Author Topic: Illinois Rep. Gov. Rauner will NOT support Trump!  (Read 1123 times)

Offline WAC

Illinois Rep. Gov. Rauner will NOT support Trump!
« on: June 08, 2016, 05:34:40 am »

Gov. Bruce Rauner says he's "disgusted" by Donald Trump's comments....In a statement Tuesday, Rauner says Trump's remarks... "do not reflect the values of America" or the Republican party.

Rauner's aides have said he won't endorse Trump and doesn't plan to attend this summer's Republican National Convention.

http://wkms.org/post/republican-illinois-gov-rauner-says-hes-disgusted-trump-comments

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Illinois Rep. Gov. Rauner will NOT support Trump!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 05:36:35 am »
Gov. Bruce Rauner says he's "disgusted" by Donald Trump's comments....In a statement Tuesday, Rauner says Trump's remarks... "do not reflect the values of America" or the Republican party.

Rauner's aides have said he won't endorse Trump and doesn't plan to attend this summer's Republican National Convention.

http://wkms.org/post/republican-illinois-gov-rauner-says-hes-disgusted-trump-comments

In before @Mechanicos idiotic BS and spam post!

Offline markomalley

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 11:09:13 am »

He should also renounce his membership in the GOP.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 11:20:08 am »

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 11:21:34 am »
Good for Bruce
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Oceander

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 11:29:50 am »
He should also renounce his membership in the GOP.

Why?

Offline markomalley

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 11:35:09 am »
Why?
If the GOP nominates a thug like Trump, then I would not choose to be associated with such a party.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 11:35:26 am »
The Trump Train is coming uncoupled...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 11:36:31 am »
If the GOP nominates a thug like Trump, then I would not choose to be associated with such a party.

Maybe.  Is it not possible to disavow Trump and still continue to work for real republican values?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 11:51:10 am »
Republicans have maximum leverage over Trump right now.

They should FORCE him to apologize over the remarks he made about the judge.

And if he doesn't?  Pull your endorsement.

John McCain stood up to torture for five years and he can't stand up to a racist?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 11:56:04 am »

John McCain stood up to torture for five years and he can't stand up to a racist?
:laughingdog: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :pigs fly:
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 11:57:29 am »

Trump will never apologize, according to him his words were misconstrued.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 12:05:33 pm »

Trump will never apologize, according to him his words were misconstrued.

Of course. I still find it rather hard to see how the accusation that a judge is biased because he's Mexican can be construed as anything other than an ethnic slur. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 12:11:18 pm »
Of course. I still find it rather hard to see how the accusation that a judge is biased because he's Mexican can be construed as anything other than an ethnic slur.
Because only Bigots think all Mexicans are of one ethnicity. And no hes right so should not apologize. This La Raza Judge is Pro Reconquista aka Pro Mexico anti-American Judge. But you knew this. However the political side that argues for reasonable gun control argues Mexican is a race. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 12:19:26 pm »
Because only Bigots think all Mexicans are of one ethnicity. And no hes right so should not apologize. This La Raza Judge is Pro Reconquista aka Pro Mexico anti-American Judge. But you knew this. However the political side that argues for reasonable gun control argues Mexican is a race.

So...you are categorically supporting a candidate who IS trying to garner public approval with bigotry to offset his offenses and has previously stated that the DEMS have got it right about assault weapons.  Got it.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 12:22:52 pm »
Maybe.  Is it not possible to disavow Trump and still continue to work for real republican values?
I've been saying that since around 1992 or so (when it became apparent that Bush 41 was a RINO and not going to continue with the Reagan tradition). How about you?

Question: How's that worked for us so far?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 02:41:14 pm »

The way the primaries are set up makes it possible for a minority to choose the candidate.  And some of the voters who may have voted for Trump earlier on may not have voted the same way had they known all the things he'd say/do later.

The solution is to not vote for this guy in the general election, and nominate a better candidate next time around.  Not take your ball and go home.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:41:39 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 02:45:34 pm »

I'm not disagreeing with your point, but I'd point out that Sonia Sotomayor openly stated that she would expect someone's ethnic heritage and gender to affect how they view issues as a judge.  So if you take what she said as accurate/acceptable, then I don't think it would be fair to criticize Trump for essentially just taking her statement to it's logical conclusion.

Of course, I think her statement reveals bias/bigotry on her part, so it's not a defense for Trump.  But I think it takes balls the size of basketballs for the Left, who supported Sotomayor and generally saw nothing wrong with her statements, to get pissy because Trump linked ethnicity and the role of the judiciary.  They can't have it both ways.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »
The way the primaries are set up makes it possible for a minority to choose the candidate.  And some of the voters who may have voted for Trump earlier on may not have voted the same way had they known all the things he'd say/do later.

The solution is to not vote for this guy in the general election, and nominate a better candidate next time around.  Not take your ball and go home.

The solution is to work hard for the election of down-ticket GOP candidates and work just as hard to see Trump denied the nomination or, barring that, defeated in an historic landslide. 

Only a swift and sure rejection of this man will allow the GOP and the conservative movement to save face.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 02:50:00 pm »
I doubt Trump can win Il..the Clinton machine is entrenched in No Il..it would be a miracle for Trump to win here.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 02:56:44 pm »

How do you know the judge is pro-Reconquista?

Think, for once, before you answer.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 03:02:16 pm »
I have met Rauner and have had a couple casual and shallow conversations with him.  That said, I like him.  The budget showdown he is having in Springfield with Mike Madigan (Illinois House Speaker) is becoming epic.  I pray he doesn't blink - as in Scott Walker.  Time will tell.

Rauner is said to be a billionaire, certainly worth 100's of millions. 

I doubt Trump can win Il..the Clinton machine is entrenched in No Il..it would be a miracle for Trump to win here.

Here is how the 101 counties voted in the last Gubernatorial election in Illinois.  It took several days to confirm the vote and to get Quinn to concede.  Cook County (Chicago) is a big nut to overcome.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:11:23 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 03:27:50 pm »

Do you not have any misgivings about your presidential candidate using his campaign pulpit as a platform to try to influence opinion regarding a private lawsuit he's involved in?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:28:07 pm by skeeter »