Author Topic: Monckton: It’s Time For ‘Texit’ — Texas Should Secede, Thatcher Advisor Says  (Read 72060 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why? Because you subscribe to stereotypes- that's why. And because you believe cartoons accurately depict life. Do you get out much? :tongue2:

From what I've seen of this, it's pretty close to the truth.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
From what I've seen of this, it's pretty close to the truth.

And what exactly have you "seen of this?" Have you ever attended a meeting of a chapter of Texas Nationalist Movement or been to their website and learned anything about this effort? Have you ever been to Texas?  Of course not.  You choose to mock and denigrate and insult Texans. You have show yourself for what you are.
Principles matter. Words matter.

• Technical
And what exactly have you "seen of this?" Have you ever attended a meeting of a chapter of Texas Nationalist Movement or been to their website and learned anything about this effort? Have you ever been to Texas?  Of course not.  You choose to mock and denigrate and insult Texans. You have show yourself for what you are.

Where did I insult Texans? I have nothing against Texans. That's a lie by you.

Offline RedHead

Ludicrous comment. You apparently think that a national government is acceptable. The Founders gave us sovereign States with a very weak federal government but we have extra-Constitutional national rule now and that's cool with you. You would support killing Texans who voted for independence- that is truly abhorrent.

I would be for accepting war when war is forced on us.

Offline austingirl

Where did I insult Texans? I have nothing against Texans. That's a lie by you.

Did you not post a picture of a cartoon on a thread about Texas secession that depicted beer-drinking losers and stated it put you in mind of people discussing secession?

• Technical
Did you not post a picture of a cartoon on a thread about Texas secession that depicted beer-drinking losers and stated it put you in mind of people discussing secession?

Do a Venn Diagram in your head and parse who I was talking about. This shouldn't be hard.

Oceander

How's about no fighting?

Offline RedHead

If you would read the information about the peaceful legislative process that the Texas Nationalist Movement has been working on for years, you might think differently. Interesting that you favor taking up arms against Texans to 'protect US interests." I guess you think the US owns Texas.

If you're talking about these guys - http://www.thetnm.org/ - then they seem to be laboring under a lot of misconceptions. 

Offline RedHead

Not so fast.   It is not quite that simple.   

If the majority of Texans want to secede,   then the state should be allowed to become it's own independent country.   However,  I predict there will be many people living in Texas that do not want to become Texas citizens,   but instead wish to remain US Citizens.   

Texas should only acquire that portion of the National Debt that is represented by that portion of their population that wishes to become Texas citizens.   Those wishing to remain US citizens would of course keep the portion of the National debt they already owe.

So there are about 27.5 million people living in Texas.  What percentage do you figure will live in Texas while remaining U.S. citizens?

• Technical
Texas wants to secede we should have these terms: No money, no SS, no medicare, no army, no nukes, etc. All SS paid in is forfeited by Texans. You're on your own.

All federal lands remain owned by the US government (from a map it doesn't look like much).

Offline austingirl

I would be for accepting war when war is forced on us.

No one is forcing war on anyone. That is crazy talk. Secession does not mean war. When the Soviet Union broke up there was no war. At the end of WWII there were 54 nations and now there are about 200. The EU may break up. The United States was just fine with all the new sovereign nations and supported many of the independence movements.  Yet the people of Texas or any other sovereign State in our Union can't have the same freedom?

Did you go the Texas Nationalist Movement's website and learn about the peaceful legislative process underway?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I forget, where is the part where Constitutional violations are what you say they are?

What?

Offline austingirl

Texas wants to secede we should have these terms: No money, no SS, no medicare, no army, no nukes, etc. All SS paid in is forfeited by Texans. You're on your own.

All federal lands remain owned by the US government (from a map it doesn't look like much).

No, there sure as heck isn't much federal land in Texas.  And Texas already has the Texas Military Forces, a three-branch military of which the Governor is the Commander-In-Chief. All of those other points would be negotiated between the Texas Republic and the extra-Constitutional national government (which has replaced our Sovereign States and a weak federal government model.) You won't be setting the terms.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

You've got a deal on everything but the SS.  People paid for it and should receive it regardless of where they live. 

• Technical
No, there sure as heck isn't much federal land in Texas.  And Texas already has the Texas Military Forces, a three-branch military of which the Governor is the Commander-In-Chief. All of those other points would be negotiated between the Texas Republic and the extra-Constitutional national government (which has replaced our Sovereign States and a weak federal government model.) You won't be setting the terms.

This is why you don't argue with kooks on the internet. We're arguing about crap that isn't even happening yet.

But we will be setting the terms. It's our choice to pay out SS benefits to a bunch of secessionist fools. And with SS being in the dire straights it is, cutting off a huge state like Texas might not be such a bad deal.

Offline austingirl

If you're talking about these guys - http://www.thetnm.org/ - then they seem to be laboring under a lot of misconceptions.

That is your opinion. They have a great command of the process and are gaining support with each new unconstitutional act of the national government. Texas has one of the largest economies in the world and plenty of natural resources, ports, and our own military.

• Technical
You've got a deal on everything but the SS.  People paid for it and should receive it regardless of where they live.

Nope you leave, you lose it. Period.

Offline austingirl

Do a Venn Diagram in your head and parse who I was talking about. This shouldn't be hard.

I do not do Venn Diagrams of cartoons of beer-drinkers.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
This is why you don't argue with kooks on the internet. We're arguing about crap that isn't even happening yet.

But we will be setting the terms. It's our choice to pay out SS benefits to a bunch of secessionist fools. And with SS being in the dire straights it is, cutting off a huge state like Texas might not be such a bad deal.

This subject really seems to irritate you. Why is that?   :pondering:
Let it burn.

• Technical
This subject really seems to irritate you. Why is that?   :pondering:

I don't like kookery. Never have. This isn't Alex Jones level kookery but it's out there.

Offline austingirl

We are having a discussion of the process underway to have Texas secede and that process will take time. You are calling those who wish for freedom from an oppressive debt-ridden national government that goes against the intent of our Founders kooks and fools. I think those that are happy to remain under the thumb of that tyranny are the fools.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I don't like kookery. Never have. This isn't Alex Jones level kookery but it's out there.

Okay. Thanks for answering. Now I can totally discount your opinion in the future.  ^-^
Let it burn.

• Technical
We are having a discussion of the process underway to have Texas secede and that process will take time. You are calling those who wish for freedom from an oppressive debt-ridden national government that goes against the intent of our Founders kooks and fools. I think those that are happy to remain under the thumb of that tyranny are the fools.

But you see, I don't live under tyranny. I don't agree with a lot of the policies of my government, especially living in MA, but to call it tyranny is kooky. The word tyranny should be reserved for actual tyrants. To call anything you don't like tyranny cheapens the word.

• Technical
Okay. Thanks for answering. Now I can totally discount your opinion in the future.  ^-^

That's fine, think whatever you want. My opinion is one among millions on the internet. I never expected it to amount to much. I'm sure your treasure  yours huh?

• Technical
The topic irritates me:

1) Talk of secession makes the GOP, conservatives seem kooky to "regular joes".
2) We will lose Texas' electoral college votes, senators, and representatives. The rest of the US will lurch to the left.
3) The US will be weakened.
4) When the right splinters, it makes it easier to pick off one by one. United we stand, divided we fall. Like how trump won the primaries, because the opposition was split between Cruz and Kashich, he was able to win.

Lest anyone believe the disgusting slander that I hate texans, consider that I supported Cruz during the latter stages of the primary.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:06:25 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »