Author Topic: Jake Tapper Slams Reporters' 'Ridiculously Sycophantic' Questions to Hillary  (Read 879 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=732806

Newsmax
Jake Tapper Slams Reporters' 'Ridiculously Sycophantic' Questions to Hillary
Tuesday, June 7, 2016 09:11 PM

By: Cathy Burke

CNN anchor Jake Tapper ripped reporters' "ridiculously sycophantic" questions to Hillary Clinton at a Monday news conference, saying the media hasn't applied the same standard with Donald Trump.

During a panel discussion led by Tapper Tuesday, Trump supporter Kayleigh McEnany charged the media delivered nothing but softballs at Clinton's briefing on the eve of primaries that could seal her Democratic presidential nomination.

The Washington Free Beacon reports a third of the questions focused on how she felt about making history as the first woman to win a major party's nomination.

"Secretary Clinton, is it setting in that you might be making some serious history here tomorrow?" one reporter asked, while another inquired: "People just come up to you and they get tears in their eyes. Do you feel the weight of what this means for people?" according to the Free Beacon.

Tapper came to McEnany's defense, saying the media's case that coverage of Trump is fair would be stronger if questions addressed to Clinton were as tough as the ones asked of Trump.

"Would the argument of reporters not be stronger if these ridiculously sycophantic questions that were asked of Hillary Clinton yesterday …would not that argument be stronger?" Tapper asked.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Put this under old news. Nothing has changed for many decades. Lib reporters will always give lib candidates softball questions  i.e. "how much good to do want to do for the American people?" type of question.  When interviewing Pubbies they immediately go into attack mode. "Don't you think your proposed policies are going to starve children and kill old people?....or starve old people and kill women and children?"
They can't help themselves.....a leopard can't change his spots, and lib reporters can't be fair in their questions. Accept it and move on.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:55:29 pm by goatprairie »

Offline SirLinksALot

I've read that CNN has now overtaken Fox News as the most watched Cable News Channel in the USA.

I surmise that it is in no small part because of guys like Jake Tapper, who, unlike Sean Hannity ( who defends Trump regardless of what the man does ), does not drool over any candidate.

Offline goatprairie

I've read that CNN has now overtaken Fox News as the most watched Cable News Channel in the USA.

I surmise that it is in no small part because of guys like Jake Tapper, who, unlike Sean Hannity ( who defends Trump regardless of what the man does ), does not drool over any candidate.
Tapper seems a little more prepared than other mainstream i.e. lib reporters to ask tough questions of lib candidates. Tim Russert was the only other lib reporter I can think of who would do that. Good for him.  Yeah, Hannity has turned into a real suckup for Trump.