we look." On top of that, Hillary Clinton is under two criminal investigations.

Don't worry. Donald Trump is running on an anti-polical corruption campaign. Mr. Trump will win New York State handily.

Offline HootOwl

Well, it's only rumors of "being willing," after all.  It's not saying that Walker would actually be numbered among potential alternate nominees.

But being the first to drop pretty much does rule him out, I'd think.  I think the delegates would consider Kasich to be a better alternative than Walker, if only because he stayed in for the long haul....  Plus which, he'd be more appealing to the broader electorate.

OMG Kasich just opened his piehole and said he would never endorse Trump.  Trump won and Cruz lost because Kasich wouldm't  get  his a$$ out of the race.  All he cared about or cares about is himself.  Even Rubio beat him,   Kasich wanted the VP soooo bad. :seeya:

Oceander

Are you kidding? Every Democrat from gov. Cuomo to mayor Di Blasio, and others in New York State government and New York City government is currently a person of interest or a target of Preet Bharara, the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York (the same position held by Rudy Giuliani before he became mayor).

To quote Bharara (regarding his investigations into state and city officials): we're finding corruption "everywhere we look." On top of that, Hillary Clinton is under two criminal investigations.

Don't worry. Donald Trump is running on an anti-polical corruption campaign. Mr. Trump will win New York State handily.

:bigsilly:

Trump's about to be investigated for improper political contributions himself.  Somebody who lives in NYC ought to know better than to associate Trump with anti-corruption. 

Offline r9etb

OMG Kasich just opened his piehole and said he would never endorse Trump.  Trump won and Cruz lost because Kasich wouldm't  get  his a$$ out of the race.  All he cared about or cares about is himself.  Even Rubio beat him,   Kasich wanted the VP soooo bad. :seeya:

I don't think Kasich fits the spoiler role, and I don't think he was shooting for VP, either. 

I suspect his electoral calculus was based all along on the idea of becoming a compromise candidate in a contested convention.  That would require him to stay in for as long as possible, until Trump was the presumptive nominee and Cruz had dropped out.  At that point there would be no point in staying in, but the ghastly prospect of a Trump nomination would put him in the position of "adult alternative".
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:08:19 pm by r9etb »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

You do remember Alan Hevesi, right?

He was convicted of abusing his office—and STILL won. And that was for comptroller, the least significant statewide elected position in the state.

The fact is, Donald Trump is a PART of all that corruption. By your own admission, he had to do so to get where he is today. He greased palms, paid bribes and funded campaigns for all of New York's crooks. Your side excused it when it was brought up. Now you want to say he's all against it.

Fat chance. He's part of the New York City corruption machine. You are part of the New York City corruption machine living there and supporting him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Very true....My favorite Bond Girl never stood a chance!
bleep Galore?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

If someone in New York was peddling influence, They buyer list is composed of people who had something to gain. After all, it's just business. Investigations are funny things, you flip over a rock and all sorts of maggots get exposed.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

You do remember Alan Hevesi, right?

He was convicted of abusing his office—and STILL won. And that was for comptroller, the least significant statewide elected position in the state.

The fact is, Donald Trump is a PART of all that corruption. By your own admission, he had to do so to get where he is today. He greased palms, paid bribes and funded campaigns for all of New York's crooks. Your side excused it when it was brought up. Now you want to say he's all against it.

Fat chance. He's part of the New York City corruption machine. You are part of the New York City corruption machine living there and supporting him.
Calm down. After all this is a different rule book. New York Values and all that.

C S Lewis

Offline Fantom

Very strange, all but one here, just,threw cruz under the bus :pondering:

Yes @Repub4Trump, because 33 minutes and 12 seconds , on a posting, is an appropriate amount of time to allow elapsed for such a deep sounding. :facepalm2:

Cruz should replace trump at the convention.

Failing that.. I would consider a few.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

There are not enough Cruz delegates to do anything now.

You do know...I hope, that most of the delegates have been selected by now. And the Honorable Ted Cruz has been kicking the the...out of Incompetrump in this regard.

All those delegates are still going to the Convention... something to keep you up at night.

@Mechanicos
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:54:41 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
OMG Kasich just opened his piehole and said he would never endorse Trump. 

I'm proud I stuck with Kasich to the end.  A good man, better than most.   A real Reagan Republican, who remembers what he saw at the revolution.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Quote from: Mechanicos on June 08, 2016, 03:21:44 PM

There are not enough Cruz delegates to do anything now.

You do know...I hope, that most of the delegates have been selected by now. And the Honorable Ted Cruz has been kicking the the...out of Incompetrump in this regard.

All those delegates are still going to the Convention... something to keep you up at night.

@Mechanicos

Turns out that's not really true:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,211125.msg920782.html#msg920782  (The "not enough Cruz delegates" part)

Offline Fantom

@Mechanicos

Turns out that's not really true:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,211125.msg920782.html#msg920782  (The "not enough Cruz delegates" part)

Well, your link proved what?

As for the chosen delegates.. yes they are chosen.. or do you have a link too ..maybe trumpy cheese that says otherwise?

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, your link proved what?

As for the chosen delegates.. yes they are chosen.. or do you have a link too ..maybe trumpy cheese that says otherwise?

Yes, the delegates are chosen, but not bound.  It could be very interesting.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
I'm proud I stuck with Kasich to the end.  A good man, better than most.   A real Reagan Republican, who remembers what he saw at the revolution.

I soured on Kasich at the end.  All he did was stay in the race I day longer than Sen. Cruz to do stumpy's dirty work and block the Senator from a clear shot at Lil Hands.  He was obviously angling to be stumpy's vp.  I'd vote for him over hitlery or Lil Hands, but that's it.
Former Republican.

Offline Fantom

You are free to love Kasich all you want.  But it is not true to say he is a Reagan Republican.  He is not.  His positions are very far from Reagan's.  Kasich is a liberal.  Like him or don't like him.  But be honest about his positions.  Reagan was a consistent and reliable fiscal and social conservative.

Kasich was a Reagan Democrat... but was never a limited government Conservative.

Over the years Kasich has gravitated to being a democrat.

Understanding that... Jazz is a good man. One of honest conscience.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
It is unfair to choose Walker when he did not have to face all those dreadful debates or be in the race getting slimed by the Orange Slimer.    Still, I would settle for it, but it is not fair.  Cruz is the consistent conservative who withstood all of Trump's unfair assaults for as long as possible.  He should be the candidate if the Orange Slime can be defeated.

Walker, in part, dropped out because he was Lil Hands first sliming victim.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:37:26 am by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Offline Fantom

Yes, the delegates are chosen, but not bound.  It could be very interesting.

Ok, I understand.

My post was that Ted has been wining,  the actual delegates selected to attend the Convention.

I think we are are the same page, and apologize for my misunderstanding of your post.

AN yes... it may very well be interesting at Convention.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:08:44 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

I like Jazz fine.  I'm just saying Kasich is a liberal.  I agree Jazz is a good man and I am not trying to coerce his conscience into submitting to mine.  I just feel it is right to set the record straight on Kasich.  Then all of us can vote with an informed conscience.

Fair enough.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ok, I understand.

My post was that Ted has been wining,  the actual delegates selected to attend the Convention.

I think we are are the same page, and apologize for my misunderstanding of your post.

AN yes... it may very well be interesting at Convention.

All good.  I can be a brief at times, so may be hard to understand.

Offline Fantom

All good.  I can be a brief at times, so may be hard to understand.

Sux to have an IQ huh?

Frederick Douglass

Offline ScottinVA

Much as I like Walker and greatly admire his steadfastness and work in turning around Wisconsin - and he was my first choice above all others in the primary - the time to roll Detestable Donald back has passed, unless some intervening act of God changes things.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:21:12 am by ScottinVA »