Author Topic: First un-endorsement -- Sen. Mark Kirk. "I cannot and will not support my party's nominee for President."  (Read 890 times)

Offline sinkspur

I wasn't aware that Kirk had endorsed Trump but, if he did, this is good.  He's going to lose anyway.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I wasn't aware that Kirk had endorsed Trump but, if he did, this is good.  He's going to lose anyway.

He's only doing this because he's in a tight race here in Il...looks like he will lose his Senate seat.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Then he might as well keep what ever self respect he has.

Oceander

Oceander

He's only doing this because he's in a tight race here in Il...looks like he will lose his Senate seat.

Being associated with a racist bigot will do that to you. 

Offline skeeter

Up for re-election in a decidedly purple region.

The Trump effect - in the end all he'll have are his core followers.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Up for re-election in a decidedly purple region.

The Trump effect - in the end all he'll have are his core followers.

Illinois ain't purple. It's about as blue as you can get.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Thanks ... I was just about to type this.

Offline kevindavis007

As someone who lives in Illinois, I agree with you..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Oceander

So how did he manage to get elected in the first place?

Offline kevindavis007

Kirk is more of a moderate (also Rauner is a moderate on Social issues as well), plus he had a weak opponent..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Here's some info on Mark Kirk (he's no friend to the unborn):

http://www.ontheissues.org/Social/Mark_Kirk_Abortion.htm
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Same as Scott Brown in MA probably, elected in a mid-term wave election. Although Brown was elected in a special election after Teddy died, it was still 2010, a huge GOP wave year.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Exactly.  At this point the choice is clear.  Endorse Trump and we lose the majority in the Senate and some seats and maybe the majority in the House.  Don't endorse Trump, and we have a better chance of keeping the majority in at least the House and possibly the Senate - stifling Hillary's moves for the next 4 years. 

The fix was in from the very beginning for Hillary; Donny was nothing more than a siphon for the DEMS, eliminating (at the time this was orchestrated) Bush...no one expected Cruz to be such a formidable foe ... not even Donny.

Worse case scenario, Hillary gets in and we lose the Senate as well. Yep ... everyone that bolstered Trump is responsible from this point forward.  Nice job.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:14:13 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Good.  He's just as big a RINO as Ayotte.  I remember when he was begging Palin for her endorsement back in 2011.  Never got it.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Wingnut

Illinois used to be a good place to live and raise a family.  Then it was a good place to live anywhere in Illinois but chicago and Rockford.  Now it good to live anywhere outside of Illinois.   Will the last taxpayer leaving IL please turn the lights off.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:23:17 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Norm Lenhart

With his record, I wouldn't project any noble goals on him. He was probably going to Back the same people he regularly votes with eventually anyway.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Worse case scenario, Hillary gets in and we lose the Senate as well. Yep ... everyone that bolstered Trump is responsible from this point forward.  Nice job.

But but but LESSER EVIL!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

And stuff...

I've tried telling people for years. They always 'knew better'. They WANT liberals in power. They ensure it every election.

Offline kevindavis007

Illinois used to be a good place to live and raise a family.  Then it was a good place to live anywhere in Illinois but chicago and Rockford.  Now it good to live anywhere outside of Illinois.   Will the last taxpayer leaving IL please turn the lights off.

It won't be me.. I'm thinking of leaving Illinois..

Offline Norm Lenhart

It won't be me.. I'm thinking of leaving Illinois..

Smartest move you'll make. I left NY (Adirondacks) 20 years ago. There has never been a day I have regretted the decision. The place is beautiful to see...well when you arent looking at all the mini Detroits that the Dems in power created at least. But it's a rathole to live in.