Author Topic: Conservatives celebrate defeat of Renee Ellmers in North Carolina primary  (Read 890 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/7/renee-ellmers-loses-primary-north-carolian/

Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Conservative groups celebrated Rep. George Holding’s primary victory over Rep. Renee Ellmers in a North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District.

Mrs. Ellmers had a big bull’s-eye on her back coming into the race after staking out positions that angered various segments of the GOP — including pro-life activists and opponents of legalizing illegal immigrants.

That is why some were surprised that Mrs. Elmers received an endorsement from Donald Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee who has called for an aggressive crackdown on illegal immigration.

Offline libertybele

Obviously Trump's endorsement didn't carry much weight.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Just_Victor

It might have actually hurt her.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Oceander

It might have actually hurt her.

Most likely. 

Offline verga

I disagree, George Holding found it very useful.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline RedHead

What is Kevin McCarthy going to do now that his DC squeeze won't be in town anymore?