Author Topic: Trump Walks Back: ‘I don’t care if the judge is Mexican or not’  (Read 2066 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR.COM

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/06/07/trump-i-dont-care-if-the-judge-is-mexican-or-not/

by John Sexton

Trump finally got the message that his comments about Judge Curiel’s “Mexican heritage” were not helping him. After a conference call in which he reportedly asked surrogates to go on the attack, last night Trump appeared on Bill O’Reilly’s show and recanted what he had said previously, telling O’Reilly, “I don’t care if the judge is Mexican or not.”

The interview opened with O’Reilly asking Trump, “Do you regret making it personal with the judge?” “Look, I’ve had very, very unfair decisions, people have said this should have gone away a long time ago on summary judgment,” Trump replied. He added, “The plaintiff in the case was an absolute disaster for them and they asked whether or not…they went to the judge and they asked whether the plaintiff could get out of the case.”

“I mean, she said all great things about the school. She has a tape of her saying great things and she has a written statement signed by her saying great things and the judge dismissed her from the case but left the case stand. We thought we were going to win the case.”

Trump concluded saying, “I don’t care if the judge is Mexican or not. I’m going to do great with the Mexican people because I provide jobs, so I don’t care about Mexican.”

Asked by O’Reilly why he didn’t just say that in the first place Trump replied, “Well the question was asked to me.” For the record, that’s not true, at least not initially. Politico reported last month that Trump attacked Judge Curiel as “Mexican” at a rally in San Diego (the judge is American). Then, last Thursday, Trump told the Wall Street Journal the judge had a conflict of interest because of his “Mexican heritage.” A day later Trump was asked about those comments by Jake Tapper and chose to double down rather than walk them back.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO

Offline RedHead

Further proof, if additional proof be needed, that Donald Trump wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the butt.  He is incapable of telling the truth, and like all habitual liars he is cannot keep his stories straight. 

Offline sinkspur

Quite a dilemma for the Trump-xxxx:  do they believe him now or do they believe what he said just yesterday?

Sink: Please don't use vulgar language.
Mod1
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:56:28 pm by Mod1 »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

Too late, damage done.. Trump just gave more ammo to the Clinton..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Quite a dilemma for the Trump-xxx:  do they believe him now or do they believe what he said just yesterday?

Yep he has put his sycophants in a bind now.  But I think they've long been accustomed simply to believing the most recent pronouncement.

Must be an awful lot of whiplash in Trump-ville.  At least he'll lock up the chiropractor vote.

Modified by Mod1 to delete vulgar insulting term.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:57:09 pm by Mod1 »
James 1:20

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline NavyCanDo

I hope nobody reading this has ever had to appear before a Judge - but we have nearly all been pulled over by a cop. What is the one thing you have always been told not to do when this happens?   The term I learned was 'Don't Poke a Bear".    That starts with not insulting him, and by treating him with respect and in a friendly non threatening manner.    Trump I poking a bear - a grizzly bear
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

Here's that profile in courage, Senator Jeff Sessions:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wishy Washy Flip Floppy Trump version 28973.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Used to have a lot of respect for Sessions........before he sold his soul.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Re: Trump Walks Back: ‘I don’t care if the judge is Mexican or not’
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 07:05:38 pm »
Quite a dilemma for the Trump-humpers:  do they believe him now or do they believe what he said just yesterday?

Does anyone really want a CIC who changes opinions like socks controlling the fate of millions of our servicemen and women?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 07:38:08 pm »
Trump gave his surrogates marching orders yesterday.  Condemn the judge and condemn the media.  None of them are doing it...so the leader is giving new orders.  #mutiny

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »
Sure Donny. And Brutus was an honorable man, right?
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 07:52:18 pm »
Trump is learning that political campaigning is different when the media no longer needs you as a foil to eliminate who they consider the real threat.

Offline livius

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 08:00:34 pm »
Trump gave his surrogates marching orders yesterday.  Condemn the judge and condemn the media.  None of them are doing it...so the leader is giving new orders.  #mutiny

The guy (Trump) is a nutbag, and he succeeds only by doing weird things to his opposition.  They don't know how to respond ppbecause this is not regular political discourse - it's all about an unpredictable loony being in charge, even though he has no idea what he would do.

We have to remember that he got here by a fluke - too many GOP candidates, a seriously weak institution (Priebus was going to oppose him, but obviously that went out the window), and major media support. And in that, I include Free Republic, because if you were perceived as an "anti-Trumper" - which was apparently forbidden and simply meant questioning him - you were out. So with the assistance of the media, he ran roughshod over a lot of his opposition or had them relegated to the"effete intellectuals" class.

The question is what to do now.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 08:02:30 pm »
Like clockwork:

Offline markomalley

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 08:06:18 pm »
Like clockwork:

Like the racist who exclaims: "Some of my best friends are black"

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 08:06:32 pm »
Yep he has put his sycophants in a bind now.  But I think they've long been accustomed simply to believing the most recent pronouncement.

Communists call this "The Current Truth"

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 08:07:41 pm »
Like clockwork:

Whiner.

No, not a whiner,... a RACIST whiner.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:08:28 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:18:08 pm by Half Vast Conspiracy »

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 08:26:13 pm »
Make up your mind Mr. Trump! You're confusing everyone!

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 08:35:24 pm »
Walk back nothing.

Not all people of Mexican Heritage are La Raza.
Even a Democrat can see that is all that was said.
Its the La Raza thing is killing the #neverTrump/Democrat Clan
Mexican is not racist because its a Nationality.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline r9etb

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 08:35:46 pm »
The question is what to do now.

It appears that the GOP leadership (Ryan and McConnell) are using the whole "judge thing" as the straw that broke the camel's back. 

This will come up in the context of the convention, and will hopefully disqualify Trump.  There is no requirement that the GOP commit suicide in Cleveland.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 08:37:45 pm »
It appears that the GOP leadership (Ryan and McConnell) are using the whole "judge thing" as the straw that broke the camel's back. 

This will come up in the context of the convention, and will hopefully disqualify Trump.  There is no requirement that the GOP commit suicide in Cleveland.

I wouldn't count on the pubbies not nominate the racist.

Expect suicide.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:38:21 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 08:43:49 pm »
I wouldn't count on the pubbies not nominate the racist.

Expect suicide.

Sadly, I think you are correct.