Author Topic: The Brooklyn Museum embarrasses itself with Angela Davis  (Read 694 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Brooklyn Museum embarrasses itself with Angela Davis
« on: June 07, 2016, 05:40:31 pm »
Dennis Prager going on about this today.  So, this is a blog from PJ Media; if it needs to be moved, fine.

The Brooklyn Museum embarrasses itself with Angela Davis

The Wall Street Journal has just posted a piece I wrote about the latest recipient of the Brooklyn Museum's Sackler Center First Award, “honoring women who are first in their fields.” Past recipients have included  the novelist Toni Morrison, the muppet Miss Piggy, and the fantasist Anita Hill.  This year, Elizabeth A. Sackler, chair of the Brooklyn Museum, founder of the Sackler Center for feminist art at the BM, scion of Dr. Arthur M. Sackler, the philanthropist who made a killing marketing painkillers like OxyContin—this year, I say, the muppets took a back seat to a genuine representative of what my friend Ron Raodsh calls the "left-over Left," Angela Davis, middle-class scourge of the middle class, hater of the America that gave her tenure and decades of lavish speaking fees, Black Panther and Communist candidate for Vice-President, lover (and secret wife) of George Jackson, a career thug who spent most of his life in prison, was implicated in the murder of a prison guard, and was shot while trying to escape. You can see why, for fifteen minutes, Angela Davis was a beloved cultural icon of the revolutionary Left.

I go into all that in the piece in the Journal. For space reasons, I had to leave out consideration of the fact that a public institution—moreover a public art institution—should be lavishing one of its signal honors on a woman who once made the FBI's list of the Ten Most Wanted malefactors and who has made a career of disparaging the country that so enriched her.

More: https://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball/2016/06/06/the-brooklyn-museum-embarrasses-itself-with-angela-davis/

Found this other link: http://www.iwf.org/blog/2800424/Privilege-Watch:-The-Latest-on-Angela-Davis-

Anyway, one can check the story for itself, I don't want to misstate anything. I do know Prager said a judge got his head blown off when weapons were smuggled into a trial; another hostage injured for life.

And Diblasio honoring this person now?? Again, sounds like this is what Prager said, perhaps by just allowing her to that museum does so.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Brooklyn Museum embarrasses itself with Angela Davis
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 07:32:03 pm »
Your recollection of a Judge getting his head blown off is accurate.  The criminals tied the muzzle of the shotgun to the Judges neck, so no matter what happened they could blow his head off, even if they were killed first.  She smuggled the weapons into the courtroom, and why she isn't serving a life term at SQ is totally beyond me.  The story was huge at the time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

Re: The Brooklyn Museum embarrasses itself with Angela Davis
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 11:13:34 pm »
Your recollection of a Judge getting his head blown off is accurate.  The criminals tied the muzzle of the shotgun to the Judges neck, so no matter what happened they could blow his head off, even if they were killed first.  She smuggled the weapons into the courtroom, and why she isn't serving a life term at SQ is totally beyond me.  The story was huge at the time.
She bought the weapons...she didn't personally smuggle them into the courtroom. Nevertheless, she is still guilty of aiding and abetting the murders. She should be serving a life sentence for her crimes.
Oh, and among other things she supported the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovaki in 1968 for which she was censured by Solzhenitysyn.  She's a real piece of work alright.