Author Topic: Monckton: It’s Time For ‘Texit’ — Texas Should Secede, Thatcher Advisor Says  (Read 72563 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Sounds like you have no problem with allowing 2-3 million Muslim refugees to enter the US then??

@Diogenes

Your response is explicitly dishonest.   

You know very well that the consent of the host country is implicit.   You deliberately tried to put a lie into my mouth.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

It can, through Article V.

Oh.  So where does it  say in British law that a colony may leave it's obligation of "Perpetual Allegiance"  to the King?   

You know,  since laws written by men are superior to laws written by God. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
States did not choose to join.  They were allowed to join with the permission of the existing states.

You are full of crap!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mirraflake

Who do you post as on FR?

I used to engage in battle with a group of union fanatics over there and your posting style is familiar.

(BTW, most of the most vitriolic South haters over there are now Trump fanatics.)

The reason so many people have a unfavorable view of you Southerners is because you come across  as the Clampetts in the photo below.  Face it.  You lost, got your azz kicked and you are still trying to fight a 150 year old war and make excuses.

This is what rational people think of when dealing  with you guys, sorry, it's the truth.

@RedHead
@TomSea

Offline MACVSOG68

No problem.   Here it is.

The laws of Nature and of Nature's God Trump both King and Constitution.

Still, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and utilizing your "evidence" as the basis for exiting the Union will require force of arms.  I would suggest Texas first try a constitutional method.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline mirraflake

Your response is explicitly dishonest.   

You know very well that the consent of the host country is implicit.   You deliberately tried to put a lie into my mouth.

No, it's not dishonest. Under your country though only white, Christian non homosexual people would be allowed to come in.

@DiogenesLamp

Offline MACVSOG68

Oh.  So where does it  say in British law that a colony may leave it's obligation of "Perpetual Allegiance"  to the King?   

You know,  since laws written by men are superior to laws written by God.

It didn't.  As I said, it took force of arms.  But in the case of the Constitution, yes, it is the supreme law of the land.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Funny how when I mentioned that SS payments should be cut off to Texans if they secede they started whining like little girls!  :silly:

Everyone wants their gubment money!  :silly:

You didn't hear me whine.  This Texan would  gladly give up my penance of ss money to escape supporting this $19T behemoth disaster.  And I am retired...........

And btw....   I sure haven't gotten my monies worth for the $1.5M I've paid in fed income tax either. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:14:12 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DiogenesLamp

This statement has not been proven to be true. It's a red herring, slavery was non-existent for all practical matters in the North. This is more of a statement routinely thrown out in the debate about the war between the States.

Not proven to be true?   You do know we have this thing called the "internet"  where you can look up facts and stuff?   

The Emancipation Proclamation  occurred on January 1, 1863.   

Maryland continued slavery until  November 1, 1864.

Kentucky continued slavery until  December 18, 1865.   

I keep pointing out,  if the Union army was fighting to end slavery,   they could have started in Maryland.   Their supply lines would have been really short.   

As the London Spectator noted about the Emancipation Proclamation:

“The Union government liberates the enemy’s slaves as it would the enemy’s cattle, simply to weaken them in the conflict. The principle is not that a human being cannot justly own another, but that he cannot own him unless he is loyal to the United States.”

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

In the South how did one differ from another?  Slavery was the pillar of their society, vital to their financial well-being, and how they differentiated themselves from the rest of the country socially and politically.   

The North didn't care about that.   What they cared about was money.   Specifically what they considered to be *THEIR*  money.   

You need to look at this map again,   and see if you can see what I finally realized it signified. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bringing the Beverly Hillbillies into it is just wrong too;

The South is, in parts at least, Sun Belt, becoming an economic powerhouse, Atlanta, the tech triangle in North Carolina and this would be just considering the general idea of the South, Deep South, without bringing Texas or Florida into the picture.

Where is patriotism strongest? To me, it is in places like Texas, Southern States, saying the pledge of allegiance and so on.  At least, our traditional understanding of patriotism.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

The reason so many people have a unfavorable view of you Southerners is because you come across  as the Clampetts in the photo below.  Face it.  You lost, got your azz kicked and you are still trying to fight a 150 year old war and make excuses.

This is what rational people think of when dealing  with you guys, sorry, it's the truth.

@RedHead
@TomSea

Disgusting post.  When I think of northerners like you, I think of mass Yankee RINOism and enablers of a large bloated federal government.  Yeah the south may have lost the war for a flawed philosophy  of slavery,  but your support of an overreaching , $19T debt generating federal government is heinous too.

Yes, you are complicit in that matter.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DiogenesLamp

States did not choose to join.  They were allowed to join with the permission of the existing states.

They were begged to join.   Actively solicited.   There was none of this "Permission"  crap,   the colonies were desperate to present as big a force as they possibly could to British rule.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mod1

That's enough with the insults and stereotyping. Stay on topic or expect a timeout.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Not proven to be true?   You do know we have this thing called the "internet"  where you can look up facts and stuff?   

The Emancipation Proclamation  occurred on January 1, 1863.   

Maryland continued slavery until  November 1, 1864.

Kentucky continued slavery until  December 18, 1865.   

I keep pointing out,  if the Union army was fighting to end slavery,   they could have started in Maryland.   Their supply lines would have been really short.   

As the London Spectator noted about the Emancipation Proclamation:

“The Union government liberates the enemy’s slaves as it would the enemy’s cattle, simply to weaken them in the conflict. The principle is not that a human being cannot justly own another, but that he cannot own him unless he is loyal to the United States.”

The emancipation proclamation was very much like Obama's attempt write immigration law and just as unconstitutional just like a whole bunch of other stuff the tyrant did! It was pure political theater and freed not a single slave ever!

If you want to know when we lost the REPUBLIC our founders gave us you need look no further than the Lincoln administration.  I'm putting on my flame suit but the truth IS the truth dammit!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Well this should be interesting.  Let's hear it.

Lincoln sent a covert armed force to reinforce Fort Sumter and Fort Pickens.   This was a violation of the truce between the two powers,  and counts as the first act of aggression.   

Lincoln informed the Confederates that he was going to send mundane supplies such as food etc,  but that he would not try to reinforce it with men or equipment of a military nature. 

That was a lie.   He sent both. 

The Confederates caught him in this lie before he could land the men or supplies.   He meant to have a war all along.   In fact,  he *HAD*  to have a war,  and it couldn't have waited much longer.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The same people who supported the Declaration of Independence also created the perpetual union. 

Which means they knew the difference between the Laws of God,   and the laws of men.    Surely they did not believe that the Laws of Nature,  and of Nature's God only apply against the British,   did they?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The concept of Freedom got it's @$$ kicked,   but some people are too stupid to realize that our Federal Leviathan and it's associated Washington/New York power structure,   were birthed in that conflict.   

And the funny thing about your comment is that the creator of the Beverly Hillbillies eventually admitted he created the show to mock Urban "High Society" Intellectuals who thought they were laughing at Hill Billies,   but if you've seen the show,  you realize it is the Clampets who always won those encounters. 

The Urban Intellectuals actually being mocked never caught on!   :) 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Still, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land,

No,  the Laws of GOD were the supreme law of the land,   at least they were according to the founders,   and four score and seven years before the Civil War,   everyone knew it.   

It was simply forgotten four score and seven years later.   

and utilizing your "evidence" as the basis for exiting the Union will require force of arms.

Because no one should pay any attention to what this nation says,  or how it itself was founded.   

So really this is just about control,   and it always was.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

No, it's not dishonest. Under your country though only white, Christian non homosexual people would be allowed to come in.

@DiogenesLamp

Again you are trying to deceitfully put your foul words into my mouth,  and then pretend I said them.   

I believe this may be a form of "Projection."   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

It didn't.  As I said, it took force of arms.  But in the case of the Constitution, yes, it is the supreme law of the land.

It took a force of arms against a nation that did not believe that a people had a right to independence,   but it should not have taken a force of arms against a nation that explicitly acknowledges a right to independence.   

And you can keep saying "the constitution"  is the Supreme law of the land,   but out the other side of your mouth,   you keep telling us that  violent force  is actually the supreme law of the land.   

Looks like for all our pretense,  we haven't really passed the caveman stage yet. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

Fort Sumter was already under siege during the Presidency of James Buchanan.
The Battle of Fort Sumter (April 12–14, 1861) was the bombardment and surrender of Fort Sumter, near Charleston, South Carolina, that started the American Civil War. Following declarations of secession by seven Southern states, South Carolina demanded that the US Army abandon its facilities in Charleston Harbor. On December 26, 1860, Major Robert Anderson of the U.S. Army surreptitiously moved his small command from the vulnerable Fort Moultrie on Sullivan's Island to Fort Sumter, a substantial fortress controlling the entrance of Charleston Harbor. An attempt by U.S. President James Buchanan to reinforce and resupply Anderson, using the unarmed merchant ship Star of the West, failed when it was fired upon by shore batteries on January 9, 1861. South Carolina authorities then seized all Federal property in the Charleston area, except for Fort Sumter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Sumter

Offline DiogenesLamp

Disgusting post.  When I think of northerners like you, I think of mass Yankee RINOism and enablers of a large bloated federal government.  Yeah the south may have lost the war for a flawed philosophy  of slavery,  but your support of an overreaching , $19T debt generating federal government is heinous too.

Yes, you are complicit in that matter.

The Federal Leviathan didn't end slavery,   it merely expanded it.    We all work for Washington D.C. now. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You didn't hear me whine.  This Texan would  gladly give up my penance of ss money to escape supporting this $19T behemoth disaster.  And I am retired...........

And btw....   I sure haven't gotten my monies worth for the $1.5M I've paid in fed income tax either.

Join the club.

Offline TomSea

I'd say a lot of our problems with getting an overgrown government starts with the Great Society I suppose.

It's a very complex problem.